Thread: haven't heard of Drive on YouTube?

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    in case some of you guys haven't heard of Drive on YouTube, check out their trailer for season 10

/DRIVE SEASON 10 TRAILER: http://youtu.be/sjocyWhVcjc

Quality media productions like this, have been a huge reason why I have become a cord cutter. you really can't find good shows like this by automotive enthusiast
    on network or cable anymore. Most shows became some type of reality TV show and or trying to sell or push crappy products that sponsor their show. this is all my opinion, check out their channel they have some really cool vids. some of my favs were the all Electric E36 M3 and the back to back test of the F40 & F50.

enjoy

p.s. in the trailer , not to sure if you saw a white E30 M3 rally car, but I think its pretty awesome, I believe the owner is Chris Harris. hopefully he will get into some details on his recent build which I have been following on Twitter.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    z3
    Petrolicious is much better imho but I watch them both.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Petrolicious is much better imho but I watch them both.
    Petrolicious is awesome, i also watch them.

if you like Petrolicious, you should check out Roads & Rides... pretty cool IMO
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

My Cars
    BMW's
    Drive has come a long way in the last year or two. I remember when it was just FastLaneDaily. Whats cool is seeing these guys at local tracks up and down California. I always make sure to heckle them and give little Leo & musicals a hard time, a very friendly bunch.

Connect with us on: Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | Pintrest | Twitter | YouTube

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank@AchillesMotorsports View Post
    Drive has come a long way in the last year or two. I remember when it was just FastLaneDaily. Whats cool is seeing these guys at local tracks up and down California. I always make sure to heckle them and give little Leo & musicals a hard time, a very friendly bunch.
    drive has come a long way... as far as drive+ i haven't seen Leo... Just Mike, Chris, Matt, and Michael...

I love Leo!!! met him at laguna seca during the historic races while back really cool and funny guy.

FLD lol gotta love derrick, i met him at the SF auto show couple years back.

My Cars
    E92 335i, 135i, M3, 540i
    Always loved drive. Im hearing that Drive will return with 3-4 minute episodes with ads while the full feature length content will require a $4/month subscription. Theyre out of money.

We Specialize In: BMW Wheels | | BMW Exhaust | ESM wheels | Forgestar Wheels | BC Racing Coilovers | HRE FlowForm |
    ModBargains
    | Sales@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    I like watching a lot of the features on /DRIVE, not sure how I feel about /DRIVE+ yet. I get the principle behind it and hopefully it does allow them to continue doing quality productions like they intend, but not sure I'm willing to fork over $4/mo for a Youtube channel

My Cars
    E92 335i, 135i, M3, 540i
    In my mind, its not paying for a youtube channel. Its paying for Chris Harris. Which is much different

We Specialize In: BMW Wheels | | BMW Exhaust | ESM wheels | Forgestar Wheels | BC Racing Coilovers | HRE FlowForm |
    ModBargains
    | Sales@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by ModBargains III View Post
    In my mind, its not paying for a youtube channel. Its paying for Chris Harris. Which is much different
    that's how I look at it, and for 39 bucks a year, you save some $$ if you haven't seen their latest vid, the Drive one is only 2min long, on the other hand, the Drive+ is 15min long

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by ModBargains III View Post
    Always loved drive. Im hearing that Drive will return with 3-4 minute episodes with ads while the full feature length content will require a $4/month subscription. Theyre out of money.
    YouTube underwrote the DRIVE program for two years as part of an agreement. Well, the two years is up, they need funding from somewhere. They made a video explaining that some of their video cost upwards of $9k to shoot and the youTube ads sometimes only rake in 1/4 of that.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post

YouTube underwrote the DRIVE program for two years as part of an agreement. Well, the two years is up, they need funding from somewhere. They made a video explaining that some of their video cost upwards of $9k to shoot and the youTube ads sometimes only rake in 1/4 of that.
    yup your right, which is why I subscribed. I I love their content