Thread: E12/E28/E24 Steering Column into an E9.

My Cars
    1990 325iC

E12/E28/E24 Steering Column into an E9.

Hi Gents (and Ladies) - first time-poster, long time reader. Was wondering off-hand whether it's possible to put the steering column from the E12/E28/E24 models into an E9. Been looking at a few - well, who wouldn't - but the turn signal stalk on the right side put me off a bit. I know, 1st World problems and all that, but I'm interested in doing a resto-mod in the next cpl yrs when time allows with the intention of swapping in an M88/S38, and was wondering if this was at all possible. Make no mistake, it's not a deal-breaker but being the long-ago former owner of a Datsun 2000 which had its signal stalk on the right, I never got used to signalling right and having my wipers turn on.

Also, while I'm here I might as well ask if it's possible to install a (factory-like) sunroof. Looking for one with a sunroof, and again, not a deal-breaker but would prefer one.

Thank you for hearing me out; I've enjoyed everyone's posts.

My Cars
    1971 2002
    I doubt anyone here would be much help.

Contact....
    -Coupe King
    -La Jolla Independant
    -Terry Sayther Automotive
    -The Werk Shop
    -Korman Autoworks
    -Ireland Engineering

Each of these are shops who remain from yesteryear and are intimately familiar with coupes and coupe modifications. Chances are one of them would take the time to sit down a chat.