Thread: Detailed search for pre-owned BMW's (E90's specifically)

My Cars
    '04 WRX / '07 X3 6MT

Detailed search for pre-owned BMW's (E90's specifically)

Im wondering if there's a website or database of pre-owned cars, that knows the options from previous BMW models (E90, specifically) and essentially lets you "build your own", from its list of available cars?

BMW doesn't make the car that I want to buy: A Euro-delivery 2015 E90 335i, RWD, manual with absolutely No Nav. (Never liked that tumor in the dashboard.)

The next best thing might be an '11 or '12, if I could find one with the options list I want.

Pretty much the only appeal of the F(ailure)-30 to me is that you can buy one new right now. :-(

Edit: I suppose if the F-30 refresh brings a brilliant new engine to supersede the N55 I might warm to it.
    Last edited by skifastr; 07-26-2014 at 12:25 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    Nothing like you want exists, your best bet is to ask for the VIN on cars you want and run them through a VIN check

But, pre-owned car buyers cant be choosers... getting all the options you want and none you don't is one of the best parts of buying a new car. Personally I drove an F30 for a bit and really enjoyed the car, MUCH more than an E90. And an F30 will hold it's value better, possibly enough to offset the current price different between F30 and a '12 E90.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    Even the base 320i comes with Idrive screen, which I think is a nice standard feature.

Have you spent considerable amount of time in both E90 and F30 to come to such a conclusion? A screen may look like something that was added at the last minute, but if you spend some time looking at the dash, you'll see it is incorporated into the dash design. IMO it certainly looks better than E90 dash hump.
    http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...mparison-4.jpg

Also, I think the standard Idrive screen could've been made better, since it has a small screen but a huge black frame around it. It looks OK but everytime you look it'll remind you about the option you didn't get.
    BMW-316i-Interior.jpg
    However, it is not as bad as empty cubbyhole you'll get with X1 if you don't get satNAV

Besides, you'll get extended instrument cluster with tech package, which I think is great along with HUD. Optional bigger screen looks so much better and I think it has more resolution as well, and I think it looks great.
    http://www.bmwhotnews.com/wp-content...package-02.jpg
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    '05 330 ZHP slosh box
    A 2015 e90? Am I missing something?

The e90 335 got the N55 engine... In 2010 I think.

2005 E46 330 ZHP Imola Red
    2004 E46 325 M56 Steel Metallic Blue - Sold

My Cars
    E36 M3
    BMW's CPO Search is the closest you're going to find to what you're looking for. http://cpo.bmwusa.com/index.htm

It will let you search year, model, transmission, CPO status, etc. And it also lists correct options on each car (something Autotrader and Cars.com don't offer.)

If you want something very specific, you're just going to have to do the legwork and weed through all the pre owned cars for sale and find one you like. No one else or no search engine is going to do it for you.

I wouldn't write off the F30 so easily just because it has iDrive. Infotainment systems are the way of the future and every car will have one soon enough. Heck, the Corolla I rented last week had it. Don't be stubborn and refuse to learn how to use one. Too many people I know hate iDrive because they refuse to learn how to use it and when they do, they only utilize maybe 5-10% of it's features.

My Cars
    z3
    FWIW the 1 series I drive a lot has iDrive and I've actually really come to appreciate that system. Its intuitive to use, non-intrusive and after having driven a car with it, cars without it look naked to me. It's really not occupying a space you need for road visibility anyways, so I don't see any drawbacks to the system and refusing to want to buy a car simply because of such a system to me is trying to hold onto a past world that has since changed. The first gen iDrive was not known for being a great system but the later developments of it are some of the best for what they are.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!