Thread: E36 m3 FBO vs. Tesla Model S and VW ?

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det

E36 m3 FBO vs. Tesla Model S and VW ?

Had a couple kinda sorta races today down in Mexico. I was in 95 m3 with fresh motor and FBO.
    First one was at stoplight next to a model s (they're as ubiquitous as prius around here). Just was feeling things out not wot from line. He acted like no interest so i gas it and try to see him in mirror. Once again the silent s starts to accelerate til i see his nose to the left (freakin annoying that lack of sound) then we wot just up to top of third as he starts to barely pull then he let's off just as it's gettin good cuz he's wussy.
    Second one was some new generation gti or r i couldn't tell. Side to side at stoplight coming to a stop and go from second. Pull slightly all the way to top of third then i let off cuz turn coming up. He was a good sport and looked like he wanted more.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    '88 Porsche 951
    Mods?

photo (87) by SpeedFreak81, on Flickr
    '88 Porsche 951 Turbo | '07 335i | '08 Corvette C6 - 60-130 in 8.5sec | 06 GTO | '03 C5 Z06 - 12.2@116 stock

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Only model S that an n/a e36 could race and be close to is a base model 60. The 85, p85, or p85+ would whoop an e36's ass. I know this because I have an n/a e36 that's pretty quick, and I work for Tesla lol. Good job on the VW kill though!
    Last edited by Da Infammus 1; 07-24-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    Infiniti G35S Turbo BMW M3/4/5 Ninja ZX6R 636
    Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
    Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated

UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
    Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak81 View Post
    Mods?
    Mine? It should show up in my sig or whatever u call it. Dunno which tesla it was but i've raced one before in turbo 240 and it pulled then and the m3 is slower than that. The tesla drivers never wanna go all out though, it's like they wot for a bit and then stop when they realize they're driving inneficiently and wasting power.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Mine? It should show up in my sig or whatever u call it. Dunno which tesla it was but i've raced one before in turbo 240 and it pulled then and the m3 is slower than that. The tesla drivers never wanna go all out though, it's like they wot for a bit and then stop when they realize they're driving inneficiently and wasting power.
    LMAO! Sounds about right for the owners hahaha

Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    2002 Em Three
    Nice kill on the VW. Everyone I come across never wants to run me. Where you at in SD? We should do a friendly run some time

My Cars
    That would be cool but unless you're bone stock you might take the m3. If u wanna wait a bit til i get the upgraded turbo and clutch in the s13 that's a completely different story.
    Last edited by CMG; 07-24-2014 at 06:09 PM.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-

My Cars
    2002 Em Three
    I have a 335i now. My m3 got totaled in December. You stay in north or south SD? You also going to the Mfest meet this Saturday?

My Cars
    At studio diner? Just looked it up it's the first i heard of it. Probably not gonna go, i'll see. I'm not really into the scene i kinda keep to myself.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-

My Cars
    What's with the yuppies in nice cars not wanting to line up properly? Had a new 535i going slow so i change lanes then he speeds up so i drop behind him. He takes off at red light with me behind him not loosing an inch to the top of third then he lets off and gets to right lane. I let off then pass on left. We appreach a red light with no one in front and he gets behind me. Wtf?

95 BMW M3 Alpine-

My Cars
    2002 Em Three
    LOL. people around here are weird. Almost every time I run someone from a light and win they will pull behind me or pull up next to me and not look at me. no thumbs up or small talk, just embarassment and hiding I guess. Hell even if I lose, i'll still give him a thumbs up.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by hektik02 View Post
    LOL. people around here are weird. Almost every time I run someone from a light and win they will pull behind me or pull up next to me and not look at me. no thumbs up or small talk, just embarassment and hiding I guess. Hell even if I lose, i'll still give him a thumbs up.
    Not acceptable. If you lose, you give them the finger.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    1994 BMW e36 conv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    Love it

My Cars
    87 325ic
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    +1
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ''best car ever made," -Richard Hammond

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Infammus 1 View Post
    Only model S that an n/a e36 could race and be close to is a base model 60. The 85, p85, or p85+ would whoop an e36's ass. I know this because I have an n/a e36 that's pretty quick, and I work for Tesla lol. Good job on the VW kill though!
    sounds like we need to see what the p85+ can do. Im a big fan of fast electric cars. I wouldnt feel bad at all taking a butt kicking!

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by bry195 View Post
    sounds like we need to see what the p85+ can do. Im a big fan of fast electric cars. I wouldnt feel bad at all taking a butt kicking!
    Come on down to the service center, I'll show you around and take you for a test drive in one

Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    97 M3, 85 318i
    Can I come!?

Custom Stage 3-ish RMS supercharged E36 M3/4/5
    Frankenstein e30 318i commuter

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristo View Post
    Can I come!?
    heck yea, someone has to make the motor sounds. I only do 2 stroke dirt bikes.

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    do they publish a torque curve on those motors? If its permanent magnet, I think thats what you told me..?..I bet they are torquey as hell off the line.

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by bry195 View Post
    do they publish a torque curve on those motors? If its permanent magnet, I think thats what you told me..?..I bet they are torquey as hell off the line.
    430lb/ft from 0 rpm, it's really fun. We need to meet up anyhow, I need some tips on redoing my door panels remember lol.

Acurazine.com Mod Squad

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    yea, man! I got the black carpet now and I'm going to try to get the rest of the tan to black this weekend. weekend after that Im going to universal then its wide open. got everything for the black conversion. If you have time stop by this weekend and I'll show you how to do the panels.

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    430 ftlb from zero! for sure permanent magnet. how do they keep that keep that under control in 1st gear? who makes the drive that controls that motor? we built a custom 1600 hp drive and it was (2) 8 door panels. if the building lost power the inertia of the wheel we were spinning would power the entire plant for about 4 minutes. so 430 ftlb at about 1 amp per Nm you are looking at a ton of power.

If you use all 430ftlb's does it start to pull torque out of the motor for a certain period of time to keep from cooking the stator, with those short bursts of power? if its 430 continuous I might have to write a little tune for you. is there an encoder or resolver mounted to the rotor on the motor to time the pulses (commutate)?

My Cars
    '08 G35S, '98 M3/4/5
    I assure you there is no hacking into these to write a tune for them lol. Only people that can make changes to it are the programmers in California. I believe it's continuous, or at least that's how it feels in the car lol. Its like a roller coaster!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tristo View Post
    Can I come!?
    Ofcourse! Did u find the specs for those vbands btw?

Acurazine.com Mod Squad