Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i

Just bought 2003 BMW X5 4.6is with 93K miles and unbeliavable condition

I wasn't really shopping for a car but I simply couldn't pass on this. I've had it on my lift for an hour and the only thing I found was typical power steering hoses leak and VC gaskets starting to leak again in the back even though they've replaced fairly recently.

Clean carfax, 2 owner southern car with all records (I have 22k in receipts not counting tires and brakes) It has recent alternator, valley pan, 2 window regulators, new tires and brakes (front and back) upper TC cover gaskets and I'm forgetting few items. I

t pulls and drives so smooth and caries its weight very graciously. The interior is extremely well kept and Alcantra headliner and rest of interior is top notch. 340 HP at 5700 rpm and 350 lb/ft at 3700 rpm. The best part is that I paid $11.3K for it.

Last edited by BMW540san; 07-23-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    2010 BMW M6 SMG Coupe * Black Saphire Metallic * Full Leather Merino Black
    2019 BMW X3 M40i * Alpine White * Mocha Leather
    Former:
    1997 BMW 532M (528i with 3.2 S52 engine from E36 M3 / 5 speed manual)
    1998 BMW 540i 6 Speed
    2003 BMW M5

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Look very clean, how about some engine shots with the top cover removed........want to see what tools I need to bring with me to swap cams, LOL, J/K.

So is your wife's 528 going up for sale?

My Cars
    01 540i6, 03 X5 4.4i
    Jealous! I wanted one of those when we got my wife's Acura MDX, but tire prices turned me off. And gas mileage.
    2001 BMW 540i6 Anthracite/Sand

1997 BMW 328i - Sold

My Cars
    Blown 528i, KE30, Pathy
    Do they come stock with that tach a la M5? Me likes!

That thing is mint, btw. I'm specially impressed by the driver's seat leather condition.
    Resident Third World Country Advisor

My Cars
    '03 530i 5 sp
    Nice find. Sounds like you got a great deal.
    2003 530i -- DD; 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera coupe -- fun car; 1990 325i convertible -- sold; 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 -- sold; 1989 325i sedan -- sold; 1983 633CSi -- sold; 1982 323i -- sold

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Awesome!! Love the X5 with the M sport package. Well done!!

My Cars
    z3
    I don't think that is an Alcantara headliner is it? Regardless, very nice car. Just an X5M without the badge, great little SUV's. I'm partial to the cloth interior though

Quote Originally Posted by crdiscoverer View Post
    The 4.6is and 4.8is both got tachs like that Similar to the M5 cluster without the M badge and with italicized text. Also has the RPM warning lights and oil temp gauge

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 540i Msport
    Great find - I looked at a few of them when I was looking for my 540 Msport. I couldn't find one that wasn't high mileage and ended up with the e39 instead. I always loved these since they came out. Congrats!

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Nice find Z. Total cream puff!!! The paint and interior are mint. Working on it will be easy after the E39's. Great choice. Gas will cost, but anything with space gets pretty lousy mileage, unless you go diesel. Good luck with it.

You selling the other truck or the wifes E39?

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i

See ya on the e53 forums...don't forget to check out http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/ ...it's one of the better e53 X5 forums with lots of FAQS, How To's, & Articles (see the links along the top of the page for historical info etc which may help with any questions.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Look very clean, how about some engine shots with the top cover removed........want to see what tools I need to bring with me to swap cams, LOL, J/K.

So is your wife's 528 going up for sale?
    I don't want you anywhere close, you cam thief. Car is back to my friends hose as he's finishing waxing process and final touches. That's part of the deal and he as bad or worse than you about keeping cars clean. We just might sell the truck as none of us want's part with his / her bimmer. I'll do some shots over the weekend for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nikatkimber View Post
    Jealous! I wanted one of those when we got my wife's Acura MDX, but tire prices turned me off. And gas mileage.
    Can't blame you. In my case, brand new tires and the fact that it'll be sort of weekend car, helped seal the deal.

My Cars
    540i/6
    stole it! beautiful, congrats
    Nick
    2003 540i/6
    Intro/clean-up thread

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by crdiscoverer View Post

That thing is mint, btw. I'm specially impressed by the driver's seat leather condition.
    Yup, I didn't know that till I've seen it the other day for the first time. Pictures don't do justice to that car interior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    Awesome!! Love the X5 with the M sport package. Well done!!
    Thanks. Considering the weight and big tires and wheels, it's a s close to M5 in truck as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I don't think that is an Alcantara headliner is it? Regardless, very nice car. Just an X5M without the badge, great little SUV's. I'm partial to the cloth interior though

The 4.6is and 4.8is both got tachs like that Similar to the M5 cluster without the M badge and with italicized text. Also has the RPM warning lights and oil temp gauge
    It is Alcantara and I was surprised myself. As you probably know, there is very little that's not standard on 4.6 compared to 4.4. I'd love the cloth seats for practical purposes but the look and feel of leather in intoxicating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by che13 View Post
    Great find - I looked at a few of them when I was looking for my 540 Msport. I couldn't find one that wasn't high mileage and ended up with the e39 instead. I always loved these since they came out. Congrats!
    Thanks. I wasn't in market at all. But my Friend gave a first shot and I couldn't refuse. He could've sold that car for $12.5K easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by philly98540 View Post
    Nice find Z. Total cream puff!!! The paint and interior are mint. Working on it will be easy after the E39's. Great choice. Gas will cost, but anything with space gets pretty lousy mileage, unless you go diesel. Good luck with it.

You selling the other truck or the wifes E39?
    Probably the truck as the emotional connection to 528 is too strong. Believe me when I say it, this car spent life in garage at home and in Hospital garage and it shows. Compared to 4.4 or even 3.0 mpg is not that much higher. 3.0 struggles with weight and therefore is not much more efficient and 4.4 is almost dead even.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I'm already collecting as much as info possible and yours definitely helps. I'm well aware that this won't be Toyota reliability and parts prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post

See ya on the e53 forums...don't forget to check out http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e53-forum/ ...it's one of the better e53 X5 forums with lots of FAQS, How To's, & Articles (see the links along the top of the page for historical info etc which may help with any questions.

My Cars
    z3
    Just curious because I've never seen an Alcantara headliner in the X5, can you take some pics? I've got a friend shopping X3/X5's right now and I did not even know this was an option but as he is coming from an E39 M5 maybe he will like that feature and I can sway him to get a 4.6

And IMO the leather is much better for practicality. The cloth is leather over a backing fabric and even water can permanently stain it, lol

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Just curious because I've never seen an Alcantara headliner in the X5, can you take some pics? I've got a friend shopping X3/X5's right now and I did not even know this was an option but as he is coming from an E39 M5 maybe he will like that feature and I can sway him to get a 4.6

And IMO the leather is much better for practicality. The cloth is leather over a backing fabric and even water can permanently stain it, lol
    No problem. Car is back to my friend's house for final preparation. I'm getting on Friday and will post more pictures. Todays pictures were in a hurry.
    The headliner was dark and I took the glance in a hurry but you might be right as the link says Anthracite headliner. I'll know for sure on Friday.
    I don't if this link will work but that's the car:
    http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Data for vehicle identification number: 5UXFB935X3LN79600
    Model description: X5 4.6IS
    Market: USA
    Type: FB93
    E-Code: E53
    Chassis: Sports Activity Vehicle
    Steering: links
    Doors: 5
    Engine: M62/TU - 4,60l (255kW)
    Drive: Allrad
    Transmission: automatisch
    Body Color: Black Sapphire Metallic (475)
    Upholstery: Teilleder W.n./schwarz (N5SW)
    Production date: 27.09.2002
    Assembled in: Spartanburg

Code Serienausstattung Standard Equipment
    S216A Servolenkung-Servotronic HYDRO STEERING-SERVOTRONIC
    S220A Niveauregulierung Self-levelling suspension
    S226A Sportliche Fahrwerksabstimmung Sports suspension settings
    S249A Multifunktion für Lenkrad Multifunction f steering wheel
    S255A Sport-Lederlenkrad Airbag Sports leather steering wheel
    S302A Alarmanlage Alarm system
    S321A Exterieurumfänge in Wagenfarbe Exterior parts in vehicle color
    S354A Frontscheibe grün Grünkeil Green windscreen, green shade band
    S459A Sitzverstellung elektrisch mit Memory Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
    S473A Armlehne vorne Armrest front
    S481A Sportsitz Sports seat
    S488A Lordosenstütze Fahrer u. Beifahrer Lumbar support, driver and passenger
    S494A Sitzheizung Fahrer/Beifahrer Seat heating driver/passenger
    S502A Scheinwerferreinigungsanlage Headlight cleaning system
    S522A Xenon-Licht Xenon Light
    S533A Fond-Klimatisierung Air conditioning, rear
    S534A Klimaautomatik Automatic air conditioning
    S555A Bordcomputer V mit Fernbedienung On-board computer V with remote control
    S640A Vorbereitung Telefoneinbau universal Preparation f tel.installation universal
    S645A BMW US Radio BMW US Radio
    S661A Radio BMW Business (C43) Radio BMW Business (C43)
    S775A Dachhimmel anthrazit Headlining anthracite
    S785A Blinkleuchten weiss White direction indicator lights
    S840A Hochgeschwindigkeitsabstimmung High speed synchronisation
    S845A Akustische Gurtwarnung Acoustic belt warning
    S853A Sprachversion englisch Language version English
    S876A Funkfrequenz 315 MHz Radio frequency 315 MHz
    S992A Steuerung Kennzeichenbefestigung Control of number-plate attachment

Code Sonderausstattung Optional Equipment
    S205A Automatikgetriebe Automatic transmission
    S386A Dachreling Roof railing
    S403A Glasdach elektrisch Glass roof, electrical
    S417A Sonnenschutzrollo Tür hinten Roller sun vizor, rear door
    S430A Innen-/Aussensp. mit Abblendautomatik Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
    S438A Edelholzausführung Fine wood trim
    S441A Raucherpaket Smoker package
    S461A Sitzlehnenverstellung elektrisch hinten Electric seat backrest adjustment, rear
    S464A Skisack Ski bag
    S496A Sitzheizung hinten Seat heating, rear
    S508A Park Distance Control (PDC) Park Distance Control (PDC)
    S521A Regensensor Rain sensor
    S650A CD-Laufwerk CD player
    S672A CD-Wechsler 6-fach CD changer for 6 CDs
    S677A HiFi System Professional DSP HiFi System Professional DSP
    S761A Individual Sonnenschutzverglasung Individual sunshade glazing
    Last edited by BMW540san; 07-23-2014 at 07:41 PM.

My Cars
    E38 M62B44
    I like your X !

My Cars
    (Prd. 5/96) 528i.
    Congrats on your purchase.

My Cars
    01 540i6, 03 X5 4.4i
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW540san View Post
    Can't blame you. In my case, brand new tires and the fact that it'll be sort of weekend car, helped seal the deal.
    Yeah, my wife's is a driver. I considered finding a X5 3.0 5spd, because she has decided she loves driving a manual (woohoo!), but availability in OK and surrounding states was low, and we needed something quickly. Someday I'll get an X5; hopefully as nice as yours!
    2001 BMW 540i6 Anthracite/Sand

1997 BMW 328i - Sold

My Cars
    1998 528i 5-spd 102K
    Nice find.

I just bought a 2006 X5 3.0i with 6sp MT, I like it on the highway.
    The 2004-2006 X5 used a better version of the transfer case.

For your year, pay attention to the Transfer Case chain issues.

Anyway, Xoutpost E53 forum seems like a good place, not too many DIYs but there are some.
    I posted some DIYs over there.

- - - Updated - - -

@BMW540san,

I was not looking for "new" car but wife Honda Odyssey van crashed/totaled. I was at a Honda dealer looking for another Honda and stumbled across an immaculate-condition 2006 X5 with 3.0i 6sp MT, a rare breed, the rest is history.
    Now I have another machine to fix lol.

The analogy is: this is like I don't need a pet but got a new dog because the dog looks nice. Now I have to vaccinate the dog, walk the dog, feed the dog lol...

My Cars
    2003 530i
    I came to my 530i from a Lemans Blue '06 4.8is, and that thing was a blast. Best of luck with it and enjoy the new ride. The guys over at Xoutpost are very helpful and informative, definitely one of the more mature forums I have been a member of.

My Cars
    destiny
    Nice this thing is the M5 of X5's
    Current
    2008 E70 4.8 BSM/Black - 100% Options2007 335i SG/Coral Red - 6MT - Ets, Spec, BMS, VRSF, Broadway Static
    2004 325i AW/Black

Past
    2000 M5 Silverstone/Silverstone - ST Coilovers
    1998 E36 M3 - Tiag, Bride Gias, RK Tunes, M50, AA Track Pipe..

My Cars
    //M5s, 4.8iS , Z32TT
    Congrats and welcome to SAV ownership. As mention, it's like the //M version of the E53 without the official //M badge.
    Did someone mention Xoutpost yet? J/K
    Last edited by tmvE39E53Z32TT; 07-24-2014 at 12:24 PM.

2000 Dinan S1 //M5 (my DD) --------------- 06 DINAN E53 4.8iS (wife's) -------------- 90 Straman Z32TT (my pride & joy)

Gone, but not forgotten: 01 E39 M5, 01 E53 3.0i, 01 525i Sport, 03 DINAN 540i MSport and 91 Z32 TwinTurbo

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    Quote Originally Posted by sparklee39 View Post
    I like your X !
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmvE39E53Z32TT View Post
    Congrats and welcome to SAV ownership. As mention, it's like the //M version of the E53 without the official //M badge.
    Did someone mention Xoutpost yet? J/K
    Thanks. I'll definitely check it out. I like your car collection and use to have Aztec Red 91 300ZXTT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriniSpeC View Post
    Nice this thing is the M5 of X5's
    Yup, I was impressed with cornering stability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cnn View Post
    Nice find.

I just bought a 2006 X5 3.0i with 6sp MT, I like it on the highway.
    The 2004-2006 X5 used a better version of the transfer case.

For your year, pay attention to the Transfer Case chain issues.

Anyway, Xoutpost E53 forum seems like a good place, not too many DIYs but there are some.
    I posted some DIYs over there.

- - - Updated - - -

@BMW540san,

I was not looking for "new" car but wife Honda Odyssey van crashed/totaled. I was at a Honda dealer looking for another Honda and stumbled across an immaculate-condition 2006 X5 with 3.0i 6sp MT, a rare breed, the rest is history.
    Now I have another machine to fix lol.

The analogy is: this is like I don't need a pet but got a new dog because the dog looks nice. Now I have to vaccinate the dog, walk the dog, feed the dog lol...
    Thanks for the warning and great analogy. I'm well aware that this beast will hit my valet hard occasionally, but the grin is to big when I'm driving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RLNTLS1 View Post
    I came to my 530i from a Lemans Blue '06 4.8is, and that thing was a blast. Best of luck with it and enjoy the new ride. The guys over at Xoutpost are very helpful and informative, definitely one of the more mature forums I have been a member of.
    Thanks. In some ways, I'd love if I'd find one in blue but the this one is so well kept that I just couldn't resist. I'll definitely get as much as info possible.

My Cars
    02 bmw 540
    Congrats on the X5 purchase. I've been lurking for an X5 for the right price.

My Cars
    01 540iT
    Definitely a nice find!
    Also just picked up an e53 (05 4.4) last weekend but wish it was a 4.6/4.8is. Then again, maybe not, after seeing the cost of those 315 tires!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast