Thread: Massive exhaust note difference with different exhaust tips

My Cars
    2009 E82 125i M Sport

Massive exhaust note difference with different exhaust tips

I got a catback exhaust on my E46 some years ago and the sound was nice but the drone absolutely destroyed the overall cabin quality and made it impossible to relax and have a quiet drive.

I decided to get my exhaust tips replaced on my 125i for aesthetic reasons alone (hated the black tips) and the sound difference is insane. The sound inside the cabin is exactly the same as the stock exhaust. Overall very happy with a $100 exhaust tip swap

Video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/avgxbu9b1fspt28/IMG_1344.MOV
    Last edited by Bacender; 07-18-2014 at 04:43 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    Your car had black tips from the factory? Interested in selling them by any chance?

I love how you guys got the 135i body with the smaller engine. Looks nice. I wish I could hear the exhaust right now but no sound on this computer. I can't imagine an N52 sounding bac though

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2009 E82 125i M Sport
    Sorry the tips are gone mate

And yeah i searched for a 1 series for a long while before i found this one with the full m sport package bolted onto it from factory. 135i body styling, interior is covered in ///M badges as well.

Last edited by Bacender; 07-19-2014 at 12:20 AM.

My Cars
    BMW E87
    look nice

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Your car had black tips from the factory? Interested in selling them by any chance? I love how you guys got the 135i body with the smaller engine. Looks nice. I wish I could hear the exhaust right now but no sound on this computer. I can't imagine an N52 sounding bac though
    I have stock black tips. I have a complete stock exhaust system I am getting rid of.