Thread: Does anyone know how to open this clip?

My Cars
    2004 bmw 525i

Does anyone know how to open this clip?

i'm trying to remove the exhaust camshaft position sensor on my 2004 bmw 525i e60 with the m54 engine but I can't even seem to get this clip out there is a picture of what i'm talking about in the link http://www.bokchoys.com/differential..._sensor_06.jpg I was wondering is it stuck or broken and I don't see a metal push down button like the other clips so I was wondering does this clip have a metal push down button that happened to break on mines or is it just the two side things you push on too open it because I have tried to the two side button thingys very hard and pulled it but it doesn't come off any help would be appreciated thanks the picture shows which clip I'm talking about and it is the first step in opening the EXHAUST cps thank you for any input i'm sure tons of people have opened this clip I just don't want to break the clip so I want to know what is the proper way of opening it

My Cars
    93 740i, 84 533i
    It looks like it has a metal retainer like many of the engine electrical connectors. Is that part of it hanging down from it on the left of the clip? It needs to be completely off for the connector to remove easily.
    Black on Black 740i - 10/92 build date, 225,000 miles.
    Delphin on Cherry 533i - 4/84 build date, 136,000 miles
    Black on Black 328i - 3/96 build date, 185,000 miles - Sold
    2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS

My Cars
    z3
    Squeeze and pull

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '05 120i Hatch Lotus '01
    Squeeze the two lugs on the outer end so they are not engaged to the lip on the inner part then pull straight out.