Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spa T4 manifold...Turbo fitment????

My Cars
    6465 328ti
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Great info. That ends that debate. They need to shrink down their damn housings if they want to sell more units. Fitment is key, especially under the bonnet of today's cars with all the extra electronics and smog crap going on in there. It's just getting tighter and tighter...not the other way around.
    Yup! I saw on full race there was one of their newer turbos that had a "normal" sized T04S compressor housing. They should continue the trend to all their models!

My Cars
    E36
    [QUOTE=RandomHero27;27785431]was that the mani that was on ebay from "powder coat" something or other? i had been eyeballing it for a few weeks.

Yea it was. Unfortunately it still has not been shipped and the ebay seller won't answer my messages :/....I'm getting impatient.

My Cars
    330ci E46/E36 hybrid
    Great info. That ends that debate.

They need to shrink down their damn housings if they want to sell more units. Fitment is key, especially under the bonnet of today's cars with all the extra electronics and smog crap going on in there. It's just getting tighter and tighter...not the other way around.

Yeah it sucks I had to find out the hard way lol.

I completely agree. BW really does need to downsize their housings. They are cheap and make great power, but the packaging needs work. An equivalent power making Precision is much smaller and lighter. Those turbos are better suited for bigger engine bays I guess. BMW need not apply haha.

My Cars
    328is GT35R
    Damn you guys got me worried with all this cutring gasket and copper spacer talk.. have a set sitting in my room waiting to go on my m52.. when i do the head job ( hopefully within the next two weeks) ill take some pics too. In my messages to ces i was clear it was going on an m52 and they made it sound like the gasket and spacer combo was one specifically for the m52

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by daze450 View Post
    Damn you guys got me worried with all this cutring gasket and copper spacer talk.. have a set sitting in my room waiting to go on my m52.. when i do the head job ( hopefully within the next two weeks) ill take some pics too. In my messages to ces i was clear it was going on an m52 and they made it sound like the gasket and spacer combo was one specifically for the m52
    Measure the bore of the cutring and spacer and let me know what you get. I spoke to John at ces and they have a shipment for m52 spacers coming at the end of the month...said he'd hold one for me. I finally got the t4 manifold as well. Good quality but I'm a perfectionist so I took a dremel to it to smoothen the rough edges on the inside...I'll post pics soon.

My Cars
    328is GT35R
    Bore on the ring is 84.3 and the spacer is 86

My Cars
    325i
    ^^^

Please get the measurement on the OD and ID of the cut ring please.
    Fast lookin' but slow movin'
    237 rwhp N/A power

My Cars
    328is GT35R
    Id 84.5 od 91

My Cars
    325i
    ^^^
    Thank you!
    Fast lookin' but slow movin'
    237 rwhp N/A power

My Cars
    E36
    Bore on the ring is 84.3 and the spacer is 86
    M52 bore is 84mm. Cutring is fine but the spacer is more for the s52. I'll let u know what they send me

My Cars
    1998 M3
    sooo..who's going to try a borg warner with the Spa bottom mount?

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1980corvette View Post
    sooo..who's going to try a borg warner with the Spa bottom mount?
    i was thinking of doing a spa with a bw airwerks s256, the consensus is that the s300 series is a tight fit and requires a bit of messaging, the s200 should be fine. but it might be awhile, turbo thoughts turned into thoughts of building a workshop in my backyard instead.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post

i was thinking of doing a spa with a bw airwerks s256, the consensus is that the s300 series is a tight fit and requires a bit of messaging, the s200 should be fine. but it might be awhile, turbo thoughts turned into thoughts of building a workshop in my backyard instead.
    F the workshop. SPA + S200 BW.
    Get it done, dyno and post. There are guys out there that need a reliable budget system.

If my garrett quit on me, id be looking at either one of these or a JB 626X.
    Last edited by Butters Stoch; 07-27-2014 at 07:08 PM.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdero View Post
    Yeah it sucks I had to find out the hard way lol.

I completely agree. BW really does need to downsize their housings. They are cheap and make great power, but the packaging needs work. An equivalent power making Precision is much smaller and lighter. Those turbos are better suited for bigger engine bays I guess. BMW need not apply haha.
    You guys just have tiny spaces on the exhaust side - not BWs fault. The EFR is an "all-in-one" package with an IWG, which leads to a long housing. They are barely longer than a competing Garrett or Precision Chinese knock-off if you go with an EWG housing, and that all comes from a more robust bearing package.

I doubt the Precisions are that much lighter with their thicker housings(BW SS housings are thinner due to their higher high temp strength), and considering that many of BW's EFR turbos now come with aluminum CHRAs, which save over 2 lbs.

The EFR series definitely has some downsides, but the compromises were made for good reasons. I've always liked their technical solutions, I just ragged on them when you had to be on a wait list for 1.5 years to get a turbo. Now that they are shipping very readily, and they've improved the line quite a few times (Garrett moves like a sloth for technical advancement) - what's not to like?

If you want a tighter packaged BW, get an Airwerks turbo - they're dirt cheap for what they are, and not made in China IIRC.

My Cars
    E36
    I just received my spa t4 manifold. Very good quality but I took a dremel on the inside edges to smooth it out a bit. I'll be using n54 studs and copper nuts to mount it to the block. Below are some pictures

I also just purchased the cutring gasket, spacer, and studs. I'll take a set of calipers to it and see if its 84-85mm once they come in.

Does anyone know the thread pattern for the 4 holes where the turbo goes? It looks like M10X1.50x25mm but just wanted to make sure. I'm going to go with the stage 8 turbo bolts part #3904.
    Last edited by bmw328m52; 07-30-2014 at 07:20 PM.

My Cars
    328is GT35R
    I spoke to CES and the copper spacers for the M52 are in apparently, gonna send mine back to get one.

My Cars
    E36
    I spoke to CES and the copper spacers for the M52 are in apparently, gonna send mine back to get one.
    I already discussed this...ordered mine and it will be in later today...I'll post pics

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    s200's are all T3 huh..

my spa is T4 and although a 6266 is an easy and proven option...i want to pull the trigger on a s362 and see what i can do with fitment but don't want to be stuck with it after if it doesn't work out

maybe i can find someone who'd be interested or i can always try to sell it on the evo or supra forums

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    s200's are all T3 huh..

my spa is T4 and although a 6266 is an easy and proven option...i want to pull the trigger on a s362 and see what i can do with fitment but don't want to be stuck with it after if it doesn't work out

maybe i can find someone who'd be interested or i can always try to sell it on the evo or supra forums
    DO IT...DO IT.

You can always sell it afterward.

Post many pics with many angles showing fitment.

In the name of the highest frequency called LOVE for all of BFCFI.

Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    1998 M3
    DO IT...DO IT.

You can always sell it afterward.

Post many pics with many angles showing fitment.

In the name of the highest frequency called LOVE for all of BFCFI.

lol thanks for the encouragement

but it won't be for a while, i have the moneys almost ready, but am going to try to time it right so i can only pay half a year of insurance, and finish the entire car within the second half of the year..

My Cars
    98 328is
    s200's are all T3 huh..

the s2/300 series on smeding diesel say they are T4

http://www.smedingdiesel.com/category-s/200.htm

My Cars
    330ci E46/E36 hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    I just received my spa t4 manifold. Very good quality but I took a dremel on the inside edges to smooth it out a bit. I'll be using n54 studs and copper nuts to mount it to the block. Below are some pictures

I also just purchased the cutring gasket, spacer, and studs. I'll take a set of calipers to it and see if its 84-85mm once they come in.

Does anyone know the thread pattern for the 4 holes where the turbo goes? It looks like M10X1.50x25mm but just wanted to make sure. I'm going to go with the stage 8 turbo bolts part #3904.
    thats high for those studs. I got them for 176 shipped off amazon. Don't forget to port and shape the wastegate hole.

My Cars
    93 e36 sedan
    s200's are all T3 huh..

I wish you would because thats the same turbo I want on my spa. I've read its physically smaller than the s366 by a large margin... I'd go with the 90* elbow too.

My Cars
    none
    The s364's(billet) the S366's(billet) along with the s368(cast) are all the same sizes, at least what I have at my shop currently.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    found this image of the 6262 v the s366

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast