Thread: Looking for an fuel pump. (1987 325is)

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325IS

Looking for an fuel pump. (1987 325is)

My current fuel pump is making an awful noise it definitely needs replacing. Anyone know of good fuel pumps. its the underside pump not the in-tank one. A higher end high pressure fuel pump maybe? Im not sure whats available for the e30.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    The most common "swap" is a 255lph Walbro pump, but the stock unit works just fine. You can buy it from a bunch of places, but here are some examples:

www.blunttech.com
    www.gutenparts.com
    www.autohausaz.com
    www.bavauto.com

And probably some of the sponsor vendors on this very forum sell it...just do some shopping around, good deals are usually pretty easy to find.

P.S. The part# for the pump is 16141179232. You may want to replace the filter at the same time, PN 13321270038.
    Last edited by ELVA164; 07-07-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325IS
    Thanks but i was not looking for the in tank fuel pump. I was hoping for some specific fuel pumps not just links to a websites home page.

My Cars
    1987 325iS...edan
    ?

I posted the part number for the external high-pressure pump, not the in-tank pump. Plug that part number into the search bar at any of those websites and presto, fuel pump. If you're still skeptical, the in-tank pump part number is 16141179415.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one?
    Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325IS
    I meant the walbro pump was the in-tank pump. I was able to find the $200 OE one already, i was curious if there were others that were better, or just as good but cheaper if possible. I'm trying to see whats out there for options or if anyone else had found something that works well.

My Cars
    87 325is
    The OE pump lasted 27 years, assuming your fuel tank isn't rusty a new OE pump should last as long (or nearly as long). The cost of the OE pump would be money well spent.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL