Thread: Please help

My Cars
    not 16 yet

Please help

I am about to turn 16 and am searching for the perfect first car. My only rule is it must be a
    bmw and must be in my spending budget (26,000).

My Cars
    z3
    How did you earn $26,000 before age 16?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    not 16 yet
    not to sound like an ass but loving parents with relatively deep pockets.

My Cars
    z3
    Put the money in the bank and work hard to get a car you earned. You'll appreciate it more and because you earned it yourself you will take better care of it.

I knew some kids from rich families who had really nice cars at your age (actually they all got them AFTER they graduated HS but thats a different story), of the small percentage that didn't wrap them around a tree; they either became pricks (most of them) or ended up selling their cars to save the money and bought a beater to enjoy and fit in with their peers. For reference: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...335is-or-08-M3

I would put $22,000 in the bank for when you have a business idea or want to invest or something, then buy a $4,000 E36 to enjoy in the meantime. You'll thank yourself for it later, or you can buy a new BMW and watch it depreciate to $10,000 in a few years. I'm sure you really don't care because its not your money, but if you told your parents you wanted to put it in the bank for the future I don't see them saying no. That is unless they are the kind of parents who will just give you whatever you want whenever you want it (which if they are buying you a car before you even graduate HS may be a very real possibility). If thats the case buy a 135i or a 650i

Trust me it sounds like a good idea, but you don't want to be the spoiled rich kid at your school. All the kids like that at my high school (which had middle-lower income families and upper-upper income families at the same school) got their cars keyed, tires slashed, etc... of course your 15 so your going to ignore all this. Just get the 135i.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    not 16 yet
    At my school 25k is about as cheap as the cars get. So I'm not worried about being the spoiled kid. And I'm making a hour and a half drive everyday to school so i really dont want a beater. And iv looked into 135i's but they aren't exactly good for snow/ice. What about a 335 xdrive?

My Cars
    '05 330 ZHP slosh box
    These threads are really starting to get old.

2005 E46 330 ZHP Imola Red
    2004 E46 325 M56 Steel Metallic Blue - Sold

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsch View Post
    These threads are really starting to get old.
    At least I tried to make him make a responsible decision, but everyone else is doing it!!!!!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1991 325i
    If your budget is 26k get something for 20 and keep the 6 for maintenance cause nothing sucks like having your car break down and needing more money than you have to fix it.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph320i View Post
    If your budget is 26k get something for 20 and keep the 6 for maintenance cause nothing sucks like having your car break down and needing more money than you have to fix it.
    I think you misread his post... you think he will be paying maintenance? lol

Better advice for him would be to take the $26k, get another $26k from his parents, buy a brand new BMW and get a warranty.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I think you misread his post... you think he will be paying maintenance? lol

Better advice for him would be to take the $26k, get another $26k from his parents, buy a brand new BMW and get a warranty.
    Or just ask the parents to lease the car (228i?), since they may not lease it for a 16 y.o. It'll be under warranty, free maintenance, it'll be new, safe, and everything, so it's a less burden on your parents too.

Put a few grand for a lease downpayment, put the rest in a bank so you pay your lease from it each month.
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    e84, e36, e21
    e60 m5 :

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsterBek View Post
    Or just ask the parents to lease the car (228i?), since they may not lease it for a 16 y.o. It'll be under warranty, free maintenance, it'll be new, safe, and everything, so it's a less burden on your parents too.

Put a few grand for a lease downpayment, put the rest in a bank so you pay your lease from it each month.

Yeah, but what happens when he wraps it around a utility pole???

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech1 View Post
    Yeah, but what happens when he wraps it around a utility pole???
    Then his parents buy him a new one with more power I dont understand the problem?

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Alright guys lets ease up a bit on the new guy, he may have a bit of money dropped on him but so far as Ive seen he hasnt gotten in anyones face. OP I see you were thinking about a 335xi, pretty good car but also quite a bit of power for a young kid. Id suggest going with a 328xi as they are a tad less problematic and would be a better step into the driving world. If you do plan on getting something with 300hp I would invest in a legit driving school asap because even slow cars can get you into trouble fast if you dont know what you are doing. (ask me how I know)
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    Bmw
    I would Ask your parents for another $50,000 to buy a 2014 M3. It's a perfect beginner car with great crash ratings. Safety first.
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    Two 1989 BMW's e30 325iS
    Haha I wish I had that money to invest into my e30 ah dreams...anyways good luck finding a good car that suits you. I wouldn't be able to suggest anything since I only drive old e30 bmw