Thread: New member here!!

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport

New member here!!

Hello everyone,

Seems I'm of a few new guys here. My name is Frank and I am the new, proud owner of a 2002 BMW 530i Sport. Originally I had my eyes set on a 540i but couldn't find one the way I wanted and this one just so happened to fall into my lap (kinda). Anywho...

A little about myself... I'm currently living in the central Texas area after having moved from the Houston area. I'm an automotive technician by trade. I've been ASE Master Certified for years and have been into these mechanical nightmares we love since childhood. I've been working on European vehicles on and off for about 5 years and now, as of late, I've been working on Euros exclusively. I'm a Mitsubishi enthusiast at heart but also always had space for the BMW love as well In the past, as far as European vehicles are concerned, I had a 2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport and a 2007 BMW 335i coupe; couldn't stand either one for various reasons.
    Currently, I have a 89 Suburban 4x4 for my work truck / off road toy and a 91 Eagle Talon as my track toy. Recently sold my 06 G35. Pics to come soon of the new 530. She was in shambles when I took possession and boy, I sure turned her around for the better. The second day of ownership, I pulled the engine and trans to replace every major seal / gasket and hard to reach components. So far I've spent about $800 in maintenance items, $500 in cosmetics / non-essential parts and plan to spend much more. There are a few questions I have for you guys but I'll try to do as much research as possible before asking. The interior trim is two tone (black and tan) and upper fabric is peeling which is a no go in my book. Well, enough for now. I have a S63 AMG engine to teardown.. Peace!

- Frank

My Cars
    08 535i Sport Pkg
    Welcome to the forums Frank! I'm a fellow Texan as well
    2008 535i Sport Pkg
    2007 335i
    2007 Mazda RX-8

OEM BMW Parts

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Awesome! Where from?

My Cars
    e36, e46, e90
    Hello and welcome. I USED to live in Texas (Killeen).

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    I actually live in Nolanville. So not too far apart.