Thread: Need serious help! Burbank - CA

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe

Need serious help! Burbank - CA

Hi everyone,

I became a member here for a specific reason. My girlfriend was in a hit and run accident yesterday, which near totaled her car. The gentleman who hit her had a BMW, brand new, no plates. He took off, and is getting away any and all responsibility for this.

I don't know if there are any car service technicians or mechanics that read this forum, but I would honestly be in your debt if you could help us out. If a gentleman comes in with a brand new BMW (Black / Dark Blue) with damage to the front driver side, please reach out to me. The car had paper plates, fresh from the dealer.

This is likely a wild shot in the dark, but we're trying anything we can to bring this irresponsible person to justice. Because she has only liability insurance, we incur the total cost of this person's recklessness on our own. I appreciate your time to at least read and be aware of it in advance.

best to all.

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Contact the BMW dealers in your area to see which dealers have sold a similar car.

My Cars
    z3
    temp tags still have numbers on them, did you get that info?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

downeaster1 is offline Expert De-Vanos-er BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    135is #502 of 586
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    temp tags still have numbers on them, did you get that info?
    California is retarded in a way as where new cars don't require any sort of identification as long as a registration is displayed on the front windshield.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Visit local body shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Bios303 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I became a member here for a specific reason. My girlfriend was in a hit and run accident yesterday, which near totaled her car. The gentleman who hit her had a BMW, brand new, no plates. He took off, and is getting away any and all responsibility for this.

I don't know if there are any car service technicians or mechanics that read this forum, but I would honestly be in your debt if you could help us out. If a gentleman comes in with a brand new BMW (Black / Dark Blue) with damage to the front driver side, please reach out to me. The car had paper plates, fresh from the dealer.

This is likely a wild shot in the dark, but we're trying anything we can to bring this irresponsible person to justice. Because she has only liability insurance, we incur the total cost of this person's recklessness on our own. I appreciate your time to at least read and be aware of it in advance.

best to all.
    No, he was no gentleman. Maybe douchbag, but not gentleman.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by downeaster1 View Post
    California is retarded in a way as where new cars don't require any sort of identification as long as a registration is displayed on the front windshield.
    He said it had paper plates, why doesnt he remember what the dealer was and go to the dealer? Or do something?

Hes not gonna get any answers here, thats for sure...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    was this reported to the police? I doubt dealers will release any info about new car sales for you.
    Did you guys narrow it down to at least what car it was (3,4,5,6,7 etc series?)

Also, I doubt the dbag in the other car was there long enough for OPs gf to write down any numbers from a paper plates, otherwise he wouldn't be posting here