Thread: BMW Service & Maintenance Records

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335d Coupe

BMW Service & Maintenance Records

Has anyone had problems with BMW Garages where they ask you for the paper copies, including your Logbook, of what should be on their service records and computer systems?

My local BMW Garage claims they have no service records of my car ..though I provided the paper copies/invoices to them over a year ago and for a second time 2 months ago.

BMW HQ claims they have no service or maintenance record of my car. Despite me providing my local BMW garage with them. Printed copies afterall from their BMW service computers. Which BMW HQ have full access to.

My cars chip/ECU also has a record of warning signals such as 'Service Needed' or oil warning lights and how promptly I attended to them.

Another BMW garage claimed this week my car was 'poorly maintained'. Rich coming from the garage that missed fixing my engines warnings not once but twice and wrecked my engine completely.

And despite spending over 4,000euros with them over 2 summers on 2x Full Services, 1x Full Oil Service, new battery, new front bumper, new rear light cluster etc. I've asked them to produce some evidence, even a shred of evidence would do, to back-up their baseless accusation and all the money Ive spent in their ungrateful stupid over-priced dealership... 360euro just for a new BMW battery?!!

As I regularly drive long hard miles all 3 of my new BMW's have been fully serviced and maintained by BMW Dealers as I don't like any doubts in my cars engineering. But BMW Garages and BMW HQ cannot find their computer records, ignore my hard copies/invoices, ignore the ECU record and live in absolute denial of reality (facts) in front of their noses.

It appears BMW service computer records are worthless. BMW service staff are illiterate or incapable of accessing the records (ie. totally inept) right from Dealership level up to national HQ management. And even when you give them paper copies/invoices they ignore them, pretend they don't have them or your, the customers, account. They just continue in their delusional world where no records exist and trot out the same pat line, 'we have no records!'

That's my BMW Story ..it's been total misery for 16 months ...16 months my BMW has been off the road engine wrecked by inept BMW garages while BMW pretends they have no records despite all evidence proving their statements are absolute crap.

These garage people right up to BMW HQ warranty shouldn't be anywhere near the high quality cars BMW produce. They are wrecking BMW's high reputation.

Who else has suffered this total crapology paperchase from BMW?
    Last edited by Zenium3777; 06-26-2014 at 05:06 PM.