Thread: 1995 740 radio won't play.

My Cars
    1995 740i bmw

1995 740 radio won't play.

radio won't turn on. replaced and tested all fuses Phone and bc mode illuminate bar and function fine.. audio button gives nothing, radio on switch nothing. equalizer and cassette don't work or illuminate? this 740 has 110,000 miles and is used primarily for long dist trips. never in the winter. now I am concerned about timing chain guides, should they be checked or just replaced, and about what would it cost? thanks for any advice . PS do you need to enter a code to enable this radio. had the ignation switch replaced and radio trouble since.

My Cars
    BMW
    i have a 1995 7540 il with a similar problem. At one time the radio workd intermittently.... then OFF! I also have a 6 changer CD and a cassett, no sound from either. Everything works well. I have reason to believe that BMW had a wiring problem so I am trying to locate a wiring chart to trace from the rear connentors. I my research, Ihave not cme across anything that referenced a CODE. It also occured to me that BMW also offers control of the audio system through the steering wheel. This being the case, it might be worth checking it out.......that's my next direction.... I wish you well..

- - - Updated - - -

Should cbe 1995 740il

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Whenever the battery is disconnected, the security code needs to be punched in.