BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 2002 325Ci Convertible, AMAZING condition, 39k miles, OrientBlue/Black (40+pics!)

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i

***SOLD***FS: 2002 325Ci Convertible, AMAZING condition, 39k miles, OrientBlue/Black

***SOLD***

My father-in-law asked me to help him sell his 2002 325Ci Convertible for him and loving all things BMW I gladly obliged. The car is in amazing shape with very, VERY low miles for the year and simply does not get driven often. It was originally bought for his wife from their close family friends who originally bought the vehicle from Bellevue BMW in Seattle Washington but it spent most of its life at their second home in Phoenix Arizona before my father-in-law purchased it. After he bought it he took it straight to the Charlotte, NC area where it saw a handful of drives down to Charleston, SC where it is now with me. They rarely drove it and it never saw any snow, salt or any other mess. It definitely shows! It has been garaged its whole life as well on a trickle-charger when not being driven.

A few details are below:

- 2002 325Ci Convertible
    - 39,094 miles (yes that low)
    - Orient Blue Metallic
    - Black Leather
    - Premium Package
    - Myrtle Wood Trim
    - Auto transmission
    - Sport Package
    - Heated front seats
    - Bi-Xenon headlights
    - Harman-Kardon Sound system

Maintenance
    - Oil Changes every 3k miles
    - New plugs on 6/8/2014 at 39,094 miles.
    - New Battery on 4/29/2014 at 38,465 miles.
    - Alternator on 10/2013 at 37,124 miles.
    - BMW inspection 1 done at 20,000 miles.

Exterior:

The exterior shows markedly well for the year and the paint is an amazing color! Some to be expected scratches but nothing heavy; simply day-to-day wear. No fading, cracking, or any other issues with the paint at all. The top is black as it can get with no fading at all either (again a garaged vehicle). Same goes for the trim. The wheels have some brake dust on them between the spokes but I will be working to remove that, otherwise they show well. I’m normally NOT a chrome person, but these compliment the trim and color on this vehicle nicely without being over the top. Front and rear lenses have no clouding, yellowing and little if any pitting. The “clear” signals really look great as well! All sills are clean and tidy as they should be for a car of this mileage and care.

Interior:

The interior shows just as well as the exterior! The black leather with Myrtle wood trim is nice and subtle. No rips, stains, holes or fading of the leather is present, same goes for the switches and other interior trim. The only slight fault is a scratch in the “soft touch” material on the trim below the radio (common with E46’s). The carpets are incredibly clean and have always been protected by BMW floor mats. The BMW OEM windscreen is also included in the sale.

Mechanical:

All systems work great and the car drives like a low mileage BMW should! We recently replaced the plugs and oil (preventative if anything) and the car runs like a top. No issues with the motor, HVAC, electrical or top. The HK sound system sounds great and none of the speakers have any odd noises indicating any damage due to being played too loud (both the previous owners are 60+ and knowing their music of choice I doubt they would turn it up loud enough to clip!). He did mention an intermittent issue with the passenger door not unlocking with the key but I have not been able to replicate this yet.

Suspension and Steering:

The suspension and steering seem perfect for the miles of use. It rides well over all types of surfaces, tracks straight and the steering is the proper weight returning to center as it should. NO creaks, groans or other odd noises at all and having been under the car it is quite clean too.

Brakes:

The car brakes as it should in a linear and true manner and there are no issues with braking pedal travel or feedback. The pads don’t appear to dust too much as well which is a plus.

Records:

The previous owners were quite meticulous and kept records of all work done on the car. It hasn’t needed much at all and what it has needed has been replaced roughly within the past year. All records are available in addition to the original window sticker and manual. Two keys are included.

Overall:

Overall this is a solid car. I’ve been around BMW’s for years and have owned 6+ from E30’s to E90’s and driven about every model out there and must say this is one of the cleanest, most solid feeling ones I’ve had a short time with. This is a well cared for, gently driven car that will make the next owner VERY happy! Being in Charleston I’ve actually contemplated buying this to have a vert for the summers for my wife and I but have other obligations at the moment…

He is looking for $11.5k at the moment due to the condition and low miles but is reasonable. If interested please let me know! The vehicle is currently located in Charleston, SC. I do have the title in hand.

Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 06-17-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    Current Bimmer: '89 E30 DD, '89 E30 Project
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    2003.5 M3 Coupe,99M Coupe,99 M3 Vert
    Great car and perfect ad! I just bought this cars twin a year ago, sure wish yours was around then! Definitely worth the 11,5 your asking.

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo322 View Post
    Great car and perfect ad! I just bought this cars twin a year ago, sure wish yours was around then! Definitely worth the 11,5 your asking.
    Appreciate the kind words! It is a great car that will make the next owner very happy I'm sure!
    Former Bimmers: '09 E9 M3, '99 E39 540i, Dinan Stg. V | Dinan CAI, Dinan MAF, Dinan TB, Dinan S/W, Pre-VANOS "Dinan" intake manifold, Magnaflow exhaust, res. delete, M3 SSK| M5 3.15 LSD, Koni FSD w/Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach Sway bars, Powerflex bushings, Rogue tranny mounts, 18x9 ASA AR1's, 275 General Ex UHP's at each corner | M5 Brake system, Stoptech SS Lines, Axxis ULTs F&R, Stoptech Slotted rotors, ATE Super Blue...

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    I've had a couple people ask about any "issues" with the car so I took some more pics.

Honestly there is not a single dent on the car that I could find. I was quite anal when walking around the car and taking pictures so everything you see most either wouldn't notice or you'd have to be looking for it. NONE of the small scratches are through the paint or even clear coat and you can barely feel them by running over with your finger nail. There is a very small bit of spider-webbing but that is only in direct sunlight and again is very, VERY light. I've owned a number of black cars and this is nothing compared to those. No fading, flaking or other issues with any of the clearcoat anywhere.

There might be some other light rock chips or "sanding" but I couldn't pick them up on the camera. VERY faint and to be expected for a car of this year. I'd also feel confident in saying that 95% of what light scratches are there can be buffed out fairly easily; I simply don't have an orbital buffer at the moment.

Inside there are some scratches in the 'soft-touch' materials BMW used. All E46's (and many other german cars from Audi, Porsche, etc.) were afflicted with this peeling coating as well. This one isn't bad and the pics are from a few inches away so it is a bit more dramatic. From a seated position and angle. it doesn't stand out much.

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Putte...5Ci%20Cosmetic

Mechanically the only issue is the passenger door lock actuator. It doesn't want to unlock with the key or interior unlock button. It will lock just fine with both and will open manually from the inside but doesn't want to unlock with the key or button. I'm going to look to address that this week. If you're at all mechanically inclined it would be an easy fix if I don't get to it first. Other than that the car runs beautifully!
    Last edited by PutterMcGavin; 06-15-2014 at 03:08 PM.

My Cars
    09 E90 M3 89 325i
    ***sold***