Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocketbunny/duckbill type rear spoiler/wing

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop

Rocketbunny/duckbill type rear spoiler/wing

So with future plans for my e36 328i sedan that I have just purchased, I'm looking for wing options. Always liked the rocket bunny style wings that you see on Nissan 240sx's and such cars and I was wondering if anyone is running this type of wing on their car them selves or what kind of wings people are running?
    Cheers!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Personally, I don't think wings should be on a car unless they're there for performance reasons. Which, unless you're a getaway driver or tracking the car...

That being said, as long as it is just for cosmetic reasons, get what ever pleases you.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Please don't.

Oh, Canada.

My Cars
    Bmw
    Just do it
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by cheech1 View Post
    Oh, Canada.
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of ricey cars up there.

But I for one dont terribly mind the ducktail type spoiler he posted. Its CSL-esque. Actually, the CSL rep trunk is probably about what hes looking for or at least thats the closest thing this community has to that look. But they look awful on E36s so I refuse to help him fine one

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    There would be no rivets showing, it'd be molded in. Not looking for one as high as the rocketbunny one either, a smaller one. What other wings do people run? I know there's the m package e36 style one which I quite like.

Edit: my my @blackxs your certainly are a sassy one sir. There isn't as much "rice" as you think.
    Last edited by PaulE36; 05-29-2014 at 08:49 PM.

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    My my mister blackxs your certainly a sassy one haha, I'll have to search pictures and see what your describing. Cars up in canada aren't as "rice" haha I'm sure I can find what you have mentioned on my own too

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    "sorry"

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    Erm what? ^

My Cars
    e36, e46, e90
    I couldn't do that style spoiler/wing... it reminds me too much of nascar. I have a wing that looks somewhat normal but I don't know for sure if it's a stock one or not since I bought it from a rally friend of mine and has race type mods. I like the wing though. Just haven't seen a bimmer with it, yet.
    Last edited by Das Omen; 05-31-2014 at 01:32 AM.

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    Would you be able to post a pic? I have a friend who has a shop that does some custom body work and I might show it to him

My Cars
    e36, e46, e90
    I think I have a picture that shows the wing well enough. I can't take any pictures atm since I literally just took it to a shop to put a new engine in yesterday. It looks fairly standard but something tells me it's not (for that car). I'll try and upload it when I get home.
    Last edited by Das Omen; 05-31-2014 at 01:05 PM.

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    Awesome thanks man, is yours a coupe or sedan? I was looking at the csl ones and then at then just used google images. I quite like the look, looks a little better on the coupes of course but gives the sedans a lot more sport look

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i

My Cars
    z3
    I actually like the Rocketbunny more than the CSL spoilers on E36s. At least that unit seems to flow with the general design lines of the car - generally square shape, rounded off. The super round CSL trunk looks super odd on the E36.

Super expensive though for a rivet-on spoiler... thats $620 USD if I am looking at it right. Honestly, can probably get one custom made from scratch for less than that. I know my bodyshop could...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    e36, e46, e90
    hopefully the link works...
    but yeah as you can hopefully see, it looks stock almost but like i said i havent seen anyone else with one yet. if someone knows if it is a stock wing let me know.
    Last edited by Das Omen; 06-01-2014 at 12:39 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    That is not a stock wing

Im not even sure that wing was designed for that car. This is an OEM spoiler

There are other types but that is not one of them

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    e36, e46, e90
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    That is not a stock wing

Im not even sure that wing was designed for that car. This is an OEM spoiler

There are other types but that is not one of them
    Yeah I didn't think it was but I didn't want to assume. Is there usually an easy way to tell, Like would there be any makers marks or something on it if it was a bmw wing?

My Cars
    z3
    It will generally have a BMW stamp on it somewhere but its most likely to have the stamp on the leg of the spoiler that mounts against the trunk so you wont see it unless the spoiler is off the car

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330Ci
    I think that an iS spoiler or the M3 spoiler would be best, they are OEM and give the car a bit of an accent.

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    image.jpg This is the look that I am going for and I believe it would look sweet with the csl trunk

My Cars
    93 320i Blackbird
    I want this wing so frkn bad!!!!! any news on where to buy JUST the wing ? every site seems to only sell the whole kit. also I think the s14 rocket bunny wing may fit on e36.

My Cars
    1994 325ic

wing

Quote Originally Posted by Das Omen View Post
    Yeah I didn't think it was but I didn't want to assume. Is there usually an easy way to tell, Like would there be any makers marks or something on it if it was a bmw wing?
    In my opinion the wing is oem. I have the same one on my e36 and the original window sticker with options breakdown has it on the list. As I've also a few others in the past few years with it. Haven't confirmed by removing it but the bmw paperwork makes me think it is oem.

My Cars
    e10, e30,e85,UCK41, r56
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterdy6 View Post
    In my opinion the wing is oem. I have the same one on my e36 and the original window sticker with options breakdown has it on the list. As I've also a few others in the past few years with it. Haven't confirmed by removing it but the bmw paperwork makes me think it is oem.
    Your opinion is wrong. It's not an OEM unit, honestly looks like one of the old Erebuni or Zender things they used to sell through Bavauto in the 90s.

-Charlie

'06 Tundra - Toy Hauler -- '89 325is, 24v Track Rat --'76 2002, Summer wannabe DD/restomod thing -- '03 Z4, GI Joe Roadster playset -- '01 R1100S, Beemer -- '07 Mini Cooper S -- '10 328xi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast