Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subaru BRZ or VW GTI?

My Cars
    2005 Mini Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
    Why?
    Mostly the people who drive Subarus, bad haircut, huge sunglasses, monster stickers everywhere, ken block sweatshirts, those people.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by bav 325i View Post
    Mostly the people who drive Subarus, bad haircut, huge sunglasses, monster stickers everywhere, ken block sweatshirts, those people.
    So you dont like something based off of your stereotypical perception of what owners of that particular thing are like? Not even about the car itself, but just because you stereotype all their drivers together and dont like them?

Guess its a good thing you didnt talk to a non-German car owner about what BMWs or Mini Cooper owners are like before you bought one

Such stupid.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2005 330 zhp, e36 m3/4/5
    Have her test drive both cars. They are drastically different it's odd to see them being compared.

My Cars
    01' 325i Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    So you dont like something based off of your stereotypical perception of what owners of that particular thing are like? Not even about the car itself, but just because you stereotype all their drivers together and dont like them? Guess its a good thing you didnt talk to a non-German car owner about what BMWs or Mini Cooper owners are like before you bought one Such stupid.
    This is a good post. I can not talk to someone about my bimmer even though I think it's a great car as my mates all have the "stereotypical Subaru", yet only one of them have stickers. Nicest blokes you'll ever meet - just because of their car choice you can't judge them

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguerra View Post
    Have her test drive both cars. They are drastically different it's odd to see them being compared.
    I see your point, but not that odd if she's attracted to both of them based on their looks (which she is), and possibly likes each of them for different reasons. Honestly, if I was in the market for a new, fun to drive car for less than $30k... I might consider both of these cars as well.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5 '10 TL & MDX
    GTI, and make sure she drives it like she stole it everyday

My Cars
    2003 325i
    If I'm not mistaken, up until this new model, the GTI was always made in Germany, correct? I'm sure that will be an endless topic of discussion among VW enthusiasts.

My Cars
    M
    I know that many MKIV GTIs were made in Brazil.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by RENNSP0RT View Post
    I know that many MKIV GTIs were made in Brazil.
    Pretty sure MK IV Jettas and Golfs were made in Brazil, but the GTi's were still made in Germany.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1999 Z3 MC, 2000 540it
    The new GTI will be made in Mexico. I just saw that on a review. They said if it where made in Germany it would cost U.S. buyers over 40k.

My Cars
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    Pretty sure MK IV Jettas and Golfs were made in Brazil, but the GTi's were still made in Germany.
    Some MKIVs were still made in Germany but many were made in Brazil. My 2001 GTI was made in Brazil.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrothers View Post
    The new GTI will be made in Mexico. I just saw that on a review. They said if it where made in Germany it would cost U.S. buyers over 40k.
    Wasn't last year's model made in Germany?

My Cars
    M
    The MKV and MKVI GTI were made in Germany.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by RENNSP0RT View Post
    The MKV and MKVI GTI were made in Germany.
    Then I find it hard to believe that the next year's model (2015) would go up by $10-15k if made in the same country as the 2014 model.

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    I call that nonsense since MKVI golf was made in Germany for US market and it didn't cost 40k.

The prices will see a slight increase for 2015+ golf.
    Also, since they'll be assembling golf for NA market in Mexico, they probably save on costs too.
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Majik View Post
    thank you....

now i know not to subscribe to any posts....
    Exactly

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    Go with the FRS if your not a fan of the Subaru badge, I've owned two ae86s (rwd corollas) which is the car they took inspiration from, low power, good torque, LSD, manual transmission and rwd... How can you not like that? Test driven a FRS and I'd take an 86 any day as you can't get over the raw feeling of them. They are fun cars to drive as well if you ever end up drivin it around. They do fair in the winter as well, if you get snow where you are that is. They are pretty reliable too, it's a brand new car so it better be haha. Anyways, if she's looking for something fun to drive go with the FRS/BRZ

My Cars
    z3
    ^^^ Obviously not biased

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    Haha I've driven mk6 golfs that have 350+ hp, girlfriend drives a 2013 jetta that's fully loaded and it still doesn't compare to the FRS because of how well balanced of a car they are so sure I'm a little biased but I know both vehicles decently well.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    OK now she's actually considering one of those ridiculous new Fiats. I'm done trying to help her lol.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E View Post
    OK now she's actually considering one of those ridiculous new Fiats. I'm done trying to help her lol.
    I ran into this same issue trying to help a girl friend of mine recently. Once they see one of those stupid little things, its game over. Either those or Mini Coopers (at least those are decent).

Fiats are so terrible. They are going to depreciate like a rock.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    97' BRG 318i slicktop
    Hahaha girlfriend said the same thing the other night, wanting one of those 500's. Don't know what it is with em

My Cars
    2007 mercedes 350
    I think Volkswagen is better! It's engine, horse power and speed is great! Consider it, you won't regret

My Cars
    considering bmw 1 or 3
    I'd say a GTI for sure. I loved mine and miss it dearly. Just put a deposit down on an n55 135i)

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Update: My sister-in-law still hasn't bought anything... still mulling things over, and some new cars have entered the mix. But in the course of things, I got really interested in the Subaru BRZ.

So I bought one.

Couldn't be happier. RWD, 200 horses, decent (enough for me) 60 time, low comfy leather/alcantara seats, ltd slip diff, nice exhaust note for well under 30k? I went all in and am loving it.

I drove the 4-door GTI and thought it was nice. Handled well but didn't sit all that low--I prefer the BRZ seating position. The front-wheel drive bugs me, dunno why, it just does. Why doesn't VW make any RWD vehicles?? Was also a few grand more than the Subie, and I like the styling of the BRZ better-- of course that's just personal preference. I think the GTI will look cool in 2-door but I'm sold on the BRZ, and anticipate much better reliability (I've owned Subies and V-dubs in the past... no contest there).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast