Thread: E46 M3 hardtop questions?

My Cars
    2002 e46 m3 hardtop vert

E46 M3 hardtop questions?

Hey guys... I've owned my car for about 2 and 1/2 years... 02 e46 m3 convertible, but i got it with a hardtop...

I noticed that it has mounting points for roof rack...

I just recently purchased an awesome kayak, but it's getting annoying having to stuff 2 kayaks in my roommate's bronco OR having to call my dad to ask to borrow his truck...

Can i mount a roof rack to the hard top? and if so, will it be able to carry a 90 pound kayak on the roof without it breaking?

Thanks,
    -Phil.

- - - Updated - - -

correction: 65 pounds kayak.

My Cars
    E46XI E36
    The kayak should be well below the maximum for the roof rack. Double check with the roof rack manufacturer specifications along with the specs for the hard top. But you shouldn't have an issue.

Just curious, how long is the kayak? I had an 18 foot kayak on the roof of my e46 sedan and it surely looked funny lol. Can't imagine one that long on a coupe, let alone an m3!
    Last edited by DavidD123; 04-29-2014 at 01:35 AM.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    It'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    2002 e46 m3 hardtop vert
    it's a 10 foot kayak. single person.

My Cars
    2002 e46 m3 hardtop vert
    Bump. Anybody else want to chime in? I purchased the rack and kayak adaptor. Just waiting on an OK. I did a search and came up with nothing.

My Cars
    z3
    Unless someone here owns your exact type of hardtop, the same roofrack, and the same kayak - you will get better answers by looking up the weight capacity of your hardtop and ensuring the weight of the roofrack and the kayak are less than the capacity of the hardtop. You will also want a slight buffer to allow for the fact that at speed the kayak will generate downforce thus putting more force on the hardtop.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!