Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: E39 540i/6 need help choosing tires

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i M Sport

E39 540i/6 need help choosing tires

Hello all. Excuse me if i have posted this in the wrong place, i'm a little new to forums. Anyway I have an e39 540i and am looking to replace my current bald tires. They are so bad that if i give it a good amount of gas they will slip through out first and second. My main criteria for the new tires are comfort/road noise, traction, and handling. I want to go for the Michelin PS2 but if there were a cheaper option as I am not going for all out performance I would like to know. I appreciate any help! Thanks!

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    There are better options than the PS2. What size tires are you looking for. Let me know and I can make a better recommendation.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    2002 Bmw 525i
    Continental extreme contact DWS are a good selection provided you get the correct performance rating. I'm to broke to change tires every season so all-season has been working best for me

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    In the all season category the DWS is a good option. Especially if you do get some snow.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack