Thread: Bmw Factory Tour

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i

Bmw Factory Tour

Took the factory tour at ten BMW plant in Munich last Tuesday. Let first say that the plant was absolutely clean-even the metal stamping area was clean. The tour itself took a little over 2 hours and 3km of walking tThe later was a great excuse for for some doppleboch beer!). The new 3- and 4-series are being built at the Munich factory and it was cool to watch the robots deftly handle the differing parts. In fact, the assembly of the body, including paint, is totally automated. Humans are involved in the production only on the assembly line where the cars start to come together. Found out that the factory produced many of the interior parts, including seats. Seats are delivered to the assembly line on an as needed basis.

I asked the guide if I could live at the plant - I was that impressed with the place. She responded that I could work there after I go through the apprentice program. Also found out that the people on the assembly line can and do work at other BMW, Mini and RR plants.

If you are headed to Munich (great city, fabulous beer, filling food [I think the Atkins diet was invented here!]) reserve a spot in a factory tour. It costs €8 but well worth the cost!!!!!

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    It's on the list along with driving the ring when I finally get to make the trip to Germany.