Thread: Service History Invoice?

My Cars
    Montego 135i/6

Service History Invoice?

How would I got about getting an invoice for work I had done under warranty? I had the oil filter housing gasket replaced on my 135i, and it's leaking again. The woman at the service desk told me in order to get it replaced again under warranty (since my car has 88k now) I would have to bring in a copy of that invoice, which I can't find.
    2009 135i/6 | Cobb Stg 2+ | VRSF Downpipes | aFe Intake | Evolution Intercooler | Evolution CP | Apex ARC8s | BMW Performance Spoiler | Carbon Fiber

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    If they're the ones that replaced it, then they have it in their system. Ask to speak to a manager.

My Cars
    Montego 135i/6
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    2009 135i/6 | Cobb Stg 2+ | VRSF Downpipes | aFe Intake | Evolution Intercooler | Evolution CP | Apex ARC8s | BMW Performance Spoiler | Carbon Fiber

My Cars
    Montego 135i/6
    If anyone was wondering, they refused to warranty it because it was replaced for free under warranty and when the warranty period ends all jobs performed under that time no longer are covered -_-

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Unless that job had a separate warranty, you're SOL.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    That is why you do not go to a Dealer unless absolutely necessary!

My Cars
    z3
    I would call BMW N/A... it does sound like the dealer should be responsible. How long ago did they do the repair?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '15 I01Rex , '11F25
    If a repair is made under warranty the repair is only guaranteed thru the original warranty. If its a cash repair at a dealer using BMW OEM parts then it is normally 2yrs unlimited mileage. Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, take a moment and think about it.... otherwise the warranty could go on for infinty, the original warranty is 4yrs 50k. BMW is also pretty good about "Goodwill" if the customer maintains their vehicle to BMW's schedule and thru their network, say what ever you want about NA and the dealers but as a tech we see far more goodwill then we really want. I have friends that have other "high-end vehicles" or work for other brands like Audi and M-B and even most of their maintanance is CASH.

nickdrivesm3 is offline <---Retired from that BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by ptarditi View Post
    If a repair is made under warranty the repair is only guaranteed thru the original warranty. If its a cash repair at a dealer using BMW OEM parts then it is normally 2yrs unlimited mileage. Before everyone gets their knickers in a knot, take a moment and think about it.... otherwise the warranty could go on for infinty, the original warranty is 4yrs 50k. BMW is also pretty good about "Goodwill" if the customer maintains their vehicle to BMW's schedule and thru their network, say what ever you want about NA and the dealers but as a tech we see far more goodwill then we really want. I have friends that have other "high-end vehicles" or work for other brands like Audi and M-B and even most of their maintanance is CASH.
    Truth.

- Nick: Pacific Region Vice-President for BMW CCA
    San Diego BMW CCA Past President
    Join the BMW Car Club of America!!!