Thread: Dinan Muffler solution??

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3

Dinan Muffler solution??

I'm sure most of you already know and are tired of discussing about the dummy tips on the Dinan free flow exhaust on the e46 m3's but has anyone discovered a solution to making all tips functional?
    Luckily for me when I bought my M3 it came with Dinan muffler, saving me $1,500 (I was also given the stock muffler). I love the sound but hate the fact that two of the tips are fake. Has anyone tried drilling a hole into the tips and seeing if it would be functional? Im no mechanic so the last thing I want to do is start poking holes in places that I shouldn't. Has anyone tried this, or any other method?

Note: I'm aware of Steve Dinan's White Paper and his explanation to the fake tips. I know it is designed for better performance.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    If you saw the white paper... you saw the diagram how the exhaust is designed and drilling the fake tips won't connect you to anything.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    z3
    You would have to cut open the muffler, gut the material inside, cut out the straight-through pipe and weld on a piece to allow exhaust to flow to the outer tips.

Not worth it

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    I don't think I'd go around hacking a perfectly good Dinan muffler: they designed it the way they did for a reason. If you don't want fake tips, sell it, buy a muffler with functional tips and you'll probably even pocket some money in the process.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53,
    Can you really not see another solution...

Sell the dinan muffler and install one that has four functioning tips? Not that difficult..
    2003 X5 4.6is - for sale
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress - for sale
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff - for sale
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped
    www.87chevy.com

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3
    Thanks guys