View Poll Results: would a heated shift knob be beneficiaL to you?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 11.11%
  • no

8 88.89%
  • maybe

0 0%

Thread: Shifter Question

Shifter Question

Would a cooled shift knob be beneficial to you?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Sorry bro, but quit while you're ahead. A heated or cooled shiftknob is absolutely rediculous. Shifters get hot and cold, just like the rest of the car does. We can't coddle drivers anymore than they already are with their active cruise, blindspot detection, parking assist, etc. etc.

Frankly, I don't want to know anyone that uses a heated or cooled shift knob. You only touch it for a few seconds anyway. Don't be such a p****!

My Cars
    z3
    Again as I mentioned in the other thread, hot or cold shift knobs are a self-created problem that happens when you use a knob made out of a material that tranfers heat too efficiently. Either its hot and has absorbed a lot of heat and it tranfers it to your hand or its cold and has released a lot of heat and when you touch it it draws the heat away from your hand.

This is fixed by using an OEM leather shift knob. Which all our cars come with. Those who go to metal shift knobs do so knowing the consequences.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post
    Again as I mentioned in the other thread, hot or cold shift knobs are a self-created problem that happens when you use a knob made out of a material that tranfers heat too efficiently. Either its hot and has absorbed a lot of heat and it tranfers it to your hand or its cold and has released a lot of heat and when you touch it it draws the heat away from your hand.

This is fixed by using an OEM leather shift knob. Which all our cars come with. Those who go to metal shift knobs do so knowing the consequences.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post

Hey .. quit making so much sense.

My Cars
    2010 bwm x6
    Those who go to metal shift knobs do so knowing the consequences.
    Last edited by tognettiza; 04-03-2014 at 11:19 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    I want one that lights up and... oh wait they already have those. ummm how about one that's really tall or short or heavy or ....
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree