Thread: 1992 325i motor/trans value??

My Cars
    2012 GTI, 1992 BMW

1992 325i motor/trans value??

This may be in the wrong place but.... I didn't wanna post it in the for sale section until I knew if it was even worth anything lol. I just purchased a 1992 325i with 230k+ miles that I'm going to be doing a motor swap on. My question is, is a motor with that many miles worth anything? The trans shifts slow but I drove it 30 minutes home so it works. Owner (mechanic) said the trans had something clogged causing it to shift slow, but I don't know myself. Basically its all getting removed, and didnt' know if anybody here would be interested. Or am I better off just taking it to a scrap yard? Will they even take it? LOL. Alot of questions I apologize, just figured this is the BMW place so maybe someone here knows Thanks!

-Tony

My Cars
    z3
    Those engines are $200 and they litter junkyards near me.

Worth it to post it for sale, after all who knows, but I dont see it ever getting more than $500 and even thats quite a stretch

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    15 X5, 02 330i, 09 MiniS
    Engine with that many miles I would say has no value. Behead it and sell the 400 castings seperate for the same money you could possibly get for the engine.

AT is scrap.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast