Thread: BMW Group Expands its Commitment in the USA

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW Group Expands its Commitment in the USA

Celebrating 20 years of production in the USA, Dr. Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management, BMW Group, today announced plans to invest US$ 1 billion in the company’s South Carolina plant: “We will expand the plant’s annual production capacity by 50% up to 450,000 vehicles by the end of 2016. Today’s capacity is around 300,000 vehicles. This investment will also create an additional 800 jobs, increasing the total workforce to 8,800 on site.”

More...

epicimage is offline The Vinyl Answer BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    95 M3-94 MTech-81 CaddyD
    Too bad they're building such a...limited market...vehicle there but the additional jobs and expansion within the USA is much needed and appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by riffman12 View Post
    basically any of the slammed cars with stretched tires will run low 8's

My Cars
    z3
    So they are now producing the X3, X4, X5 and X7 at this facility (every X series vehicle they will sell in the US). Neat.

Just had a discussion with someone about the X7. A lot of articles seem to say its a competeitor to the Range Rover and Mercedes GL, but I dont think thats true. Those cars have existed for years and the X5 is a solid competitor to those models. I think the X7 is a reaction to Porsche's production of a lower-level SUV - the Macan, which is firmly in X5 territory. So BMW moved itself up to Cayenne territory with the X7.

These German companies do this sort of back-and-forth all the time.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!