Thread: '04 740 diesel exhaust fumes in cabin HELP!

My Cars
    66 77 87

'04 740 diesel exhaust fumes in cabin HELP!

K, so I've got a BMW 740il diesel 2004 model, it has been leaking exhaust gasses I to the cabin rendering the vehicle un-drivable. Vehicle is located in Dubai (I'm currently in the US) anyway I took it to an indie who is supposedly an expert had it there for 4-5 months to no avail. So took it to dealer after a month there they said they don't work on diesels (BMW dealers in UAE suck big time FYI) after much discussion back and forth they said they would investigate it ... Many moons later they couldn't identify the problem. I suspect that they just don't want to work on it. They handed the keys back and told me that the recommend replacing engine!!! Wtf the engine runs fine the only issue is the smell inside the cabin. It's literally intoxicating. Has anyone had a similar issue or seen something like this if so what was the problem? Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

it's difficult enough trying to handle this from abroad let alone dealing with incompetence and blind guesses from pseudo professionals.

Help!!!!

My Cars
    2013 135i, 1994 Jeep XJ
    Being an American, I'm not familiar with that vehicle/engine configuration. The exhaust leaks I have seen on the current selection of diesel in America all had to do with the EGR system and related pipes. That's where I would suggest looking on your particular vehicle.

I manage to pull up some pictures for a 2004 740d at realoem.com

I would look here:

I'm guessing this all sits under the intake manifold? Here: