Thread: What are these plugs on security system?

My Cars
    1995 325is 2010 328xi

What are these plugs on security system?

So i've got a problem. Idk where these two plugs go to. I had a aftermarket system that some retard installed whilst high and I finally got that mess out and am trying to install this stock system. There are no unplugged plugs that would fit these so im thinking the other dude cut them off and hard wired them. If one of you know where they go, I would be so happy.
    DSC05191-001.JPG

The one on the left has two wires going to it and the right only has one. Also, there is no microwave sensor (at least what came with the system) or anything like that.

(Oh, and that color in the background is a sneak peek of the color I painted my car on the weekend. )
    3 SERIES ALL THE WAY

My Cars
    z3
    If the previous owner installed it while high, you have to get high to install this one. Otherwise nothing will make sense. Its like you are trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Smoke some drugs then report back.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1995 325is 2010 328xi
    haha i see what you mean. He wasnt high enough though to cut the main harness. He actually spliced all those wire and left the harness intact which is nice. The two wires circled are the only ones that i dont know where they go. When I looked at other stock systems, all they have is the main plug and the led indicator and thats it. So im thinking i dont even need those other two that those might be some special features that i dont have/need.
    3 SERIES ALL THE WAY

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    The circle to the right is for the hood pin switch, and the one to the left is something else.. I'm thinking trunk trigger? Either way this harness was not modified, that is OE.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    1995 325is 2010 328xi
    Do they need to be plugged in for the system to work properly?
    3 SERIES ALL THE WAY

My Cars
    Bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJaderman View Post
    Do they need to be plugged in for the system to work properly?
    Test the alarm without plugging them in. Nothing bad will happen from it.
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    1995 325is 2010 328xi
    I just did and the fobs didn't work... i dont even know if the system was working at all.
    3 SERIES ALL THE WAY

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    I know the hood switch does not have to be plugged to work. Not sure about the other connector, but I do not think it needs to be plugged in either. I would double-check your wiring.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    1995 325is 2010 328xi
    Huh well nothing works. Oh well. Thanks for your help guys
    3 SERIES ALL THE WAY

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Turbo
    I too am trying to figure out what those connectors do. My car also had a retard-installed aftermarket system (not sure if he was high though), but the module connector seems intact, and I'm missing those two connectors. The system has them, but my car does not.

Is your airbag light on? The instructions for programming the 2-button fob (in one of the steps) says you must be seated in the drivers seat, which IIRC won't recognize someone sitting in it if SRS light is on. I got the same security system from a junkyard, works great on my friend's bimmer, doesn't work on mine as I have a momo steering wheel and no airbag. I can't get the car into learner mode because of the SRS light.

I have yet to try a 3-button fob system. I got the fob, just looking for a module and wiring. Those don't need the car to be programmed, just the fob and the module (fob and system are linked with a chip, chip programming takes place in the module itself).