Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quality Issues - I need to vent, but in a nice way.

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E View Post
    Why do you keep talking about your stupid BMW?? Please tell us more about that CONTOUR!! And, pictures, or YOU DON'T REALLY OWN ONE!!

- - - Updated - - -

Frikking MACHINE!!
    Great idea! My bimmer is old news. As soon as I figure out how to upload a pic, I will post it.
    Houdini

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    I'm backkkk! I finally (it was a matter of time) have the rough idle issue that many of you have experienced. No code. Well, at least no warning icon. I'm taking it into my indy tomorrow morning. I'm guessing a Vanos issue. I went over 6 months without any issues! Yup, it's 8 years old, yet, I still haven't crossed 27k on the odo. I scratch my head wondering if BMW's are designed to detonate by year or mileage? Hmmm...

For those of you who find my Ford Contour ownership fascinating, it now displays more idiot lights than my bimmer. Do I receive an award for that? If so, I will send it to BMW to give them something to shoot for.

I really like my BMW indy. I wonder if he works on Ford's?
    Houdini

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Still waiting on that Contour pic!

At this point I'm not even sure you own a car.

All aboard:

Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Troll. Hilarious! I will update this thread after I get word from my indy what the damages are. In the meantime, I will try not to stare at my hood in fear it may create yet another rock chip.
    Houdini

My Cars
    z3
    Just sell the car

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    It's a BMW. It's depreciated too much to get any serious money for it. I might as well keep it and enjoy it for what it is, warts and all.

Anywho, I just returned from my indy and got some good news! I was experiencing the obligatory rough idle sympton. There were no codes evident that suggested a vanos or another issue. Instead, they raised the RPM 50 by re-flashing the ECU. So far, no more rough idle. While I was there, I had them change the diff fluid. My total bill with labor was under $80.

Sitting around the indy, waiting on my car to be serviced, a new customer came in complaining about his "stealership." His words, not mine. He has a '07 335i with nearly 100,000 miles on it. Other than a turbo leak of some kind and a few other BMW annoying issues encountered, he's avoided major repairs, including the HFP, which is the original! I told him he was lucky. We commiserated our hatred for RFT's. I believe he's convinced to purchase a set of Michelin Super Sports and join AAA. Nice guy. He loves the driving dynamics. He loves his car. Yet, he hates everything else about the experience, which I contribute to his abhorrence of his former dealership ("They could care less about my problems").

Hopefully, I'm good for another 6 months before something else raises its ugly head. Until then, auf wiedersehen.
    Houdini

My Cars
    97 318i, 00 f350 +++
    i buy parts from my local dealership all the time. when you dont have your head up your ass youll find them allot more helpful.... try treating them like PEOPLE.... ive had them pull tow hooks out of the scrap bin and give them to me because i couldnt afford to buy one at the time... they make mistakes from time to time but they admit it and fix it, if you go in with the attitude like your fighting with the enemy thats what your going to get back... im pretty sure i also saw massive discounts the last time i bought an air and an oil filter there i think it cost me $25 for the pair which really isnt that bad when you consider they had it on the shelf for my now 18 year old car.... please show me that at a ford dealer (i also own a 15 year old ford) i can tell you they cant even get you a block heater cord or a coolant temp sensor same day which are items that have an extremely high failure rate on my truck.... fords attitude? F u youll buy it its dealer only pay $300 for a $3 piece of copper wire... lol
    Last edited by ogkush420; 01-18-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ny-sedan-parts
    e36 parts for sale

"n if your plan fell through a few times let me tell you one of the main ingredients of success is failure"

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Been awhile update: Other than normal service, the bimmer is holding up okay. A month ago, I had to replace one of the halo lights. Now the other side has blown. Not to worry! This evening some dope kid in a '96 Honda Accord ran a red light and ripped the front bumper off my temperamental baby. Beside a new fascia, I should get those new halos thrown in on the deal.

Sadly, I sold the beloved Ford Contour. It ran fine, but it couldn't pass inspection this year. I did't want to drop anymore money into a 17 year old, 100k + car. it will be missed.
    Houdini

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Coupe; 1M, 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    Been awhile update: Other than normal service, the bimmer is holding up okay. A month ago, I had to replace one of the halo lights. Now the other side has blown. Not to worry! This evening some dope kid in a '96 Honda Accord ran a red light and ripped the front bumper off my temperamental baby. Beside a new fascia, I should get those new halos thrown in on the deal.

Sadly, I sold the beloved Ford Contour. It ran fine, but it couldn't pass inspection this year. I did't want to drop anymore money into a 17 year old, 100k + car. it will be missed.
    Please do keep us informed about your car. This is some of the most interesting reading this side of the Manhattan Yellow Pages.

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Quote Originally Posted by champignon View Post
    Please do keep us informed about your car. This is some of the most interesting reading this side of the Manhattan Yellow Pages.
    Next to the Curious George series, I totally agree.

I noticed you own a couple of old BMW"s. You must be a mechanic or rich. Best of luck to you!
    Houdini

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Coupe; 1M, 135i
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post

I noticed you own a couple of old BMW"s. You must be a mechanic or rich. Best of luck to you!
    Very Rich. Soon you will be working for me, and then I'll fire you. Don't much care for whiners.

:-)

My Cars
    '07 328i coupe de grace
    Quote Originally Posted by champignon View Post
    Very Rich. Soon you will be working for me, and then I'll fire you. Don't much care for whiners.

:-)
    Feel better? I know I do. :-)

Should be getting the Bimmer back from the body shop tomorrow. I will schedule an appointment with my indy to have it checked out. The 2015 Chevy Impala rental has been nice. I wish I had taken the time to learn how to turn off the alerts. I had one pop up telling me to keep my eyes on the road. How did it know? lol
    Houdini

My Cars
    2000 Z3M Coupe; 1M, 135i
    This is great! You have found your sympatico car!

I'm sure that Enterprise rental car sales has some 2015 Impalas available for you, and I suggest you check them out! Hope this helps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123