Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at first bmw. What to look for?

My Cars
    98 legacy gt limited
    These arent neighbors. They are trusted family friends. They would not decieve me. But I understand where you are coming from.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Even if the sellers are close family friends and you trust them... I don't know what your budget is, but the car is 1) pretty high mileage and 2) has some rust. I don't know what your 'wish list' includes either, but why don't you come up with a list of things that are must-haves (for instance, maybe you only want 2-door), highly desirable (low mileage, maybe a manual transmission), then colors, packages etc and set a budget. IF this car fits within all that, great... but if it doesn't or if it's on the perimeter... why go for this one?

My Cars
    bmw i3
    I'm 18, a college student and I have an 02 BMW 325i with 149K miles and I would say it is fairly reliable, not like a Toyota or Honda, but not crap, I spend less on maintaing my BMW than my dad does on his GMC sierra which 5 years newer and has half the miles. This car has never has never failed to start. The only thing is that when things do go wrong it can be expensive. I've had the car for two and a half years and it's had about $3000 in maintaince(excluding oil, tries and brakes). So far, ive done timing belts, window regulators O2 sensors and lots of little things. I've never had any problems with the engine or tranny. It actually hasn't been in the shop for year(knock on wood), so it's been pretty good. I do know some people with the same car and their's practically lives in the shop. Honestly, I love this car, it is wonderful to drive and tons of fun, but be prepared to spend money on keeping it up. If you're looking for practicality avoid anything German and buy something Japanese. Make sure to have it checked out before buying and get service records if you can. Lots of BMW's at the mileage have probably been abused and are being sold for a reason. Check the cooling system carefully, that's a weak spot for tha E46 generation of 3-series. Make sure to you are prepared to pay for the maintaince when buy this, but in my opinion it is worth it. BMW's are extremely fun to drive and plan on buying another own when my current one gets close to 200K.

My Cars
    98 legacy gt limited
    Well I bought it. It has been babied. Female adult owned. All highway miles. Rides like its new. Love it already. The sport shifter is pretty sweet and my gf loves the heated seats. Lol
    uploadfromtaptalk1395411861993.jpg

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Nice, grats. I hope she'll treat you well!
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by lalitv74 View Post
    ISo far, ive done timing belts...
    Wow, I didn't know that an E46 had even ONE timing belt, let alone multiple ones! Hope you weren't charged too much LOL

My Cars
    98 legacy gt limited
    Lmao timing chain correct? And a serpentine belt? Really hope thats what he meant lol

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that an E46 had even ONE timing belt, let alone multiple ones! Hope you weren't charged too much LOL
    I think they changed the timing belts while topping off his blinker fluid.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12