Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CX Racing E36 LsX Mounts....... Anyone see these

My Cars
    97 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by sdobart View Post
    Right, I'm pretty sure everyone who has questioned the motor positioning has figured that out. There's a reason the other kits require ABS relocation and sometimes a different steering shaft. By shifting the motor towards the passenger size you introduce angle into the driveline which causes stress on the U-joints and potential driveshaft vibration issues.
    Sorry to dig up an oldie here. But U joints are designed to operate at a slight angle, having a u-joint with 0* angle doesn't allow the roller bearings to move and can cause premature failure. Guibos however are designed to run at 0*, not the case with a T-56.

some lit to back me up,
    http://www.waterousco.com/media/wysi...311-1-DSSP.pdf

page 5

RULE 1: UNIVERSAL JOINT OPERATING ANGLES AT EACH END OF A DRIVESHAFT SHOULD ALWAYS BE AT LEAST 1 DEGREE.RULE

2: UNIVERSAL JOINT OPERATING ANGLES ON EACH END OF A DRIVESHAFT SHOULD ALWAYS BE EQUAL WITHIN 1 DEGREEOF EACH OTHER (ONE HALF DEGREE FOR MOTOR HOMES AND SHAFTS IN FRONT OF TRANSFER CASE OR AUXILIARYDEVICE).

RULE 3: FOR VIRTUAL VIBRATION FREE PERFORMANCE, UNIVERSAL JOINT OPERATING ANGLES SHOULD NOT BE LARGERTHAN 3 DEGREES. IF THEY ARE, MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED ANGLES.
    Last edited by sl0ride; 08-08-2015 at 01:05 AM.

My Cars
    96 M3 TT LSx
    Quote Originally Posted by sl0ride View Post
    Sorry to dig up an oldie here. But U joints are designed to operate at a slight angle, having a u-joint with 0* angle doesn't allow the roller bearings to move and can cause premature failure. Guibos however are designed to run at 0*, not the case with a T-56.

some lit to back me up,
    http://www.waterousco.com/media/wysi...311-1-DSSP.pdf

page 5

RULE 1: UNIVERSAL JOINT OPERATING ANGLES AT EACH END OF A DRIVESHAFT SHOULD ALWAYS BE AT LEAST 1 DEGREE.RULE

2: UNIVERSAL JOINT OPERATING ANGLES ON EACH END OF A DRIVESHAFT SHOULD ALWAYS BE EQUAL WITHIN 1 DEGREEOF EACH OTHER (ONE HALF DEGREE FOR MOTOR HOMES AND SHAFTS IN FRONT OF TRANSFER CASE OR AUXILIARYDEVICE).

RULE 3: FOR VIRTUAL VIBRATION FREE PERFORMANCE, UNIVERSAL JOINT OPERATING ANGLES SHOULD NOT BE LARGERTHAN 3 DEGREES. IF THEY ARE, MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT EXCEED THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED ANGLES.
    There have been a ton of posts pruned from this thread for being "off topic", but there were to be posts that elaborated more on driveline angle. Everyone is well aware of driveline angle requirements, however the 1 degree rule is fulfilled by vertical angle - no horizontal angle is needed. I don't know if anyone has bothered to measure the horizontal driveline angle of this kit to see if it is > 3°. Anyways, arguing about it is a mute point. If you think the driveline angle created by this kit is fine then you're going to buy the kit no matter what anyone says. If you don't think its fine, you'll buy another kit for double or three times the cost, or fabricate your own. To each his own.
    96 M3 | Forged LSx | Twin S366 | Injector Dynamics | E85 | AEM Infinity
    90 Schwarz 325i

IG : sdobart

My Cars
    95 M3
    I'm using the CX mounts on mine. Driveline angles aren't at all out of the norm.

This is with a 210mm diff though. Not sure if the pinion centerline is much different to the stock 188mm diff.
    95 M3, 5.3 LS, PTE 7675CEA, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
    10.4@136 Pump gas at 3530lbs.

Build thread
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...LS-Turbo-build

My Cars
    1997 LS1 M3, 2004 330xi
    Any idea if their transmission mount would work with the vorshlag engine mount?
    Id like to get rid of some of the NVH from the solid mounts...

My Cars
    02 M3
    I've been running their kit in my car. No issues what so ever. Fitment isn't amazing, but for the money and some hands on, it's worth it!

My Cars
    96 M3 TT LSx
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflame View Post
    I've been running their kit in my car. No issues what so ever. Fitment isn't amazing, but for the money and some hands on, it's worth it!
    Fitment isn't amazing on any of the kits, haha.
    96 M3 | Forged LSx | Twin S366 | Injector Dynamics | E85 | AEM Infinity
    90 Schwarz 325i

IG : sdobart

My Cars
    '00 540 6.0/4L80e/S480
    Quote Originally Posted by sdobart View Post
    Fitment isn't amazing on any of the kits, haha.
    Hahahaha! Just ask them, they will give you 100 reasons how it's your fault. The product is top notch. ?

My Cars
    95 bmw m3 ls1/t56 370whp
    cooler...the placement has to be close, you just can't very the position of a t56 in a e36 that much.

anyone try the CX exhaust yet? i'm thinking about trying it on my car since my custom 3" duals to magnaflow resonated x to rogue rear got knock-off by a road construction plate.

i was never really as happy with the sound quality of the duals as i thought i would be. thinking i might like the y to single sound better. i had a y to 3" to magnaflow resonator and

rear muffler on my ls1 volvo...sounded great.

My Cars
    1997 LS1 M3, 2004 330xi
    Looks like the same setup i had made at the local muff shop for $200. I brought him the merge Y and flex pipe and muffler. It sounds great i think but i regret not going with a 3.5" as the 3" is not enough for anything other than a stock ls1.
    IMG_2151.jpg

My Cars
    02 M3
    I run their headers and y-pipe, then made my own from the y-pipe back. The headers didn't line up with the y-pipe at all, even though I'm using their entire kit lol... can't complain for the price too much, with some heating and banging it all started to line up.

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe LS1
    Anyone try the headers and y pipe with the vorschlag kit?

My Cars
    96ti, 98 328i, 04 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    I'm using the CX mounts on mine. Driveline angles aren't at all out of the norm.

This is with a 210mm diff though. Not sure if the pinion centerline is much different to the stock 188mm diff.
    hey what headers are you using with this kit?
    SQ BIMMER N MARIO8139 RIPPED ME OFF $200 .

My Cars
    95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by graymae View Post
    hey what headers are you using with this kit?
    Turbo manifolds/crossover pipe that I made. There's pics in my build thread.

Build thread

My Cars
    96ti, 98 328i, 04 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    Turbo manifolds/crossover pipe that I made. There's pics in my build thread.
    do u have a link to your build?

My Cars
    95 M3

Build thread

My Cars
    96ti, 98 328i, 04 530i
    what drive shaft flange are u using?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456