Thread: Anyone knows what it might be??? (VIDEO)

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i

Anyone knows what it might be??? (VIDEO)

I have the same problem with my 1998 740i , on this video i can see that the accessory belt and fan has been removed. That's exactly the same like with my car.
    The water pump is new. Tomorrow i'm going to install new tensioner and accessory belt belt. Anyone knows what to look for?
    I might add also that sometimes the i can hear the steering making this noise as i'm maneuvering in the parking lot. The noise comes only under acceleration, the more i press the pedal the more louder it gets.

My car is 11/1998 740i M62 engine, 90,000 miles driven.

Also one off topic question : Changing oil in the transmission with this mileage. Is it a good thing to do? Wouldn't it harm the transmission?

My Cars
    2001 740iL
    Where is the video? Are you referring to the past post with the driveshaft? If so, read my response on the Guilbo and center bearing.

As far as the tranny oil....Oh boy! there is so much web space dedicated to this. it's a split decision. research and do your best. IF the tranny is having problems a change will probably not help but hurt you.
    Last edited by ebida3; 01-14-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    I've spent most of my money on this car the rest I just pissed away

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i
    Here is the link, sorry for not attaching the link before . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNNHZ-zIxaQ
    In the Video there is m60 engine , my one is m62.

The car is behaving pretty well. Everything is working as it should except for this whining noise under acceleration.
    About the transmission there are no problems at all, the noise seems to be coming from the front (engine bay).
    I will be changing the accessory belt , fan+clutch and tensioner next week. If nothing will change then i will look deeper into it maybe with a help from a kind forum member

My Cars
    2015 328i M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbi7 View Post
    Here is the link, sorry for not attaching the link before . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNNHZ-zIxaQ
    In the Video there is m60 engine , my one is m62.

The car is behaving pretty well. Everything is working as it should except for this whining noise under acceleration.
    About the transmission there are no problems at all, the noise seems to be coming from the front (engine bay).
    I will be changing the accessory belt , fan+clutch and tensioner next week. If nothing will change then i will look deeper into it maybe with a help from a kind forum member
    Was it running for awhile when you took that video? Does it do it constantly? I don't know if its your audio that could be misinterpreting your issue. I do hear a very slight whine.. but I also hear the engine sucking in fuel and air which is normal