BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: Feeler: e39 Touring Sport Manual

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe

Feeler: e39 Touring Sport Manual

*First, I will take some better pics but real quick there are a couple so you can get an idea*

Car is located in Savannah GA.

I am going to sell my touring, it's not what I want to do but it seems I need a higher vehicle for a DD as my neck is not happy lately. My good friend more or less gave me the car since he was buying a new one and couldn't sell it in Tennessee without fixing the ABS module and he didn't want to put any more money in the car. Around that time my son turned driving age and my insurance man told me to get a beater car and list my son on it with liability only but ME drive it. I drive for work a fair amount so I have maintained it so that it is reliable and have been doing the work as though I was going to have it long term. All OEM parts have been used except where otherwise noted. Koni shocks, M5 shift lever, Meyle HD subframe bushings are some aftermarket parts that were used.

The abs lights are on - I sent the module off and they said it could not be fixed. I declined to buy a rebuilt one at the time because of other priorities on the car, and when it came back the speedo and odometer started working. It is totally possible that one of the other (better) repair centers can fix the abs module but I haven't sent it off to them.

I will tell you anything about the car, am totally transparent, and you can have total confidence that you are getting what you think you are getting. I have almost 300 feedback 100% on ebay and I don't screw around.

I have over $6500 in the car without the comfort seats and have receipts for all of it. I am thinking $6500 with the original sport seats or $7300 with.

The good:
    It's a manual touring Fun car to romp around town in.
    California car originally and has no rust and is pretty clean.
    Style 5 wheels in decent shape, clear coat could be redone but the mesh is in pretty good shape.
    Has the optional rear door window shades and cargo cover, and cargo net that comes up to the ceiling.
    OEM Roof racks
    New yellow konis, clutch and flywheel, cooling system, ....
    Currently has e38 comfort sport seats, can sell with them or with original sport seats
    See list of service done below

The bad:
    Has the abs lights still on but speedo and odometer are working
    Has odometer discrepancy due to no odometer for years - reads 105k but has more like 180
    Has a ding in the skirt behind passenger front wheel where someone must have gone over a parking block
    Got a crack in the windshield the week after I put the new seal on
    Rear brakes are quietly squealing - they just need the anti squeal put on, linings are good

Previous owner:
    Radiator, spark plugs
    New starter
    Brakes replaced

Me:
    Rear Subframe Bushings w/Meyle HD
    Cooling system incl water pump, new hoses top and bottom, thermostat, idler pullies (radiator done a year ago by PO)
    Beisan Double Vanos Kit, valve cover gaskets
    Clutch w/Luc parts and flywheel, Guibo, Main seal, trans input seal, pilot bearing
    Transmission serviced with detent pins and 5th gear lean plungers and guides.
    Engine mounts
    Transmission Mounts
    Front tires replaced
    Throttle cable replaced
    Seat pad upper and lower drivers side (sport seats)
    Clutch pivot bushing, m5 shifte lever, boot, rear bushing, sponge
    Koni Shocks, all strut mounts, stops
    Transmission Oil - Royal Purple
    Rear hatch struts
    Two tires (on front)
    Seal door vapor barriers
    Clean out sunroof drains
    Fuel injector rebuild/test
    Compression Test
    Crankshaft position sensor
    Engine Oil - Rotella T6 5-40
    Rebuilt front brake calipers and bled
    Windshield trim replaced

2013-11-17 10.12.41 (Small).jpg2013-11-17 10.13.20 (Small).jpg2013-12-03 22.40.20.jpg2013-12-03 22.23.28.jpg2013-12-03 22.38.24.jpg
    Last edited by vmbray; 12-03-2013 at 10:55 PM.

My Cars
    2008 Subaru WRX (RIP)
    Is this still for sale?

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe
    Yes

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe
    a few more bad pics - I will take some during daylight, it's getting dark so early here and my phone is bad at night.

2013-12-03 22.32.08.jpg2013-12-03 22.32.57.jpg2013-12-03 22.33.01.jpg2013-12-03 22.38.16.jpg2013-12-03 22.38.32.jpg

My Cars
    E28s
    I read the ad a few times just to be sure that I'm not missing it... Is this a 528 or a 540?
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    Also, maybe it's there and I did not see it, but what year is this touring?

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe
    99 528i - first month of the three spoke wheel.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe
    Probably keeping the car for now. Thanks for looking

My Cars
    2001 e39 m5
    Trade plus cash on your end?

My Cars
    AP1 S2000, '03 525it
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggym5 View Post
    he said he was planning on keeping the car.

that being said, the interior in this car is lovely. i've always wanted a black interior, but i haven't seen one with piano black trim. it's really pretty. and the comfort sport seats, ahhh, i want this interior. GLWS or keeping it. which ever.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggym5 View Post
    An m5? Cash flow in wrong direction but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deception View Post
    he said he was planning on keeping the car.

that being said, the interior in this car is lovely. i've always wanted a black interior, but i haven't seen one with piano black trim. it's really pretty. and the comfort sport seats, ahhh, i want this interior. GLWS or keeping it. which ever.
    Thanks, yeah I like the black trim, I believe it was part of the sport package that had the M shift knob, steering wheel with color stitching, shorter springs, hmm what else? Anyway those seats are gonna be for sale very shortly for a good price if you're interested.