Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1999 s52 M Coupe black/tan, 98k, REBUILT TITLE!

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe

1999 s52 M Coupe black/tan, 98k, REBUILT TITLE!

1999 BMW M Coupe. Black/Tan, just under 98k mi & I do drive it 3x a week. Car runs & drives smooth & tight. No leaks, undercarriage is dry as a bone. Cold a/c(does need new condenser fan a/c still blows cold unless stopped for 1min+) & heat. Car is a 5spd manual, moon roof(pops up), power seats, windows & mirrors. Everything on the car works as it should, check engine light is intermittent(code p0446, via this forum maybe charcoal canister lines?) it does go on & off though. No other dash lights illuminated. Car has been freshly detailed by "Brentster" on e90post.com(10/28). Brand new front tires(225 sumitumo), rears have about 3k mi on them(255 continental). Wheels were just recently powder coated, still clean & fresh. New Umnitza w/ Orion V2 angel eye headlights with projectors & 6k HID kit-$450. New O2 sensors-$180ea & spark plugs-$16ea(replaced 10/25, both OEM & both replaced). New clutch pedal bushings(OEM), Bilstein rear shocks, brakes & fluid flush all done recently.

Now heres what the car needs...driver & passenger seats have small tears/wear in leather, the headliner sags, need new condenser fan, install new window track bushings(I have them new OEM), factory radio works but volume knob doesn't adjust volume up or down? & could use front struts(I have a pair of Bilstein sports, included if not installed). The car does have Texas Rebuilt Title & titled in my name(I have photos prior fix shown below & more if needed), ALL parts replaced were purchased from Momentum West, I have a stack of receipts I will provide to buyer(see pics). Im not a fan of aftermarket parts, I replaced the hood(used OEM), core support(NEW OEM) & hatch(straight from Germany NEW OEM). No air bags deployed in accident. The entire car was Plasti-dipped white(see pics prior repair) there is still slight bits of this in some of the jambs of the car but fairly minor.

Aside from that its an awesome car, gets thumbs up everywhere I go. A absolute BLAST to drive, really handles like nothing else & s52's are one of the most reliable BMW engines built. Even with a Rebuilt title, the cars still clean for a 1999. $11k take it, firm on this...A LOT of car for the $ & the car is a great driver. Please don't lowball or any whacky trade offers! Message me your contact info or a call/text to 832.six6one.9nine9six within reasonable hours.

Heres the pic overload, I went a bit crazy taking pics...if you need more just ask…

Pics from 11/17…

Last edited by ILowNslowI; 01-12-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Price update

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Just bought a CLS55, the M has to go

My Cars
    1999 Z3 MC, 2000 540it
    I'm sorry to say that you will never sell at that price.
    I recommend you check mcoupebuyersguide.com to get an idea of what you should be asking.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrothers View Post
    I'm sorry to say that you will never sell at that price.
    I recommend you check mcoupebuyersguide.com to get an idea of what you should be asking.
    It is on mcoupebuyersguide & feel free to read his comments, thanks for your input though. Im in no hurry to sell it whatsoever & if someone has a reasonable offer id consider it…not entertaining any "lowballers"

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    "lowball offer" is relative... so can you define it a little bit more? Fwiw .. there are about 8 cars out there that you're competing with that I'd consider over yours because you're asking for more than half of them and the other half that are asking a little more... present a much greater value.

If you're serious about selling... you may have to reconsider the price but at the end of the day the owner calls the shots

Good luck.
    Last edited by RickySixx6; 11-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.

My Cars
    e46 m3 / turbo brick
    If the title was clean it would be tempting. Best of luck

There are no bad questions, just impatient people with answers

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RickySixx6 View Post
    "lowball offer" is relative... so can you define it a little bit more? Fwiw .. there are about 8 cars out there that you're competing with that I'd consider over yours because you're asking for more than half of them and the other half that are asking a little more... present a much greater value.

If you're serious about selling... you may have to reconsider the price but at the end of the day the owner calls the shots

Good luck.
    By "lowball" I mean I've been offered $6k from some craigslist dreamers, hence me putting "fairly firm" in the listing. Feel free to send an offer if you're interested, I'm not really in any rush to sell it but as of now its a 3rd car. I could use the garage space & id like to dump some money into my CLS55 & get it as close to 600hp as I can…selling the M, funds the new monster.

Quote Originally Posted by attrack View Post
    If the title was clean it would be tempting. Best of luck
    Title "issue" doesn't bother me, I had looked at a couple Coupes with clear titles that were in horrendous condition. Sad the insurance company "totaled" this car but it is what it is & Thanks! Now the repairs on the car are all OEM parts, I'm not one to cut corners(ocd's a mofo) & I've been as upfront as I can be about listing the car…I try my best to tell it exactly like it is. Aside from that I try to avoid all aftermarket if possible. Honestly I regret putting Umnitza lights in it but I wanted angel eyes but thats still something I can be changed fairly easily.
    Last edited by ILowNslowI; 11-17-2013 at 11:23 PM.

My Cars
    e46 m3 / turbo brick
    I didn't see anything about any insurance inspection. Did you do any of that?

There are no bad questions, just impatient people with answers

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by attrack View Post
    I didn't see anything about any insurance inspection. Did you do any of that?
    Car has to be inspected by the state of Texas after rebuilding. It passed, has current inspection & registration & I'm insured with Progressive with full coverage.

Posted some new pics in OG post.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Price adjust bump

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    With so much of the car needing paint/body work, why not just have all of it repainted? If it had a perfect body, that could get you closer to your asking price.

But it seems odd to me that a large portion of the car would be painted and the mirror bases are flaking/chalky.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    With so much of the car needing paint/body work, why not just have all of it repainted? If it had a perfect body, that could get you closer to your asking price.

But it seems odd to me that a large portion of the car would be painted and the mirror bases are flaking/chalky.
    Im not sure what you mean by "so much of the car", the hood took the grunt of the impact. Hatch could have been repaired, but I replaced as OEM quality would be better then any repair.

Hood, hatch & bumper repainted. Personally id rather keep original paint on a car as long as I can & that goes for any vehicle. No body shop can touch OEM quality paint & besides, the guy who detailed it did an amazing job!!! Just the drivers side mirror base is textured & chalky, no paint flaking.

I don't see anything "odd" about the car, listing, pics, description, etc. Ive been very upfront about everything I know about the car but ill be more then happy to clarify any other questions. Cars posted on HoustonImports.com also & I've had a couple of vouches if anyone wishes to take a gander.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by ILowNslowI View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by "so much of the car", the hood took the grunt of the impact. Hatch could have been repaired, but I replaced as OEM quality would be better then any repair.

Hood, hatch & bumper repainted. Personally id rather keep original paint on a car as long as I can & that goes for any vehicle. No body shop can touch OEM quality paint & besides, the guy who detailed it did an amazing job!!! Just the drivers side mirror base is textured & chalky, no paint flaking.

I don't see anything "odd" about the car, listing, pics, description, etc. Ive been very upfront about everything I know about the car but ill be more then happy to clarify any other questions. Cars posted on HoustonImports.com also & I've had a couple of vouches if anyone wishes to take a gander.
    I am sure the car is in fine condition, but I think what he meant was there were several areas that looked like they will need to be repaired. The sagging rear bumper near the point of impact from original accident, the cracking paint on door mirror, and rust spots which will require painting, as well as the torn up seats. These things would affect the price of a clean titled coupe, but on one with a rebuilt title they serve as an extra detriment. I am pretty sure no disrespect was meant, but keep in mind people are just trying to help out in some way by giving input on what they feel is clearly a bit overpriced.

You might get your asking price, there are no concrete rules, but I can only tell you my reaction to seeing a rebuilt title, and then some of the pics, honestly I would not be interested in your car, especially at that price range. You either have to find the right kind of buyer, or it has to be in a price range that people will ignore the physical blemishes. My buddy sold his 98 M roadster for around 5k last year, with 155k on the clock, and outside of the crack in the rear bumper the rest of the outside was pristine. Interior was a bit rough, but title was clean. I understand coupes generate much more than a roadie, but the reality of the situation is, if people's first reactions are that it seems quite a bit overpriced, it probably might be. I don't want to venture to guess what a truly fair asking price is, but you could gauge it by the amount of interest your current price is generating. It is definitely not priced to move though.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    ...Im in no hurry to sell it whatsoever & if someone has a reasonable offer id consider it…
    Just throwing this back out there & its on eBay OBO as well. I have addresses the gap on pass side rear, looks much better now. Again I bought the car as a project/toy just to give me something to do in my free time(and I've always love these cars). You can't compare a roadster with 155k to a coupe with 98k, significantly different vehicles. I would NEVER buy a roadster or even consider one, nice cars but not for me & I'm sure I speak for a number of coupe owners.

Im not advertising the car as perfect or anywhere near perfect…hence hi-res pics of everything including "the bad". The car is a 99 & shows typical wear for a for a 15yr old car. I drive it, it runs & handles great, looks good, people have no clue what it is for the most part & when they do the go ape shit over it. This is a car you drive, have fun with & keep bringing it back to its 100% glory. I still tinker with it but my AMG is now the new demon.
    Last edited by ILowNslowI; 12-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    11k takes it.
    Last edited by ILowNslowI; 01-12-2014 at 12:00 PM.

My Cars
    N/A
    Worth 8-10k with all of the interior, exterior, mechanical and title issues.

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
    Worth 8-10k with all of the interior, exterior, mechanical and title issues.
    I agree here. I sold a 1 of 10 evergreen/dbo with a clean title and less work needed for 9200 earlier this year... Best of luck on the sale, there are buyers everywhere...

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    bumpage…cars got a fresh coat of wax as of last friday(check out last weeks FotoFriday)

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Price update...

If someone wants the interior redone I was quoted $950 for suede headliner & redoing the seats entirely(suede/leather combo on seats) or $850 oem style headliner & all leather seats

My Cars
    e30 m3, 99 M Roady
    Price update...

If someone wants the interior redone I was quoted $950 for suede headliner & redoing the seats entirely(suede/leather combo on seats) or $850 oem style headliner & all leather seats
    sounds like a pretty great price for that work

My Cars
    Trade your seats for some regular roadster seats and my stock headlights for your umnitzas

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAz3M View Post
    sounds like a pretty great price for that work
    Their shops work is outstanding, he did a suede headliner in my previous GS & my old s2000(seats & hard top headliner)

Quote Originally Posted by Daily 740 View Post
    Trade your seats for some regular roadster seats and my stock headlights for your umnitzas
    ill have to pass…thanks anyway.

My Cars
    N/A
    ill have to pass…thanks anyway.
    Bad call. Those Sonar headlights are jank.

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
    Bad call. Those Sonar headlights are jank.
    Thanks?

Car is pending a deal this weekend

My Cars
    S54 M-Coupe
    Sold…please lock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast