Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CES Motorsport GTX35R turbo E36 M3 hits 697.78whp/720.71wtq.

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3

CES Motorsport GTX35R turbo E36 M3 hits 697.78whp/720.71wtq.

Decided to push our GTX35R kit harder today... 697.78whp/720.71wtq @ 32psi peak - SAE CORRECTED NUMBERS... Some wheelspin from 4-5500k rpm, but still put down good power! Time for some port work on the head and better cams to increase flow up top...

CES GTX3582R T3 Turbo system
    Built motor
    Stock ports on head with supertech valvetrain.
    100 octane and 50/50 meth
    3.5in exhaust
    AA tuning stock OBD1 ECU 60# injectors

And for those interested in STD CORRECTION #'s.....

The CES Motorsport Team.

My Cars
    none
    This was a fun car way back when that looks good!

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    This was a fun car way back when that looks good!
    Thanks Colbs! Haha yeah it's been fun. Ready to break our track record from last year... Another 25whp and 70wtq should help from where it was before...

Full interior stock body 95 M3 weighing in at 3120 lbs w/o driver and 275/17 hoosiers in the rear on stock 17" 95 bmw wheels.

Here's another dyno comparison from our best dyno last year at about 27-28psi peak... Notice the flow restriction is identical up top...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Out of Service
    What fuel pump, meth system, meth nozzle size and how many, engine build details (at least what bore, crank, cams and compression), and what MAF?

Those numbers are more than impressive. Any plans to load up the trunk with weight and get a dyno without the wheel spin through peak torque?
    Last edited by cragg56; 11-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.

My Cars
    6465 328ti
    ^^^803 maf and walbro 400....Motor is a stock forged comp s52 w/cut ring HG according to his thread last year
    Last edited by e30kid89; 11-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.

My Cars
    cub scout
    Quote Originally Posted by e30kid89 View Post
    ^^^803 maf and walbro 400....Motor is a stock forged comp s52 w/cut ring HG according to his thread last year
    The "Walbro" 400 seems to be carrying it's weight here recently.

Good numbers C.E.S.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    I gotta get me some race gas!

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    none
    I don't remember what setting or hardware this car had when I was in it but it was moving back then! Also, he took my sister for her first ride in someone else's turbo M3, I think she was scared lol!

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    I don't remember what setting or hardware this car had when I was in it but it was moving back then! Also, he took my sister for her first ride in someone else's turbo M3, I think she was scared lol!
    Feels like that was forever ago I think the car was making around 500-550wheel back then... and was running the GT35R not GTX and 3in exhaust around 18-20psi... I could actually still drive it on street tires. Only way it's driveable on the street now is with the toyo proxes r888's keeping it to the ground. I've been able to cut a 1.68 sec 60' with them at the strip. Very impressed with their grip.
    Last edited by jgcm3; 11-01-2013 at 10:09 PM.

My Cars
    '97 M3
    What do you have to do to get the 275/40-17 Hoosier drag radials to fit in the back?

Sent from my GTX3582R
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by e30kid89 View Post

Yesir! What he said and just to recap a few more details ...

Meth system is actually an old labonte kit running off boost not idc... single M10 or M12 nozzle I believe, changed from dual nozzle setup bc of too much meth spray... running 50/50 boost juice on 100 octane from gas stations here in NC 5/8" rubber fuel feed line (just slightly larger than stock) from single walbro 400 to stock fuel rail and regulator, 60# Siemens Deka injectors, For sure fuel setup at its limits, but wanted to see how far we can actually push it before taking it to the next level... NGK irridium plugs... . 803 maf as stated with Active Auto remote tuned stock ecu...

Engine was an S50 3.0L stroked to 3.2L 87mm bore built with stock compression wiseco pistons, chromoly rods, knife edged S52 crank and elgin turbo cams with supertech valvetrain. Can't remember if valves were oversized or not, but its a stock head, no porting. Steedspeed T3 manifold, GTX3582R turbo, precision 46mm wastegate to our 3.5" dp and full exhaust. Old style Cutring hg copper spacer combo dropped compression down to about 9:1 to 9:5:1... Motor has been in the car over 8 years so I'm a little rusty on every little detail but that should cover most of the setup

Had two 7 series diffs, a full KW suspension kit in box a steed manifold and turbo and a tire in the trunk lol Boost just hits very hard even with gain turned all the way down on boost controller.. Running an old Greddy profec b boost controller still too haha... and had Toyo R888's mounted on 18's in the rear and still spun a bit. Very impressed how well the kit is still performing after developing it almost 7 years ago to what it's progressed to today and numbers it's producing. Especially with all the old tech on it compared to what we set our newer builds up with now... No eboost2, no aquamist meth kit, no ss fuel lines or billet fuel rail or aftermarket fpr, no port job on cylinder head or custom cams, and still using stock intake manifold and throttle body... Very curious to see what our new ported heads will do to pick up power up top. Considering what SM3's car did at our Showdown with the new motor and ported head 682whp/599wtq at only 19.6 psi peak with his CES stg4 GT4094R setup and Nick G. obd 2 stock ecu tune, I want to see what it would do for the 35R. He should be posting a nice build thread soon, and we'll follow up with details on our ported head setup and a few more goodies in the works.

Car has our fully built drivetrain with dss 1000hp driveshaft, CES subframe with 7 series diff conversion and still on stock m3 axles... and the weakest link... stock tranny. UUC twin disc clutch holding at this level with 1.6 sec 60' launches at +5k rpm at the dragstrip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    What do you have to do to get the 275/40-17 Hoosier drag radials to fit in the back?

Sent from my GTX3582R
    Fenders are rolled as much as you can and put stock springs in the back to raise the car enough to handle 275's. Have bilstein sport shocks all around.

My Cars
    Out of Service
    Thanks for all the information and more than fully answering all my questions.

I'm stunned that 803 MAF is doing work like that. Awesome results though. Also goes to show that the cutring and copper spacer really can handle some abuse.

Just out of curiosity, were AFRs logged?

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by cragg56 View Post
    Thanks for all the information and more than fully answering all my questions.

I'm stunned that 803 MAF is doing work like that. Awesome results though. Also goes to show that the cutring and copper spacer really can handle some abuse.

Just out of curiosity, were AFRs logged?
    Oops, yes I did... Just now saw I did gear ratio instead for the original graphs posted haha.... I've attached another graph that plots afrs.... Good afrs and low 11's up top... Car having wheelspin from 4k-5500k throws off the afrs a little in that area...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Awesome! I love it. I just don't know how you have enough fuel. I would swore 2 nozzles for sure. How large is a m10 or m12 nozzle?

Are you worried about the higher 12s right before peak torque?
    Last edited by BadBoostedBmwM3; 11-01-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    CES Stage 3 Turbo M3
    Awesome! I love it. I just don't know how you have enough fuel. I would swore 2 nozzles for sure. How large is a m10 or m12 nozzle?

Are you worried about the higher 12s right before peak torque?
    M12 equals 12 GPH @ 100psi (756ml or cc/min). Running more like 920-1000cc/min...when you account for pump pressure and boost... Prob could run a little more meth now, but I'm also running 100 octane, not 93 which helps lessen the need for more meth injection. "In general", you can usually run the equivalent boost and timing of a 100 octane tune with pump gas and a 50/50 mix of water methanol. Afrs are not as bad as the seem plotted on graph since wheelspin does throw that measurement off and is happening exactly where the dyno is showing wheelspin occurring...

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Great Grandmother's Cadillac!

Thank you so much for all of the extremely detailed information. This is close to the best m/s50 based motor dyno I have ever seen. The torque! Oh the torque!

I would LOVE to see you swap to Schrick cams and do this again to see the difference. Not so sure regarding Elgin regrinds. I have them and I am not too sure they help much.

It doesn't hurt that this car is sick as well with ACS wheels, BBK, etc.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    What would be the expected power output/boost with just 93 octane?
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    E30
    Hey Ces Motorsports nice build and i was just wondering if u would be intererested in this custom fuel rail throttle body and custom intake manifold bought it but will not be use ing thanks Nd let me no

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWManiac View Post
    This ^^^^?
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    Who is going to risk running 32 psi on one of these motors on just pump gas? How high boost is it safe to run on straight 93 octane given the restrictive turbine housing of the GTX3582R that increases back pressure, increases EGT and increases likelihood of detonation? 24 psi and maybe 650 rwhp?

My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters Stoch View Post
    This ^^^^?
    What does that mean

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDREADY347 View Post
    What does that mean
    He wants an answer to the question he quoted.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    To ask the same question in a different form would be....
    How much power and torque is gained by adding the 100 octane? Hypotheticaly would the same power/torque be achieved on 93 only?
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
    How high boost is it safe to run on straight 93 octane
    I have wondered this ? myself. Maybe John or Nick could chime in.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast