I have an 08 335i which I bought as a cpo car from the local dealer, Jackie Cooper BMW in OKC. They have identified the broken bolt lying under my car as one of ten that hold the bell housing to the engine.

The dealer says BMWNA says while the drivetrain is under the extended waaranty, the defective aluminum stretch bolt is not and they will not fix it. They said not to worry as there are nine more bolts holding the bellhousing and transmission to the engine. This is a high tensile aluminum stretch bolt 3 inches long and 1/2 thick. Never mind that IT broke, they neither know nor care why, and it's cousins now have to shoulder its load. Also will look good when I try to trade it in huh? and no, to my knowledge the bellhousing has never been removed and these are one time use bolts anyway.

To break it has to be defective or it has to be over torqued, either way at the hands of BMW alone.

Going to have to read my warranty carefully before I call BMWNA I guess.

Also the cats are bad and the battery cable has been recalled. Add that to the previous visits for 4 flat tires, 2 HPFP's, 2 sets of injectors, a melted fuse block, and a bad waterpump inside of 66k miles so no, it has not been very reliable.

They also want to charge me $550 to reset the brake pad warnings because they have to replace the new brake sensors I installed with BMW sensors before they will touch it. Kinda of understand that one other than they will replace it if I put all the stock stuff back on.I would have been happy if they just replaced the sensors reset it, and called it even on the scheduled maintenance.

I love it but I want to throw it and the dealer out the as far as I can.