Thread: E90 330i automatic 6speed 1/4 mile

My Cars
    E90 330i

E90 330i automatic 6speed 1/4 mile

Being curious what my car would do on the 1/4 mile, I decided to hit the drag strip, this was pretty much my first time, so first run was kind of stressed....

Thought I would share the times I pulled, here it goes:

330i E90 automatic 6 speed
    k&n drop in

Best 1/4

best 60ft with passanger, I've actually lowered tire pressure before this run, not bad 14.5 with a passanger

So in summary the car performed as expected, meaning kind of slow from a start, but once it passes the 1/8 mile it does pretty good (see difference between 1/8 versus between 1/8 and the 1/4 on the first pic).

I wont lie saying I would of wished to be closer to 14's flat, however I'll get a tune under shortly and hoping to improve the starts as well, although a 2.2 is quite ok for an auto.

My Cars
    hybrid
    Did you load the torque converter? That's better then I expected honestly. If you didn't load it, I bet you could cut the 60ft to 2.0-2.1 and run low 14's
    Alpha-N ///M - Youtube

My Cars
    E90 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by OnUrleft View Post
    Did you load the torque converter? That's better then I expected honestly. If you didn't load it, I bet you could cut the 60ft to 2.0-2.1 and run low 14's
    If loading the torque converter means breaking while giving gaz to keep the revs up before starting, then yes I did that, however this was my first time so I'm sure I can improve on the starts, also very important I was running around 38-39psi on the rear tires, excluding the last run where I ran 2.233 60ft see above, with a passanger (reason why I only hit 14.5 eventhough it was the best 60ft of the night), so I'm guessing no passanger, a little bit of practice and lower pressure in the rear tires could get me to a 2.1, 2.0 would be pushing it, but I'll try