Thread: FS: BMW 2001 M Coupe Sapphire Black on Black

My Cars
    Fiesta ST

FS: BMW 2001 M Coupe Sapphire Black on Black

For sale is my 2001 BMW M Coupe. It's one of 678 built and one of 66 in this configuration. I've only owned this for 6 months, and it was (and maybe still is) my intention to export this to Belgium when I move back home. However, to do that, I will need to put the car on a ship for a month, and then leave it stored for another 3-6 months for the importation process. I don't know if I'm ready to do that. If it were easier or if I would be staying here for longer I wouldn't even think of selling it. Plus the law over there just changed making it more interesting for me to import a 25 year or older car.

The car is in top notch condition to do what it was intended to do, that is being driven.

Specs:

2001 BMW M Coupe (E36/8)
    Sapphire Black on Black/Black
    Sunroof
    S54B32 engine
    5-speed ZF gearbox
    3.15 stock differential
    63xxx miles (and climbing a little every day)
    VIN on request
    Clean AZ Title

All stock except for:

-Randy Forbes single ear differential mount and trunk floor reinforcement, convertable to dual ear. I did the single ear mount to keep the car as stock looking as possible when importing it. I have the dual ear mounts that can be welded in.
    -OE euro headers, Original parts included
    -Custom Performance midpipe with HJS200-cell cats (no CEL, post-cat sensors and EGT sensor still on car and operating). Original midpipe included.
    -Epic Motorsports S54 tune. 8000rpm,and the pedal feel is day and night improved vs the stock pedal. I actually worked with them and went through 4 different tunes before I was happy. Have original ECU file saved.
    -Fikse FM10s, 18x8.5 et38 and 18x10et19 with a 12mm spacer. Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in 245/35r18 and 265/35r18 with less than 1000 miles. The wheels were used when I bought them, I had two barrels repaired by AZTrueWheel and polished the lips myself. So they do not look show-ready. One center is a little scratched. Stock Shadowline Roadstars with used but still driveable Michelin Pilot A/S tires in stock sizes included with car.

Recent maintenance (in the last 6months)

Done by Randy Forbes in FL:
    -Subframe Reinforcement with OEM differential bushing
    -Coated set of rod bearings installed
    -Seat bushings done

This work is all documented in a gallery on Randy's site. There is evidence of repairs in the rear right trunk floor, but that was done correctly.

Done by Alex Vaughan in Tempe, AZ:
    -Detent pins and shifter bushings replaced
    -New Sachs OEM clutch and throwout bearing installed with original flywheel done “while we're in here”

DIY:
    Clutch line replaced with a Zionsville SS line
    Brakes and clutch fluid flushed with ATE Blue fluid

Items that keep it from being a showcar:

-Front bumper has some rockchipping/pitting
    -Door ding in driver side door (from PO)
    -Scratches on rear bumper below hatch and just behind driver side door
    -Slight wear on the driver's side bolster

I've basically fixed everything I thought was not optimal on the car when I bought it. There are still some fasteners missing in the trunk, but everything I do now is detail improvement. The big things should be taken care of for the next decade of driving. The only mayor thing I haven't tackled yet is a valve adjustment, but the motor runs very quiet for an s54. I think all the work done more than justifies the price.

I don't need to sell the car, and possibly I will just import it despite the amount of paperwork and waiting that that will cause. So while I may be very slightly negotiable I don't know that it's going to be much. Trades are probably a no-go except for maybe a Porsche 911 G50 Carrera Coupe or an original 2002 (cash on your side in both cases).

Sold

Pictures:

Link to more pictures: http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/st...rary/M%20Coupe

I included some pictures of the scratched wheel center, the original wheels and the paint imperfections. The scratches on the Fikse are not easily repairable because of the machining.

Do not hesitate to contact me for specific picture requests!

Email me at <myusername> at google
    Last edited by tttoon; 04-26-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: price lowered

My Cars
    GTI/M Coupe/Targa4/912
    All the best 'mods' and car looks beautiful. GLWS, hope she goes to a great home.

My Cars
    Fiesta ST
    Bump, added roadstars only purchase price: 31k.

My Cars
    Fiesta ST
    Bump, added email to original post.

My Cars
    Fiesta ST
    Bump, more pictures in linked gallery.

My Cars
    Fiesta ST
    Price lowered

My Cars
    R32 GTS-4, E30 325i
    Beautiful car. If you sell the Fikse wheels separate I'd be interested!
    2000 M Coupe. Totaled 04/10/15

1990 E30 325i

1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-4

My Cars
    Fiesta ST
    Car is sold, complete package. Off to Quebec.

My Cars
    GTI/M Coupe/Targa4/912
    Congrats to you and the new owner! Hopefully it went to a good home.