Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All good things must come to an end...

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan

Unhappy All good things must come to an end...

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves; essentially, stuff happens. For those out there who will ask or need to know for whatever personal reason; no I was not excessively speeding, no I was not aggressively driving. What I do know is that something in the rear failed, throttle appeared to have gotten at least partially stuck and I smacked a median at about 55-60, but importantly I walked away from this basically injury free since my car thankfully sacrificed itself to save me from serious harm.

12 hours prior

Then the unexpected happened.

A select few of you have heard from me, but insurance matters were essentially settled today. So this is the official goodbye thread to the M coupe world for a while as I will be moving on; another shoe would never be the same to me so I will leave on a high note. I may return one day, but it won't be for a while.

She will forever be remembered... my first true automotive love, I will miss you! RIP

There will be part out thread coming sometime probably this weekend, obviously there is a lot of stuff potentially up for grabs, but I am in no rush to sell anything. The emotional pain is enough at this point, let alone having to rip her apart for the next few weekends.

I may not really even respond to this thread, but thank you ahead of time to everyone I have made close friends with over the years, and also to those acquaintances that I will still be in touch with. Be safe out there everyone!

Coupe Cartel Forever!

-Ken- ~Z3speed4me~

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    99 M coupe

My Cars
    M Coupe, M3/4/5, E30
    Holy )(*&@)#$&^@)*&#^@)@)$%!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooo!!!! WTF is going on. Ken, I'm so sorry man. Glad you are okay. I can feel your pain as I type. Please keep us posted what you get and stick around the Z3 area. Our cars may bring us together, but this community is all about the people.
    Cloudbase aka Alex
    Life on the Lee-Side BLOG, Hang Gliding YouTube Channel

My Cars
    E90 M3 / Z4M Coupe

Glad you were okay though! Like you said, that's the important thing. Hopefully you find yourself in another clown shoe again one day!

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5

I knew this was coming from your posts. I can't believe it.

The important part is you walked away from it.

Also, thank you for sharing with the community. I know this hurts to have to relive it for us. But the pictures do show us a lot about how these cars can protect us. Thank you for not posting it on April fools.
    Last edited by MDICTED; 04-02-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    I am so, so sorry to read this, Ken. Thanks for your contributions and good luck.

Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Man it sucked to hear this. It's even worse to look at it. RIP. Too many cars lost this year y'all, please no more.

My Cars
    E368 / E30 M3 / 997 GT2
    Too much of this happening lately, but the important thing is that you walked away.

My Cars
    03 M3 z3M
    I'm still in shock that this happened . Didn't want to believe you when you texted me. The good part is that you walked away with no serious injuries.

You know you will be back, sooner than you think!

My Cars
    99 M Coupe, 02 Z3 2.5
    For the second time in 2 days, honestly, my sincere condolences. Glad you are ok.
    1999 M Coupe Boston Green, Beige, H&R/Bilsteins, Underdrive Pulleys, Euro 6 speed, UUC SSK and Randy Forbes in the back
    2002 2.5 Z3 roadster Oxford Green, auto, all stock
    2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually 385 HP, 850 ft lbs torque at 1600 rpm, all stock and staying that way
    2004 Mini Cooper Chili Red, daily driver, modified almost daily

My Cars
    '99 Estoril CP, '97 Z3
    Ken,

Once again, sorry for your loss.

Ulas

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Sorry to see this happen bro. I was hoping to see your car in person at one of the Cars and Croissants meets. As long as you're ok physically it's ok. Mentally though, it will probably take some more time. But you know what to do with any new car you get. Good luck on what comes next. Can't wait to see it.

My Cars
    2002 Z3, Pathfinder(R50)
    I am so very sorry this happened. We get attached to these cars and I could feel your sadness in your post. Like the others have said, the most important thing is that you are ok.

My Cars
    GTI/M Coupe/Targa4/912
    Wow, that was a big hit! Thank God you are still with us and walked away. So sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you are going through

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    damn, this has been a terrible week for estoril coupes, lets hope this is the last because we have lost two excellent examples.

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    So sorry to hear this but I'm glad you're ok. Stay positive.
    -Phil

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Even though known about it the past couple of weeks, the pics still suck to see.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    99 Mcoupe
    Wow, I'm really glad you're okay.

And I hope you re-consider leaving the forum..
    You've been a great member, coupe or no, it would be terrible to lose you.

My Cars
    Audi B8.5 S4
    Ugh. Sorry to hear it, Ken. Though I never got to meet you, I did read your posts and enjoyed your contributions. Stay safe, and keep us apprised on what's next for you.

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Damn, what a shock!! That car was such a beast; I know you talked about going FI forever and now this crap happens?!?

At least you have a lot of great memories and awesome shots of the car! Something to hold on to. Give it some time and I'm sure you'll find your second love!

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    01 M Coupe
    Dang. Condolences, and glad you're OK.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, Z4M, E90 M3
    Damn, that sucks Ken. I can't imagine how emotional you are about it right now, you didn't even get to enjoy the new setup for a while

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2019 F31
    Damn, sorry to hear/see your Coupe wrecked. I know it's easy to say but cars -while important to us- are merely objects and are far less important than our family and our health. You made it out unscathed and the Coupe protected you from physical injury very well.

Time heals most all emotional damage and I'm sure you will be back in another Coupe in the very near future mayn.

-2023 Honda Odyssey Elite
    -2019 F31 Individual (M-Sport, Prem, Exec, Track)
    -2004 Honda CRV
    -2002 S54 M Coupé

My Cars
    02 MC, 01 MR, 99 Z3C
    I was waiting for "the other shoe to drop" (c'mon someone had to post that) after seeing your comment in mpire's wreck thread. I echo the sentiments that bottom line, you survived unscathed. I keep reminding myself of that when I think back about hitting the deer in the LSB last year. Your coupe will live on forever in your heart and memory as well as on all the calendars, websites, and screensavers that your car is displayed on. Your great photography skills elevated your car to an art piece.

Take your time. There are other coupes out there. Maybe you can save a special tactile piece of this one, a shift knob or a seat, and transfer it to your next car. It might help keep the flame alive.

Peace
    Last edited by KBH22102; 04-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Kelvin

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    So sorry to see this. Another big loss to the community. So glad you were able to walk away. My condolences.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast