Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with pricing my 2001 PY M Coupe

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe

Help with pricing my 2001 PY M Coupe

Haven't been here in ages but I see this forum is still very active which is great to see. I haven't had much time to enjoy my coupe over the past couple of years due to commuting and work schedule so I'm looking to sell but could use some help with pricing. I've checked the M Coupe Buyer's Guide which has helped some.

I even went to the dealer and they are only offering 9-10K trade on a new car.

Here is some info about the car and recent service:

• I purchased CPO in 2004 and the car had 39,000 miles. It now has 92,300 miles.
    • Overall condition of the car is good with good paint. Wheels have usual dings and scrathches given age.
    • When I purchased the car there was nothing that indicated any accidents but we found out a door and front quarter panel was repainted. With this repair, 2 wheels on that side were replaced but with the pre-2001 non-shadow wheels
    • Somebody backed into me a few years ago which resulted in new hood, bumber and lights so front end repainted
    • TCK S/A coilover installed around 45K
    • Subframe repair also done at 45K by Mr M. car in NJ
    • At 80K, valve adjustment, oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket changed. Antifreeze/coolant flushed/changed and brake fluid flushed/changed.
    • Oil changed every 5K
    • Still has original clutch
    • Brakes not changed since I bought it
    • Recently dealer looked over car and said front control arms and bushings should be replace due to wear and lose steering over bumps

I'd be happy to get between 16-17K. Does that sound like a reasonable price? Thanks!

A couple of pics:

lbpycoupeb.jpglbpycoupea.jpg

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    When you checked the Mcoupebuyersguide did you happen to notice the typical price for S54 coupes? If you're happy to get half of that, by all means sell it to me....

Seriously though, change those 1s before the 6 and 7 to 2s and now your'e sounding a lot more reasonable.
    Last edited by robrez; 03-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    For the right owner, that color could make a big difference. at 16-17 thats probably a great value given everything you've mentioned has been handled properly and the car doesn't look like a basket case. (you didn't mention condition of the interior)

My guess though is you could ask for more money if you're willing to be more patient. PM me if you want more info.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Sent you a PM requesting contact info.

aprses at. gmail. dot. com.

Thanks.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    I hear you...the closet one I found for sale with similar miles is a blue one with 90k miles and asking 19K but that seems to have been listed for quite some time.

I also saw on ther a 2001 with 97K miles that sold for 14K.

I'd rather see this car go to someone who would appreciate it and not trade it in and only receive 9K. I'm not looking to make a ton of money here, I'd rather price it to have a quicker sale which is why I was thinking 16-17K. Heck, I'd take 15K.

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    HA!!! check your GMAIL !!!!! LOL GIFT from GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by hexagone View Post
    Sent you a PM requesting contact info.

aprses at. gmail. dot. com.

Thanks.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by beaghost View Post
    I hear you...the closet one I found for sale with similar miles is a blue one with 90k miles and asking 19K but that seems to have been listed for quite some time.

I'd rather see this car go to someone who would appreciate it and not trade it in and only receive 9K. I'm not looking to make a ton of money here, I'd rather price it to have a quicker sale which is why I was thinking 16-17K. Heck, I'd take 15K.
    My inbox was full. Can you please resend contact info??

Thanks!

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    15k ???? If Hexagone doesn't wire you money for that car within 48 hours I'll buy it at 15k site unseen.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by RickySixx6 View Post
    15k ???? If Hexagone doesn't wire you money for that car within 48 hours I'll buy it at 15k site unseen.
    Hexagone is patiently awaiting response.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Thank you for trying to find it a good home rather than trading it in. I'm sure there are lots of people on here that would love to have it. Even with it's history, I think it'd be a great deal. If I could talk my wife into phoenix yellow I'd be after it too . In this case, I vote for hexagone.
    Last edited by jrmartin03; 03-22-2013 at 11:29 AM.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    E368 / E30 M3 / 997 GT2

My Cars
    Z3M, X5M
    I'm sure you'll find a good home for it here. Wish I could get this.
    I don't see this being up for sale long
    -Phil

My Cars
    M3, MZ3, 348TS, Chevelle
    *Hoping* whomever gets it keeps it and cares for it, and doesn't just flip it.

BMW M3 - Ferrari 348 - Chevrolet Chevelle

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by robrez View Post
    When you checked the Mcoupebuyersguide did you happen to notice the typical price for S54 coupes? If you're happy to get half of that, by all means sell it to me....
    Wut's all this about Hexagone? I thought I had dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsablurr View Post
    *Hoping* whomever gets it keeps it and cares for it, and doesn't just flip it.
    You mean like Hexagone, the "coupe hustler"? The only thing he flips faster than coupes is RS wheels.

I kid I kid. Good luck Hex.

My Cars
    Yellow Pants

Hey Larry,

Thanks for taking your time to talk to me, you should check your paypal.

Looking forward to getting the car. This is great.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2002 M3
    The $14k one must have been salvage title or a real basketcase.

I think the color is a big advantage for you- it's a rare color and some people will want it just for that.

I tried selling my car a couple years ago and all I got was ridiculous offers from shady people for the most part. That was a '01 with 92k that I wanted $17k for, stock, no paintwork, clean Carfax. I think you can ask more than that because it's Phoenix Yellow. Mine is black/black.

I would ask $22k in today's market and close at around $20k. The only tough thing is that with a 12 yr. old car, most banks will not finance the car unless you're Tier 1 credit and will do it on a personal loan basis at a pretty high interest rate. I know that some banks will finance the car, as I've looked at some vintage Ferraris and it's not a problem as long as they don't think it's too much money (valuation usually based on NADA value).

My Cars
    M3, MZ3, 348TS, Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by robrez View Post
    Wut's all this about Hexagone? I thought I had dibs.

You mean like Hexagone, the "coupe hustler"? The only thing he flips faster than coupes is RS wheels.

I kid I kid. Good luck Hex.
    Yeah, well, one of my good friends has been wanting to get into the coupe community for a while now in a config like the above, which is why I say it would be a shame to go to a flipper. Believe he had emailed the OP a short bit ago.

*edit- looks like hex has it. good luck with the aquisition, you lucky bastard!
    Last edited by Itsablurr; 03-22-2013 at 12:03 PM.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    With nearly 100k, I would say a selling price of $15-16k, asking of $18,500-19,500.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    :popcorn

I think that while our cars are worth the 25-30k we see cars sell for, it takes time and effort from the seller. You will have to deal with a lot of BS before you can get a deal for the premiums we all want.

Goodluck to Hex and any others that may get a great higher mileage S54 for <$20k!
    Last edited by MDICTED; 03-22-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin03 View Post
    Thank you for trying to find it a good home rather than trading it in. I'm sure there are lots of people on here that would love to have it. Even with it's history, I think it'd be a great deal. If I could talk my wife into phoenix yellow I'd be after it too . In this case, I vote for hexagone.
    Jon Martin knows exactly how much I've been wanting a car like this, we've had countless discussions about the right car for me.

It has taken 2 years and much work to get to this point.

My Cars
    Audi R8 V10 Plus [GATED]
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsablurr View Post
    Yeah, well, one of my good friends has been wanting to get into the coupe community for a while now in a config like the above, which is why I say it would be a shame to go to a flipper. Believe he had emailed the OP a short bit ago.

*edit- looks like hex has it. gl with the aquisition.

Are you talking about Eric?

- - - Updated - - -

Jon Martin knows exactly how much I've been wanting a car like this, we've had countless discussions about the right car for me.

6 star value if this thing turns out to be as advertised.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line

And much encouragement to hold out for the right one

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    M3, MZ3, 348TS, Chevelle
    Yup. Eric.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickySixx6 View Post

6 star value if this thing turns out to be as advertised.
    LOL, to put it mildly. I figured it would go quick in a matter of hours, but not a matter of minutes.

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe
    I looks like things are going to work out with Hex and I. I'm happy to see it go to an enthusiast as long as the comment above about flipping cars in not true - j/k.

My Cars
    E368 / E30 M3 / 997 GT2
    Looking forward to getting the car. This is great.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast