BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1988 BMW 735i/5 e32 manual

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5

1988 BMW 735i/5 e32 manual

CAR SOLD

EDIT:
    Fixed some things! Car now starts up right away without hesitation thanks to new fuel injectors. Heater valves replaced, however found out there is also no power going to the heater valves, and the servo motor brackets inside the aircon are broken, so that should be all that is required to get the aircon working!
    -------------------------------------------------------

So, unfortunately I need to sell the e32. Lost my job, and its gotta go. Looking to get $3500 out of it, though I am negotiable due to needing it gone ASAP. 170k miles, gray on black.

The Good:
    -Runs strong, shifts smoothly (just had shift bushings/linkage done)
    -Paint is in great condition, though has been repainted by P.O. (8/10)
    -Interior is in amazing condition (8/10)
    -Front suspension is almost brand new with some spare parts in trunk (all done and from P.O.)
    -Haven't had any issues with any leaks since I had my mechanic do some work on replacing gaskets on both engine and tranny. The car sits for weeks at a time at my dads right now, and no puddles under it at all that I've noticed.
    -Passes CA smog like a boss
    -All the windows work!
    -New Fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator
    -Have new fuel filter in trunk, along with new oil filter that I haven't put in yet (Mahn or Mayle, can't remember which)
    -New O2 Sensor
    -Tires are fair
    -Breaks in great shape
    -No slipping on clutch

The Bad:
    -Drivers side air not working. Broken servo brackets according to my mechanic and no power going to heater valves
    -Reverse lights stopped working.
    -Turn signals are intermittent. I've tried switching the relays, however it seems to persist meaning it is likely either a cluster issue, or the relay in the turn signal stalk. Not sure
    -Seats are not twisted right now, but do twist if adjusted too much.
    -Stereo was stolen out of car since before I got it
    -Sunroof needs adjusting. I have a spare motor sitting the in trunk in case it needs it.
    -Airbag light is on. P.O. had some hack job done on the airbag, disconnected it, and put tape over the Airbag light. I've put a replacement airbag and steering wheel on, and connected everything, but don't have the tool to reset the light, so the tape remains on it.

That is literally everything I can think of. Overall, it is a solid driver, and I think would be a great car to anyone looking for one who is willing to sort those things out. I have driven it on/off for a while now, and have no hesitation driving it for long periods of time myself.

Last edited by WolfStrong; 05-17-2013 at 07:06 AM.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    Bump: Dropped Price to $4300! I really need to get rid of this thing, so hit me up if your interested!

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    BUMP! Dropping the price to the lowest I can possibly go! $4000 takes it.

Seriously it is a great car, and will serve someone well; I just seriously need to get rid of it asap.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    Bump! Some new updates on car!

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    Dropped Price!!!!

My Cars
    1982 MB 380SEL
    Your car has been written up on DailyTurismo.com - GLWS!

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    Awesome! Thanks.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 535i/5
    Alright, you can close this. Car sold to a good guy; local mechanic who was a BMW fan, driving up in what I believe was an e12 528.