Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: E38 E39 M62/M62TU supercharger kit for sale

My Cars
    '98 E38 740IL, '01 740i
    I'm pretty sure his m62 isn't stock

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    TRPCHGE - '01 740i Black/Black 230k'ish - Power folding mirrors, Mk.IV Nav, 16:9, M-pars, Sport seats, Sport wheel, Steptronic, Euro rear fog switch, 2.50" X-Pipe, Shadowline, E53 4.6is Cluster, Lacewood interior, Chromeline, 3.15, Bilstein B6+H&R Stage II's. - SOLD 06/21

BSKCASE - '98 740il Arctic Silver/Black 175k'ish - Face-lifted, 3" Projectors, Shadowline, 01 Tails, Hydro Trunk, Sunshades, 750il Full interior retrofit, Sport Seats, Steptronic, Face-lift Steering Column, X5 Steering wheel, E53 4.6is Cluster, Euro E66 Piano black/Chrome Grab-handles, Chromeline, Suede Pillars/Headliner, Auto wipers/Lights, Lighted Handles interior/Exterior, Dual battery retrofit.

WIP: Custom Style 42 18x9.5" ET12, 18x10.5" ET8, 3.15 LSD Rear diff.

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    Actually it made about 680 at the crank.

And no fully forged 5.0 M62 (actually 4.941 but who's counting)

My Cars
    E60 550i
    for 2500 what does it come with exactly? Pm me
    Alpine E36 98 328i/5 - Sold
    Arctik E36 95 M3/2/5 - Sold
    Cosmos E36 98 M3/4/5 - Sold
    Boston E39 98 528i - Sold
    Cosmos E39 97 528i - Sold
    Cosmos E39 98 540i6M Sport- Sold
    Titanium E53 01 X5 3.0L - Current
    Titanium E60 05 545i Sport - Current
    Monaco E60 06 550i Sport - Current

My Cars
    1998 540i
    Interested if still for sale...

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    I have a gentleman making payments already....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Quote Originally Posted by sausrigging View Post
    I wish someone would make a ts based chargerkit!
    I think ess did for the n62
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercharger...ht_1710wt_1360

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard540 View Post
    I have a gentleman making payments already....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Assuming this is gone?
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    PERFORMANCE:JB4 w/ meth, stage 2 tune, wrapped downpipes, custom intake
    INTERIOR:AVIN 10.25" screen, Blackvue 550 dashcam, 7" tablet for JB4 logging
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci
    PERFORMANCE:Single mass flywheel, ///M3 clutch
    EXTERIOR:Z4///M staggered 18's, rolled fenders, tinted markers

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercharger...ht_1710wt_1360

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming this is gone?
    We are working on a super charger similar to this design. But far better. I almost purchased one of those. Glad I didn't.

And sorry but yes it is. Are you looking for an entire kit or piecing together your own?

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Define far better? I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these so I can have it before Bimmerfest in May. I've been reading up on Jaguar forums and they have great success getting power outta those vehicles, the Stage 2 kit uses the entire intake system form the Jaguar while the Stage 4 kit is a completely different manifold that he claims will give more topend power. The Eaton M112 itself (all all of it's variants) is a proven supercharger, it's even the same SC I removed from my Harley F150 before upgrading to a Kenne Bell. The only thing I'm concerned about with this kit is everything minus the supercharger...the FMU system, cooling, etc.

I'm not looking to piece anything together, I want a bolt-in and go system. I've been talking w/ the guy and worked out something to where he's going to include everything needed to swap this into my 98 740iL or my 01 X5...the biggest differences being the throttle bodies.
    Last edited by m5james; 01-28-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    EXTERIOR:Niche staggered 20's or AC Forged staggered 22's, H&R 2" suspension, LED AE, CF front splitter
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    PERFORMANCE:///M5 6spd swap, iron sleeves, L/W Teflon coated & silicone impregnated pistons, Sealed Power rings, 3 angle valvejob, P&P head, perf cams, electric fan, CF intake tube w/aluminium heatshield/wrapped MAF tubing, Magnaflow 14816'd, Eaton M112 in-work
    INTERIOR:Android Dynavin, hardwired V1 above rearview, 12" RE Audio DVC sub, MTX 81000D monoblock, CF silver trim, 5% tint
    EXTERIOR:///MPar staggered 19's, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, custom notched bumper, Shadowline trim, 750iL brakes w/ Axxis pads
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    Define far better? I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these so I can have it before Bimmerfest in May. I've been reading up on Jaguar forums and they have great success getting power outta those vehicles, the Stage 2 kit uses the entire intake system form the Jaguar while the Stage 4 kit is a completely different manifold that he claims will give more topend power. The Eaton M112 itself (all all of it's variants) is a proven supercharger, it's even the same SC I removed from my Harley F150 before upgrading to a Kenne Bell. The only thing I'm concerned about with this kit is everything minus the supercharger...the FMU system, cooling, etc.

I'm not looking to piece anything together, I want a bolt-in and go system. I've been talking w/ the guy and worked out something to where he's going to include everything needed to swap this into my 98 740iL or my 01 X5...the biggest differences being the throttle bodies.
    As in better its a higher quality full kit. A better intake design. Better flow rate, better supercharger then the Eaton M112 will ever be, "cleaner" in design, uses an 8 rib pulley system.

Now, having said all that I'll say this.... IF you have a stock (or stock ish) block, I would go with the kit you are already looking at. If you have a stock trans I would also use your current choice. And if you don't plan on over 550 HP use the Eaton kit.

The Eaton M112 (as you said) IS a proven super charger. It is however a proven cost effective method. That's why it is used In so many production vehicles. It is cheap, and fast to produce. So that leaves it lacking behind in a performance aspect. Being that it is a roots charger for one, versus a twin screw. Meaning as you know it will not be a positive displacement unit. Of course this is as you noted the same charger ford uses in many vehicles, Harley Davidson edition truck, lightning, SVT, and the ford GT. But you'll also notice they all remove them as you did ans replace with aftermarket. It just depends on what your needs are. (Or wants rather) lol

I did a lot of consideration on JG units. BUT given my power goal of 1000 HP, it just was not going to happen.

IF, you would like to speak to the gentleman who's company is producing my set up, just to have something else to look at and consider, contact me I'll get you in touch with him. He's UK bases also

And if you'd like here's this also,

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=2063123
    Last edited by Ballard540; 01-29-2014 at 06:04 AM.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i ///MSport
    Custom Twin Screw getting away from this laggy centrifugal I have lol
    Wow! Very interested in this! Do you have a build thread on this custom Twin Screw?
    2003 540iA///MSport
    Mods:

///M5 Automatic Folding Mirrors,
    ///M5 Rear view Mirror(Thanks to LaLaRay),
    ///M-Tech 1 Dual stage steering wheel (Thanks to tmvE39E53Z32TT),
    Old Style "Wolf Whistle" Alarm Siren,
    E38 18-Way Contour Seats (Thanks to GSXRliterbikz),
    E53 x5 4.6 Sport Cluster (Thanks to GSXRliterbikz),
    E38 center armrest with iPhone 4 craddle (Thanks to GSXRliterbikz),
    Slotted & Drilled Rotors with Stainless Steel Brake Lines,
    19" M Parallel wheels
    (Thanks to DennisCooper)
    Brushed Titanium Trim Vynil Wrap

My Cars
    99' 540/6

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    As in better its a higher quality full kit. A better intake design. Better flow rate, better supercharger then the Eaton M112 will ever be, "cleaner" in design, uses an 8 rib pulley system.

Now, having said all that I'll say this.... IF you have a stock (or stock ish) block, I would go with the kit you are already looking at. If you have a stock trans I would also use your current choice. And if you don't plan on over 550 HP use the Eaton kit.

The Eaton M112 (as you said) IS a proven super charger. It is however a proven cost effective method. That's why it is used In so many production vehicles. It is cheap, and fast to produce. So that leaves it lacking behind in a performance aspect. Being that it is a roots charger for one, versus a twin screw. Meaning as you know it will not be a positive displacement unit. Of course this is as you noted the same charger ford uses in many vehicles, Harley Davidson edition truck, lightning, SVT, and the ford GT. But you'll also notice they all remove them as you did ans replace with aftermarket. It just depends on what your needs are. (Or wants rather) lol

I did a lot of consideration on JG units. BUT given my power goal of 1000 HP, it just was not going to happen.

IF, you would like to speak to the gentleman who's company is producing my set up, just to have something else to look at and consider, contact me I'll get you in touch with him. He's UK bases also

And if you'd like here's this also,

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=2063123
    I completely understand what you're saying, and I agree. I replaced the stock Eaton 1.6l only because I got a killer deal on the KB 2.3l I purchased, but there are many guys on the Lightning/HD forums who are into the 11's using the Eaton pullied like crazy (with extensive cooling mods though), so I made the switch to the KB because I don't need to do all the extra mods (meth, killer chiller, etc) while being able to maintain their HP levels, quarter mile times and then still being able to daily drive the truck w/ the need to fill meth containers, yada yada yada. My goal was to have a 600+hp truck that I can still drive daily, won't require extra maintenance...but can light up most other cars on the street if need be.

In regards to the eBay kit, I'm hoping the experience my friend has will help me work out some of the things I don't like about the kit. Besides your power needs,what made you go away from it? Be detailed, I'm looking for as much informaion as possible as I've already worked out a deal on the price and paid for it. I realize some of the pieces are questionable at best...I'm really looking more into getting it installed, install a wideband to make sure it's safe to go WOT, etc and then trying to work out any kinks if may have after driving around on it and testing it. Eventually I'd like to install VF injectors from my buddies VF540 kit that he'll no longer be using and then get it all running through tuning just like the VF/Dinan kits w/o the need of the RRFPR.

Once I work out the kinks in this guys setup and I'm ready to push it more, I'll swap it onto my 740iL6 that's got a somewhat "built motor" that I got done through http://www.bavengine.com/engine.html using their "performance" option (built back when THEY did the work vs contracting it out (bottom right corner of the page)) and look into the usual tricks the L/HD guys do to the Eatons...port and polish, port matching, larger intercooler, smaller upper and/or larger lower, etc. If I really wanted to go wild on the Eaton, Steigmeier makes an adapter kit that'll use M122 blades that are custom made to fit into the M112 case, have more twist similar to a TS and then are hollow to make them lighter. As usual, all it takes is money...
    Last edited by m5james; 02-19-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Mind you these instructions contain old pics (you can see newer tubing and other design changes on current eBay adds) and is a VERY poor German to English translation, here are the installation instructions - http://static.daom.nl/e38_eaton112compressor.pdf I'v asked him for the German version to which I'll post also, then I'll have a friend translate it for me in person and see if we can post something more easily understood. Once my friend and I do the install, I fully intend to document EVERYTHING and see about even re-writing the instructions for this guy.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Naturally he comes out w/ a Stage 6 after the fact - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercharger...ht_1663wt_1362

Stage 2 (the one I got w/ stock Jaguar XJR intake runners w/ intergrated intercoolers) is supposed to be more bottom end power.
    Stage 4 (his custom made inlet w/ a funny plate mounted on top w/ a ton of bolts) is supposed to be more top end power.
    Stage 6 (a completely redesigned engine cover w/ the inlet intergrated into it, but still has that plate mounted atop the S/C), but looks like it wouldn't fit the X5 since my stock engine cover is shorter depth wise based on his pictures show, so maybe it something I couldn't use regardless.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    bmw x5 4.6
    will it work on bmw 4.6is v8 m62

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    It will work. But is sold

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    Temo, you could always jump on the band wagon with me after I get it installed and report the results.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    M5james have you already ordered your kit from Jen?

My Cars
    bmw x5 4.6
    ballard540 write me are you still selling this charge

- - - Updated - - -

do you have another one or do you know where i can buy it i'm building new car and i need it as soon as possible

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    M5james have you already ordered your kit from Jen?
    Yeah, I paid for it over a month ago, but then he did a design change to what is now his Stage 6 setup. As of March 1st, it's on the States but the DHL website hadn't updated information yet.

nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/set_identcodes.do?lang=en&idc=054804614478;0548046 14462&rfn=&extendedSearch=true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by temo View Post
    will it work on bmw 4.6is v8 m62
    Quote Originally Posted by temo View Post
    ballard540 write me are you still selling this charge

- - - Updated - - -

do you have another one or do you know where i can buy it i'm building new car and i need it as soon as possible
    The website will tell you that's that it's compatible for your vehicle, he's already said once it's sold, so if you need it so badly, contact Dinan or VF Engineering and go buy one.
    Last edited by m5james; 04-07-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    FIVE MINUTES after I left for work, the supercharger arrives!! I can't see how to attach pics though, WTH
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    '99 540i6, '01 325iA
    Oh man please attach pics I really wanna see what it looks like

My Cars
    98 740iL, 01 Suzuki TL10
    So, this might be a win for the naysayers, but until I take it to my buddy who's gonna give me a second opinion, I'm still on the fence because I'm still seeing the bigger picture in that overall if I can get it to work, then it'll be a setup that I believe that'll be better than a centrifugal. So, with that said, here are the pics and some explainations below as to what I'm seeing as issues and even things I might just address depending on how tonights conversation goes once my buddy and I discuss it.

Below is the list of items I've pointed out to the builder, and while he's agreeing to give me a refund at the moment, it's out of PayPal's hands now, so I could screw myself by sending this back and then getting no refund at all. Sorry the pics are so random and I don't have an explanation below each pic, but for the sake of discussion, you'll just have to look at the pics and figure it out for yourself

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/m5ja...02797478153332

- The bottom of his mounting kit isn't exactly the most well made, but I'm sure w/ a little Dremel work it'd clean up.
    - Inside of the mounting kit is terrible. Welding slag everywhere, it's dirty and the opening from the mounting kit going into the internal intercooler is smaller than the outlet for the SC itself. On top of that the internal intercooler isn't even sealed to the mounting kit, so the air being forced out of the supercharger will go everywhere...around, through, etc the internal intercooler. There's also a nipple between two lines coming from the intercooler that's hand threaded in and sealed w/ an o-ring instead of thread tape.
    - He claims to rebuild the supercharger, but instead he just cleaned it (halfass mind you) and then paint EVERYTHING black. What blew my mind the most is that he painted the damn rotors!!! I've used these superchargers, seen countless mods on the forums, etc. The standard rebuild is to gut them of bearings, oil and seals, install all new and sometimes even strip the teflon coating off the rotors because it eventually flakes off. He painted over the damn things...blows my mind.
    - The seal between the supercharger and mounting kit is a factory gasket, but then he lathered it in black silicone to assist w/ plugging the 6 mounting holes he uses to secure the supercharger to the mounting kit.
    - I don't understand why he'd change it or modify it, but the rod between the vacuum diaphragm for the boost wastegate is a goofy sheet of metal he tack welded, which is too long, therefore it hits during movement. Also the inside of the valve itself is caked w/ oil, which is another sign he didn't rebuild it.
    - The gaskets that get used between the throttle body, cover plate over the intercooler to the mounting kit and between the mounting kit and the heads look like they were cut by a 5yr old w/ a butter knife...no straight edges, symetrical or even the same shape as the inlet runners.
    - For some reason I've got 3 intercoolers. One came installed inside the supercharger assembly itself between the mounting kit and the top plate, a front mount but then I've got this extra black one that looks like a heater core. He included an intercooler pump and resevoir (X5 engine bay seems to have no room for it, yet he drives an X5), which he says he threw in for free, but failed to mention they're fresh from a junkyard...rust residue in the resevoir and all.
    - Fuel rails snap onto the side of the kit are made of nothing more than copper line, then I've got two random pieces of copper in the shape of an S that I've got no clue how they'd be used.
    - The fiberglass plenum he made is nice and all, but it's completely hand made and shows it....uneven runner diameters, dust, the inlet where the air filter would go isn't even round. The outlet where it feeds into the TB has two odd, very sharp edges which seems they'd just create a ton of turbulence.

In hindsight I should have went w/ the Stage 1 setup that uses a proven Jaguar XJR setup in that it'll have less custom parts (aka chance for errors) and really only needed adapter plates and fueling, but push is coming to shove and I've contacted Paypal because I want a refund. He's angrily agreed but I'm worried if I sent it back to him w/o PayPal support (I'm past their 45 day window) that I could just send it back and he'd keep it and my money.

Overall I still want to do the Eaton supercharger, but instead via ordering my own parts...buy the supercharger and included intercoolers and plenum on eBay for $900, have it shipped directly to my buddy who'll port and rebuilt it for $300, contract a local shop to make the adapters from the stock Jaguar intercoolers onto our heads (basically this guys Stage I kit) I'm guessing for $200-$400 and then document the hell outta his design so that I can buy the parts (rubber and stainless hoses, FPR, fuel cut defender, etc) for around $1000 and duplicate it myself. I'm clearly not going to get this going for Bimmerfest, which is a HUGE disappointment, but this kit has turned out to be the same as well. I had such high hopes, considering how long he took to make it I'd expected much better and that I'd only be fixing tuning...that's not the case. I'm still going to let my friend look at it and see what we can do before I make a final decision, but in the meantime I'm leaning very strongly to just making it myself after the fact.

Flamesuit on...

- - - Updated - - -

While this does nothing for my confidance, he sent me a link (in the middle of our arguements about me wanting a refund no less) to a vague video of the Stage 6 idling and rev'ing on his car...still no dyno results, driving videos, racing against a stock 540 for comparison, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceIGjb_gfs

I can only assume he's assembled his kit better than mine, but even then, I still wish I would have gotten the Stage 1 at this point just because 95% of the kit is stock, proven Jaguar parts. Now I just need to get my refund so that I can just make it myself.
    650hp 10 X5///M5
    325hp 98 BMW 740iL6
    190hp 97 328ci

My Cars
    BMW V8
    MJames has not understood anything handmade , welds not show slag but Sealed for 100 % density . I suspect they are helpless making any modification to the engine . And I do not send Mjames installation instructions , if available on the internet five minutes later. I have until now been converted over 60 vehicles , and not one has shown damage to the engine after installation . If I find flakes of fiberglass , I suppose before installing a compressor and bubble clean everything out . The hood needs to be edited because Mjames ordered for installation on two different BMW engines and types. The seal with silicone is not necessary , but I still getahn to security to be tight connection compressor. Copper line for gasoline have proven themselves and are sufficient. For perfectionists M5 injection moldings can be relatives . Runner for compressor are from the 2003 model Teflon coated with a rough surface , non-varnished ! Too bad he should himself take metal in his hand and making something suitable . Stage 2 with Jaguar adapter and aircooler nobody gets fit Made .... I've seen a lot of replica experiments all have does not work.
    And that amazement is not entitled. I would also use any prepared by me kit itself and build-up on my car. Have you ever bought a new car, then the engine Disassembled to see how the castings look like from the inside? To determine if all this was Edited smooth and clean, so that the engine can be used at all. No? Then warm Up times must do this before buying the next one. Mjames his kit works and will generate the power he wants. However, he must seek help I think of friends who are able to install the kit. I've ever installed a kit very much doubt that M5James, neither this nor a Stage 2 original Jaguar adapter. www.jg-supercharger.com

My Cars
    99' 540/6
    Sounds like you might want to get in contact with me I can point you in the direction of a GREAT twin screw kit.... guaranteed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast