Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '98 540i 6spd Sport, black/black

My Cars
    '00 323Ci

Parting 1998 E39 540i 6spd Sport, black/black

My wife hit a tree last week after a really nasty rain/snow storm. Car could be fixed but I'm not interested in doing it, I was going to sell it anyway. I will consider selling it entirely as it sits, no problem. You'll have to come get it, can't drive it. Rubbing on tires and something in the shifter broke...not the trans, that's just fine. Hit in the front as seen in the pics (sorry, attachments for now, will provide linked pics later). You can also see there is some damage in the rear...bumper cover, below the trunk, some rust (not as bad as it looks, I was in the process of cleaning it up when this happened, that's all surface stuff). Airbags did NOT deploy, seems to be more of a "top of hood" hit vs full on front bumper....though front bumper is toast as is the core. No coolant leaks, no oil leaks (other than one or 2 that were already present, likely PS), engine runs fine.

The car has ~174k miles on it, instrument cluster has the pixel issue so it's difficult to read unless it's been sitting for a while. I can get some interior pics this weekend.

Wheels/tires on it in the pics are General Altimax Arc winter tires in 215/60/16, wheels are 16x7 Rial's or some such. Brand new this winter, they have less than 2k miles on them. These will NOT go with the car if it is sold completely. It will come with the other set up I have which are Mille Miglia 5 spoke with some well used but serviceable winter tires (I used this set up in the summer). This is a 17" set up. I have the stock spare which is I think style 19....it's the 7 spoke, no center cap for it though.

I'm extremely busy the rest of this week through the weekend so I won't get to parting anything until sometime next week. Basically if there is no interest in purchasing the car as a whole before next Friday 15-Feb then I'll part it. Everything is up for grabs but please realize I'm not going to go through the trouble of parting out plastic clips and stuff like that, I don't have time to do that and I'm looking to be done with this in a matter of a few weeks so whatever is left goes to the scrap yard.

Has sport seats (power, heated), window shades, heated steering wheel, some different type of center armrest thing...euro maybe? The rear has the ski pass through set up. The car came from Canada so it's metallic black, not the regular US black. I'm told this color was not available in the US on this model.

All airbags are good, rear tail lights are great, I think only the driver side headlamp survived. Moonroof works fine, all windows work fine (do not plan to part out doors, want to sell whole).

EMAIL IS BEST - FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.

jack@elephantmotorsports.com

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RacerX; 03-04-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Jack $

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

My Cars
    2001 750il - 98K
    What is your asking price for the car?
    01 750il - style 128, Nex SS Coilovers, Euro Armrest, Sport Steering Wheel, Muffler and Resonator Delete.

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    $1800 OBO with the summer wheel set up only.

Cheers.
    Jack $

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Friday is deadline for interest in the whole car (I'm NOT selling the winter wheel/tire set up right now, I may continue to use those on another car), then it gets parted. I'm asking $1800 OBO for the whole car, feel free to make an offer, worst I can say is no.

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Seems no interest in the entire vehicle so I'm parting it. Email is best vs PM's and it's first come first served. Dibs are not payment so cash talks. Best to post questions about stuff here in the thread, that way I might be able to prevent repeating myself on some things.

Quick list of parts.........

1. QTY 1 style 19 in good condition, no center cap, no tire (unless you want something junky)
    2. M62 engine w/ ~174k miles, runs strong, runs very well
    3. 6spd trans, as above
    4. Driveshaft, rear axles, diff
    5. Front sport seats, power/heated, extendable thigh support
    6. rear seats with ski pass through
    7. Rear clear tail lamps
    8. clear side markers
    9. heated 4 spoke steering wheel
    10. radio, CD changer, speakers
    11. HVAC control
    12. center arm rest...will take a pic, it's not like the one in my previous 540
    13. trunk tool kit
    14. nearly new reman'd Bosch starter (not with engine)
    15. instrument cluster (has pixel issue, could be a core or something, it works)
    16. Exhaust
    17. Anything interior
    18. switches, relays, modules, etc
    19. Front and rear doors
    20. Spare DME

Lots.......email is best. jack@elephantmotorsports.com

Cheers.
    Last edited by RacerX; 02-15-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Jack $

My Cars
    2000 528iT, 2000 528i
    Sent email for hvac control.

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Responded. I've replied to all emails rec'd.

Cheers.
    Last edited by RacerX; 02-18-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Replied to all email's and PM's. Keep the requests coming, make an offer. I want to get rid of this car fairly quickly.

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Stuff starting to move....keep it coming. Still have all the big stuff...engine, trans, most interior stuff, etc.

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    2001 750iL
    Just sent an e-mail.
    2005 X5 4.8is (DD winter) * 2001 750iL (DD summer) * 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 L <> 2005 X5 3.0 * 2003 X5 4.4i * 2009 X3 3.0 * 2009 X5 3.0 * 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Replied to email.....

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Most of the good stuff is still available...everything must go. I want this thing gone by end of March so make offers on what you need/want.

Thanks.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Pieces are selling and shipping out.....lots left, plenty of big stuff.

If you make an offer on stuff remember that PayPal charges ~3.5% fees for payments, I'm not really interested in eating that so take that into consideration with your offer.

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Parts purchased are all shipped.......lots left, want this stuff gone!

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    1997 540ia
    In your other threads you said you weren't getting PM's? I sent you one... Where
    Is my part I ordered? Tracking you gave has done nothing since the 7th, 12 days ago. It just says electronic shipping info received.

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    I got your PM and responded. I was out of town last week (13th) and got back late last nite.
    Jack $

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    how much for transmission pm me

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkingrc View Post
    how much for transmission pm me
    Make me an offer with whatever parts you need....IE trans, cross member, drive shaft, etc.

Cheers.
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    bump!!
    Jack $

My Cars
    2000 BMW 528

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Replied to email.......more info tonite.
    Jack $

My Cars
    00 M5 / 99 540i
    Email sent regarding power steering pump
    2000 Silverstone/Silverstone M5 1/34

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    Emails replied
    Jack $

My Cars
    '00 323Ci
    bump...lots of parts left!
    Jack $

My Cars
    '98 528i
    Do you have the inclination sensor in the trunk still?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast