Thread: Align DME with EWS using INPA or Carsoft

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL

Align DME with EWS using INPA or Carsoft

My dis is not communicating, tried resetting VM1net IP and still nothing.

Wondering if I can align the DME and EWS using Inpa or Carsoft.

Theres in option in the EWS module using inpa, that allows you to write the ISN in hex, but I cant get the ISN with Inpa.

Now I jut found out Carsoft 1.4 can also do this job.

I cant find instructions on how to do this for INPA or the 1.4 Scanner.

BTW EWS is from the dealer so the VIN is matching.

Car didnt crank with old EWS now cranks but no start.

Aligned with an aftermarket tool and nothing but had this same issue in the past with aftermarket scanners.

Car is a 97 528

Thanks for any advise.
    Last edited by bass528; 01-25-2013 at 02:51 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Use INPA, you should be able to read the ISN by choosing the engine, then F3 to access coding data. The ISN for EWS should be displayed in hex at the bottom of the screen.

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL
    Thanks again for saving us Dave.

I will mess with this within the next few hours. Hope I can see the isn in the DME with ease, I tried yesterday but couldnt find anything.

will give it a shot in a few, thanks again partner. And I officially Dislike DIS

update

Ok I got the ISN its its a 3 digit number in hex( 909) and when I go to put it in the ews and press ok it saves it as 0x909, please tell me if Iam entering the code properly.

Theres also this after the isn 909 and not sure if its part of the isn but its "SG prog: 2" Two is bolded out as the rest of the isn.

Added 9092 rather then 909 and still nothing and saves it as 0x9092, wondering if this format is correct.

Update, after exhausting all options entering 909 or 9092 car would still only crank.

Programmed with a solus and another scanner and although they would say successful, this field in inpa remained at 0x1.

Finally got our hands on an Autologic and after the successful alignment the car started.

I went back in inpa out of curiosity to see that the Autologic has written, and it was 909 with the end result 0x909 same as I manually entered it.

For some reason Autlogics 909 was accepted and the one manually entered in Inpa ( also 909) wasnt. No clue why.

Thanks for the help Dave it seems as it should of worked exactly as you mentioned but not sure why it didnt.
    Last edited by bass528; 01-26-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    99 BMW 528i
    I am also in a similar situation:

My e39 528i has the rolling codes mismatched. My mechanic manually tried to crank the car from engine bay after a repair.

I have gotten a connection to the car with INPA but struggling to get the codes synchronized.

I went under EWS - DME start value syncronize selected option <f2> but got an error code IFH-0009 "No response from control unit". Basically can't connect the module.

Am I doing something wrong? Also it seems other people struggled with it and they had to either get the dealer or more expensive equipment to do it. Anyone have experience with this?

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL
    You need to have communication with the module to give it a shot using inpa. Right now you dont have communication. Can you access other modules? Sorry for the late reply.

My Cars
    1997 740il project
    bump. Can this be done with pa soft? I am having the same issue, and I could have rebuilt the entire engine in less time than effing with this horrible computer issue.