Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm writing an OBDII app for Android, please help me test it!

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Guys, the app is now live! I've just released it to Google Play Store and you can download it for free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m_source%3Dbfc

The app is called Carista.

A big "thank you" to everyone who helped with the testing!

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Hi again everyone! I'm testing a new version of Carista (with a cool new feature) and I'm looking for testers who have ELM327 adapters. If you can help me out, please go to http://www.prizmos.com/carista/test/ and follow the instructions. Thanks!

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Is this version 1.0.1 or something different?

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinMullins View Post
    Is this version 1.0.1 or something different?
    Nope, this version is going to be 1.2. It's not yet released publicly; it's available for beta-testing though.

It has a cool new feature, so please check it out!
    prizmos.com/carista/test

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Ah, OK..got it now. I downloaded it on the phone but never followed through with the install, my mistake.
    I'll try it out next time I'm out on one of the OBD cars.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    no iphone love?

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    iPhone gets enough love...it's Androids turn.

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Apple doesn't allow apps to communicate over the standard Bluetooth profile that's used with these OBD2 devices. So an app like this is not even possible for iPhone.

My Cars
    2002 330ci
    Could you add links to known working Bluetooth devices in the first post?

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Hi guys, Carista development is continuing, and we're adding BMW-specific diagnostics! This means DSC, airbag, instrument cluster, CAS, etc. diagnostics and error-clearing! Basically all that stuff that you need to pay big money to have done by a BMW shop.

Please let me know if you're interested in trying it out. There is a requirement though: your car must be an 03/2007 or newer model (apparently that's when they switched to using the CAN network, and my app can only talk via that protocol).

Thanks!

My Cars
    1985 BMW 325e
    I just got all excited then i read gpr 2007 and later. :-( So no compatibility with my 01 M3.

I just looked at you app on Google play. So the advanced features are only for European cars and not domestic cars, is that correct?

2001 M3 Vert
    1985 325e Production date 12/84
    2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L 5-speed 4wd HVY
    2008 Buell 1125R

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by workman482 View Post
    I just got all excited then i read gpr 2007 and later. :-( So no compatibility with my 01 M3.

I just looked at you app on Google play. So the advanced features are only for European cars and not domestic cars, is that correct?
    Some Asian ones too: right now we support VW Group (Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda) and Toyota Motor Corp. (Toyota, Lexus, Scion). We're trying to add BMW / Mini now. But yeah, unfortunately, it doesn't work on E46s (including my own M3, which is an '02 ). Later, I'm going to investigate whether it's possible to talk to those older cars via the older "K-line" protocol, but it will most likely require some messing with the hardware: you'd probably have to connect 2 of the pins of the OBD dongle together for it to work. The good news is that since I have such a car myself, I'll be motivated to make the app work with it... even if it's not as an official release.

My Cars
    2001 325i
    Please update here or PM me if you get manufacturer-specific diagnostics on the E46 models using the K-line protocol.
    I have a 01 325i and am currently using Torque with a BAFX dongle (1.4 I think, but can check). I can buy another BT dongle and alter it to your specifications as needed. Torque has limited functionality, but it is what it is.
    I also have a 03 Toyota Highlander, if you ever get around to backtracking on those.
    I would be happy to beta it, or even purchase for either car/truck once it's available, and will give responsible feedback when requested. I basically service my own cars, but I'm not a mechanic by any means. I gained most of my knowledge on BMW forums.

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADF15H View Post
    Please update here or PM me if you get manufacturer-specific diagnostics on the E46 models using the K-line protocol.
    I have a 01 325i and am currently using Torque with a BAFX dongle (1.4 I think, but can check). I can buy another BT dongle and alter it to your specifications as needed. Torque has limited functionality, but it is what it is.
    I also have a 03 Toyota Highlander, if you ever get around to backtracking on those.
    I would be happy to beta it, or even purchase for either car/truck once it's available, and will give responsible feedback when requested. I basically service my own cars, but I'm not a mechanic by any means. I gained most of my knowledge on BMW forums.
    Sounds good, I appreciate the willingness to help. Btw, we are indeed trying to add support for the older Toyotas right now as well. E46 support is further down the line, if it ever happens (but I'll definitely try to get that working at least at a test level for personal use with a modified ELM327). I'll let you know.

In the mean time, WHERE ARE THE E90 GUYS???

My Cars
    2001 325i
    Thanks Todor

My Cars
    2006 330XI
    Todor,

I have an Android Tablet and a 2006 330XI that I would love to test your software on.

I am connecting now with the ELM327 Bluetooth interface and Torque - for diag monitoring.

Currently using NCS for coding, but if simple options can be done via the tablet, this would be awesome!

Let me know if/when it's available.

Thanks,

JT
    Last edited by JTRACKER; 07-12-2014 at 02:46 PM.

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by JTRACKER View Post
    Todor,

I have an Android Tablet and a 2006 330XI that I would love to test your software on.

I am connecting now with the ELM327 Bluetooth interface and Torque - for diag monitoring.

Currently using NCS for coding, but if simple options can be done via the tablet, this would be awesome!

Let me know if/when it's available.

Thanks,

JT
    Thanks! PM'd you a link.

My Cars
    1999 Euro Z3 M Coupé
    Quote Originally Posted by todor View Post
    Please let me know if you're interested in trying it out. There is a requirement though: your car must be an 03/2007 or newer model (apparently that's when they switched to using the CAN network, and my app can only talk via that protocol).
    I could test it on an E87 and an E65 (december 04 and october 06) just in case you're wondering if it will ctualy work. I have an ELM327, a K + DCAN cabe, BMWhat and Rheingold to compare.

My Cars
    1998 BMW e39
    Tudor,

I have a Android tablet and a E39 that i can test your app on.

My E39 has that round connector,under the bonnet

Have a nice one!

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Tested the app (v2.1) on a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis today... worked great. Read and cleared general engine codes and whatnot.
    Just thought I'd mention it since I hadnt been playing with any of the BMWs lately.
    Last edited by KevinMullins; 07-20-2014 at 01:19 AM.

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianco View Post
    I could test it on an E87 and an E65 (december 04 and october 06) just in case you're wondering if it will ctualy work. I have an ELM327, a K + DCAN cabe, BMWhat and Rheingold to compare.
    I don't think it'll work (due to the years of manufacture) but I'll PM you a link to try anyway - it'll be helpful to confirm that it indeed does not work on those models.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas520 View Post
    Tudor,

I have a Android tablet and a E39 that i can test your app on.

My E39 has that round connector,under the bonnet

Have a nice one!
    Thanks for the willingness to help, but it will definitely not work on an E39, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinMullins View Post
    Tested the app (v2.1) on a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis today... worked great. Read and cleared general engine codes and whatnot.
    Just thought I'd mention it since I hadnt been playing with any of the BMWs lately.
    Cool, thanks Got any 07+ BMWs to try the new functionality on?

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Cool, thanks Got any 07+ BMWs to try the new functionality on?
    I don't personally, but I know there's a few in the area amongst the local group I might be able to catch up with at some point.

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Anyone else willing to try it? We have a beta out now that already has a bunch of coding settings available (windows up via remote, unlock all doors on 1st press of remote, etc).

My Cars
    745LI
    Anyone else willing to try it? We have a beta out now that already has a bunch of coding settings available (windows up via remote, unlock all doors on 1st press of remote, etc).

I have an 02 E66 & an 07 E66 I'd be willing to help out with trying it on my cars .
    Also have access to a few E46's as well .

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
    I have an 02 E66 & an 07 E66 I'd be willing to help out with trying it on my cars .
    Also have access to a few E46's as well .
    Cool, yes, let's do it Do you have an ELM327 Bluetooth device and an Android phone or tablet?
    What's the production date on your 07 E66? If it's 03/2007 or newer, it should be compatible with the new BMW-specific features. For the rest of the cars, just generic OBDII diagnostics should work. You can get the beta version of Carista that has the BMW-specific stuff here: http://www.caristaapp.com/beta/
    Please reply here or by PM to let me know. If your E66 is compatible, I definitely wanna know and I wanna ask you to send me a "debug data" report from within the app (the beta page has info on how to do that).

Thanks very much!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast