Thread: Valeo windshield wipers OE fit CONFIRMED (w/pics).

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3

Valeo windshield wipers OE fit CONFIRMED (w/pics).

So I simply wasn't going to pay the exorbitant prices for the BMW OEM wipers.

I had searched about a year ago for wipers and couldn't find much so I tried the Michelin (Stealth?) wipers from Wal-Mart. I wasn't terribly impressed.*

So I did another search a few days ago and there was still shockingly little on this forum regarding wipers. I searched on another forum and found out about the Valeo brand and their supposed exact fit (no adaptors) and you even use the plastic BMW covers.

I see them on sale all the time at TireRack.com for buy 1 get one free. No such luck this time, but I went ahead and ordered them.

I can confirm they are an EXACT fit, just like OEM blades. Also, my total was $43 after shipping and tax. However, next time you see a BOGO sale on TireRack.com (or Amazon.com) pick up a pair for around $20!

See attached pics.

Part #'s for our 2006 330i sedan:
    Driver side 900-24-10B
    Passenger side 900-19-10B

If I don't update this thread you can presume that they have performed well. We have some rain in the forecast tomorrow so they will be getting a workout.

* So as I was taking off the Michelins today I realized they had been installed backwards. There is actual a "spoiler" design to them and I had the wrong side facing down, which also made for a less clean install with the adaptor sticking up slightly. So, there is a possibility the less than stellar performance was due to user error. So in a pinch they might be a decent set, but still not as a clean of a install as the Valeo brand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by S197GT; 10-26-2012 at 01:17 AM.

My Cars
    2009 E92 335i 6MT
    Nice. I need wipers...

For the benefit of others, what body style is your car? I think the wipers are different E90/91 and E92/93 (probably same profile but different lengths)

Edit: after some work with the googs, it appears that OP has an E90 or E91.

Part numbers appear to be:

Driver's side E9x all: 900-24-10B
    Pass side E90/91: 900-19-10B
    Pass side E92/93: 900-18-10B

going to pull the trigger on a set for my E92 and hope to have the same luck as OP, been putting off buying from dealer due to price and also reading posts that the pass sides that dealer is selling now are too long and wipe over the windshield trim (stock wipers on my old company Impala did the same thing and you've no idea how much that annoyed me. I know, OCD is a hell of a thing, but really.)

For an E92 from Tire Rack is "on special" right now - just under $40 for me with shipping, that still annoys me that (expletive deleted) wipers cost that much and they're not even silicone blades, but I guess that goes with BMW territory and at least they'll hopefully fit correctly and it's still cheaper than $50 plus at the dealership (I didn't even ask how much they were the last time I was there, although I probably should have.) I'll have to keep an eye on TR for specials so I can score another set cheaper to keep on deck for when these wear out. TR is still cheaper than Amazon even with shipping factored in, at least today...

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction OP!
    Last edited by thatguyn8; 10-26-2012 at 12:38 AM.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330xi
    Bought the OEM wipers from the BMW Dealer for like $40, and shockingly enough I it didnt break the bank, also they gave me the wind deflectors that cover the hinge. I dont know what you have heard, but the OEM wipers arent expensive.

My Cars
    2009 E92 335i 6MT
    Realoem list is $50-some and tischer actually lists them individually for about $50 a blade...?

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    I bought Valeo and have them ready to go on my E93. What the OP posted is the right part numbers for the E93. Funny thing is BavAuto has the 18 for 12 bucks but no 24".

Also since these are that strange post mount system I bought some RainX wipers for a Ford 500 (Taurus) and those were the best wipers out there bar none. I could never get that car to not chatter and squeak using all the best brands none worked. RainX is what I am going to look at to see if they can work on my E93 after these Valeos.

Anyone getting wipers from the dealer for 40 bucks got a serious bargin because none I know of sells them for less than that amount for one...
    BMWCCA 149159

My Cars
    2010 335i Cabrio
    OP - thank you post posting this. Good to know, and on sale that's a good deal. I have a few thousand miles left on my factory maintenance and need to go get them to replace the wipers I have now, but the next set after will likely be out of pocket.

Interesting that TireRack says I need part # 900-24-8B (driver) and 900-18-5B (passenger) for my 2010 335i E93 M-Sport. Still 24" and 18", not sure what the difference is? On sale now and basically $40 delivered, so that's a solid deal.

They're no deal though if not on sale; $56 vs $59 MSRP for OEM's for my car (PN 61612159629), and sales tax on $59 is less than shipping from Tirerack. On sale though it's a solid deal.
    Last edited by gpb; 10-26-2012 at 10:10 AM.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    Glad to help everyone. While researching I saw all kinds of posts about this wiper fitting and that wiper fitting, but it was always "what they heard" or what some website claimed would fit.

No one really had first hand info or, better yet, pics to prove it!

The nice thing about Valeo is they have buy one, get one free deals every so often from Tire Rack and Amazon.

Interestingly, Tire Rack hasn't had the BOGO since 2011, but Amazon had it as recently as July. So, for a screaming deal of $20 you can grab a set. I'll probably grab two sets next time I see them on sale.

Here is a list of previous BOGO sales:

http://dealnews.com/b33597/Valeo/?e=1

Keep an eye out if you see them on BOGO sale and post it up on the forum!

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Never had good luck with aftermarket wipers, even if they fit, they do not last or start skipping/streaking shortly after install. Seeing as how infrequently they are replace (2 years or more in avg for me), 20-30$ extra for OEM is not going to break the bank and I know what I am getting. But that is just me!
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2009 E92 335i 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by gpb View Post
    OP - thank you post posting this. Good to know, and on sale that's a good deal. I have a few thousand miles left on my factory maintenance and need to go get them to replace the wipers I have now, but the next set after will likely be out of pocket.

Interesting that TireRack says I need part # 900-24-8B (driver) and 900-18-5B (passenger) for my 2010 335i E93 M-Sport. Still 24" and 18", not sure what the difference is? On sale now and basically $40 delivered, so that's a solid deal.

They're no deal though if not on sale; $56 vs $59 MSRP for OEM's for my car (PN 61612159629), and sales tax on $59 is less than shipping from Tirerack. On sale though it's a solid deal.
    I think lci is different... the 10b part nos i looked up for pre lci

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by mryakan View Post
    Never had good luck with aftermarket wipers,
    There is evidence that Valeo is an OEM supplier.

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Quote Originally Posted by S197GT View Post
    There is evidence that Valeo is an OEM supplier.
    That would be good. Any pointers?
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2009 E92 335i 6MT
    ASSuming the brown santa is delivering today, I should be able to offer a comparison this evening.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    looks like it was confirmed from a vendor on the other thread about valeo being an OEM supplier. i had read that on other forums and their packaging says they are the #1 oe wiper blade supplier.

i can tell you from my experience that the blades we had on the car at 30k miles looked exactly like the ones the bmw dealership replaced for free when it was under warranty. from what i recall, the valeo ones we have now look exactly like those sets as well.

My Cars
    2009 E92 335i 6MT
    Got 'em today. The ones that I took off were marked "SWF" not "Valeo" but they appear identical in every way except that the 18" pass side that was on the car did not have the two little plastic clips in the middle of the span between the pivot and the end of the blade as does the driver's side, but the new 18" blade does have them, and the part numbers on the spines were close but not identical. I tried to snap some pics but my cell phone camera was being cranky. But I really did examine them closely and they appear to be completely identical in construction, the only difference being the printing on the underside of the spine and the lack of printing on the center piece of the new ones, and the aforementioned addition of the two plastic support things on the 18" blade. Clearly the parts were made at the same factory from the same molds/tooling.

Bad news: I actually had to call Tire Rack's CS dept. and have them send me another pass. side blade - the one I got appears like it should have had a metal sleeve pressed into the pivot and it's not there. D'oh! So if anyone cares I will be able to take pics in a couple days hopefully when I'm messing with this again.

The passenger side does not run off the edge of the glass as indicated in this post:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=428302

nor did I have any problem fitting the original caps on the wiper arms, so I'm assuming that these are the "original design" blades, not the new supposedly cheaper ones that the dealerships are selling now (although recent experience does not fill me with the warm fuzzies that Valeo has incredibly good QC; I hope that I am just an outlier.) My old blades appear identical to the "old style" pic in that thread.

Am tempted to try to press the metal sleeve out of one of my old blades, but with my luck the CS lady will call me back and tell me that they want the bad blade back and then I'll have screwed myself... Hoodathunk that getting a functioning set of replacement wiper blades would be so difficult?

Edit: TR sent me a replacement pass side blade and all is right with the world now. They never asked for the old one back, so it went out with the trash yesterday. I did notice a little corrosion on the sleeves so I put a dab of silicone grease on the pins before installing the new blades. Hopefully I'm good for another couple years!
    Last edited by thatguyn8; 11-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.

My Cars
    E90 330i
    On sale right now at Tire Rack.

Jeder lobt was Nürburgring-erprobt

My Cars
    2008 328i
    Dredging up an old thread, but I wanted to confirm that the the Valeo 900 series blades are a perfect fit. The OEM blades (SWF) are made by Valeo, and the 900 series are just upgraded versions. I got a pair of 900 series blades from Tire Rack, delivered up here to Canuckland, for $60.00 total. Expensive, but the dealerships here wanted $85.00 + tax for OEM (I am assuming SWF) blades, so I saved about 30 bucks. The blades for my 2008 328i are: Driver side - 900-24-10B, and
    Passenger side - 900-19-10B. We've had a big snow dump the past 2 days here, so I got to use them this morning. I'm impressed. They're dead quiet (the ones on the car were old, and worn, so they chattered, didn't wipe very well anymore, and made a HELL of a racket even in just rain). I'm going to take note of how long they last while maintaining their wiping/no noise qualities.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Clammy; 03-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.

My Cars
    2007 335i w/ Sport pkg.
    I picked up set of Bosch blades for $28 at the local Auto Zone. Look and fit like OEM. Work perfect. they had 2 other brands that were compatible, and Bosch alone had 3 models to choose from. Could have bought the $80 set, but I didn't see any difference or any reason to.

My Cars
    11 328xi, 330Cic, 10 Tig
    Bought the Valeo from Amazon for $44 for the pair w/free shipping. Same as OEM.
    '11 328i X-Drive Space Gray/Saddle - Step, Premium, M Sport
    '06 330 Cic 6MT, ZHP Alcantara