Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures from trip to Munich

My Cars
    06 MR
    Awesome pics! how much do you save doing Euro delivery if you dont mind me asking?

My Cars
    t4r
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleForums
    Thanks. Wife and I had a lot of fun there. Amazing experience and HUGE savings doing Euro delivery.
    Out of curiosity and lack of my own knowledge, what allows such savings by taking euro delivery?

My Cars
    06 330i, 88 M3
    So, you went to Bayern in the summer and nary a pic of a busty lass in a Dirndl. WTF?

Nice ride though.

My Cars
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Cars
    '04 S2000, '09 Accord V6
    Quote Originally Posted by ladiexmack View Post
    Out of curiosity and lack of my own knowledge, what allows such savings by taking euro delivery?
    http://www.bmwblog.com/2007/05/23/wh...n-us-delivery/
    Last edited by kbcobra289rs; 09-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.

My Cars
    E90 328i, E36 M3/4/5
    Congrats man.. New M5 looks amazing, enjoy!

My Cars
    00 740iL, 01 S8, 92 SVX
    Awesome pics. I can't wait to someday visit the Welt.

My Cars
    06 330i, 88 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by halfwindows View Post
    Awesome pics. I can't wait to someday visit the Welt.
    If you're a car guy, budget some time to get over to Zuffenhausen & see the Porsche Museum. While smaller, it is much better all around. Of the 3 marque museums I have visited in Germany, I would rate them in the following order:

1) Porsche
    2) Mecedes Benz
    3) BMW

Munich is a better overall locale though......

My Cars
    Noble M400
    Quote Originally Posted by kanovic View Post
    Awesome pics! how much do you save doing Euro delivery if you dont mind me asking?
    MSRP: $99,495
    Paid: $87,395

Not too bad, considering most are selling M5/M6 are selling with US delivery for around MSRP this close to launch of product.

One side note: Met this father/son in the customer lounge at the Welt, picking up an M5. This was their 5th Euro delivery. Everytime, they take 2 weeks and go driving around all over Europe. Man, what an awesome family tradition to share with your kid.

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

My Cars
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Nice.

My Cars
    '04 S2000, '09 Accord V6
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleForums View Post

Not too bad, considering most are selling M5/M6 are selling with US delivery for around MSRP this close to launch of product.

One side note: Met this father/son in the customer lounge at the Welt, picking up an M5. This was their 5th Euro delivery. Everytime, they take 2 weeks and go driving around all over Europe. Man, what an awesome family tradition to share with your kid.
    Wow, lucky kid!

My Cars
    E30S50, E46, E39 M5
    Thanks. Wife and I had a lot of fun there. Amazing experience and HUGE savings doing Euro delivery.
    My dad's friend Skip bought an E39 once upon a time and the dealer in Boston didn't want to let him get Euro delivery because of the loss of revenue. Congrats on the beast, badass pictures.

E46 328Ci
    Carbon Fiber Everything | BBS LM Reps | Koni FSD Eibach Pro Kit | CSL Replica Bumper & Trunklid | Haters Gonna Hate
    Frankenmotor S50 swapped E30 325is.
    Billy Sports | Eibach Pro Springs | IE 22/19 Sway kit | Supersprint Headers | Stealth Straightpipes | Ported Head | 3-Angle Valve Grind | Conforti

My Cars
    1995 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by triggrhaapi View Post
    My dad's friend Skip bought an E39 once upon a time and the dealer in Boston didn't want to let him get Euro delivery because of the loss of revenue. Congrats on the beast, badass pictures.
    The irony of that situation is that the Sales department typically doesn't make even 1/10th the money for a dealer as Parts & Service.

Had he sold the car the customer and gained his loyalty, they would have made the money elsewhere. Especially if it was a V8 E39.

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Not that huge compared to the depreciation that is going to take place within less than a year from now

jk, just my jealous side speaking. Seems like an awesome trip. Planning on going to Germany next summer.

Enjoy the car man, what a beast. Once again, really jelly.

damn, that is a huge ass amount of savings. shit that's awesome.
    Last edited by dasmeth; 09-09-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E30S50, E46, E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by espguitarist View Post
    The irony of that situation is that the Sales department typically doesn't make even 1/10th the money for a dealer as Parts & Service.

Had he sold the car the customer and gained his loyalty, they would have made the money elsewhere. Especially if it was a V8 E39.
    Skip went to Harvard with Helmut Ponke, who I believe was BMW's chairman or something like that at the time. He called Helmut and when all was said and done he had an Individual E39 M5 on euro delivery.

E46 328Ci
    Carbon Fiber Everything | BBS LM Reps | Koni FSD Eibach Pro Kit | CSL Replica Bumper & Trunklid | Haters Gonna Hate
    Frankenmotor S50 swapped E30 325is.
    Billy Sports | Eibach Pro Springs | IE 22/19 Sway kit | Supersprint Headers | Stealth Straightpipes | Ported Head | 3-Angle Valve Grind | Conforti

My Cars
    1995 325i
    Skip went to Harvard with Helmut Ponke, who I believe was BMW's chairman or something like that at the time. He called Helmut and when all was said and done he had an Individual E39 M5 on euro delivery.
    Individual is the only way to go. Baller as fuck.

My Cars
    TDI

Does that include cost of shipping/etc?

My Cars
    Noble M400
    Euro delivery cars are bonus cars anyways (it doesn't come from dealer allocation), so it's not like they would have lost any revenue. That dealer was simply shooting themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by fodive View Post
    Does that include cost of shipping/etc?
    Yep. There are no extra shipping fees, just the normal delivery fee that comes with any US car.

My Cars
    1999 740i
    I feel like its always raining in münchen.

Awesome pics
    Last edited by JaeBeEmVee; 09-09-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Not sure how I didn't see this before...
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Cayenne S, Triumph 1050
    holy thread bump Kev!

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport, 69 GTO
    If I ever buy a new BMW I'm doing this program and spending a week or two driving Europe.
    1969 GTO Warwick Blue/Parchment
    2000 740i Sport 6 speed

My Cars
    2013 Kia Optima SX-L
    I'm happy to see the bump, never saw this thread either!

This brings back fond memories of my European Delivery in 2008. I posted a few pics from mine in the ED forum back then, though your pictures make mine look like garbage. We spent almost 3 weeks roadtripping through Germany/Austria/Switzerland and ultimately flew home from Frankfurt.
    My trip thread

The Welt looks like it's changed quite a bit since my trip. For one thing I don't think the Premium Lounge had bier when I visited... BTW when you say "food poisoning" you really mean "too much bier" right?

To say it is an amazing experience is an understatement... Alas, where before we were DINKs with Bimmers, now we are a single-income family of 4 and I drive a Kia... perhaps someday I can afford to take my boys on another ED.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoeller View Post
    holy thread bump Kev!
    I was going to put it on our homepage ... but then I realized he posted it on off-topic
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Noble M400
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I was going to put it on our homepage ... but then I realized he posted it on off-topic
    Yeah, my bad. I didn't want pictures of my "drinking through Germany" trip mucking up the General BMW forum.

Feel free to move to wherever you feel more appropriate.
    Last edited by NobleForums; 01-02-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast