Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E30 M52 GT35 480WHP @ 16.5psi Miller Tuned

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Hey guys,

Matt came out all the way from Edmonton yesterday to have his Turbo e30 M52 swap check out. He drove nearly 1100 KM on our base tune to get here and was very happy with it.

Matt has put a lot of time and effort into his car and his passion for BMW's really shows.

Matt made 482 WHP and 430 WTQ at 16.5 PSI on our mustang 1100se Dyno! We bumped the boost up to 18 and the gains were minimal so we were satisfied leaving it at 16.5

Matt is a regular on R3v but I am sure he will pop in over here.

His set up included:

Miller Turbo Tuning package - Miller MAF, Miller WAR Chip, 60# Deka injectors and base tune
    Bluntech tubular top mount mani
    GT3582
    FMIC
    8.5:1 Compression pistons
    Rods (can't remember brand)
    s52 cams
    ARP etc etc

I also have some video of it on the dyno and street. I need to edit it all together and I will post it up for you junkies.
    Last edited by Brody; 08-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.

My Cars
    e39, e30
    Is that with m52 cams? Interesting coolant tank, and how wide are those bottle caps?
    Last edited by howelll; 08-25-2012 at 12:44 PM.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by howelll
    Is that with m52 cams? Interesting coolant tank, and how wide are those bottle caps?
    Edited for info, s52 sticks. 9 on rear 8 on front for the wheels

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Very nicely done e30. i like the red accents and super clean install in the engine bay.

That is very healthy for horsepower to weight ratio. I remember seeing the street race passenger paddle video.

You had mentioned it was a base tune. So I imagine on the dyno you cleaned it up? make any gains? Find that it was lean/rich? Please give details.

Well done. Nice to finally see a customer's car with good results and not just your own so it can be an unbiased perspective when using the 413 DME. it would be nice to hear from the actual owner as well.

Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    Very nicely done e30. i like the red accents and super clean install in the engine bay.

That is very healthy for horsepower to weight ratio. I remember seeing the street race passenger paddle video.

You had mentioned it was a base tune. So I imagine on the dyno you cleaned it up? make any gains? Find that it was lean/rich? Please give details.

Well done. Nice to finally see a customer's car with good results and not just your own so it can be an unbiased perspective when using the 413 DME. it would be nice to hear from the actual owner as well.

I am sure he will chime in, I will tell him to come say hi. I'm regular here, he is a regular on R3v so I thought I would post.

That is the final tune, the car came in with a WOT AFR of low 10's across the board and we didn't run it all the way because there was no point at that AFR. Normal driving AFR was bouncing around 14.7 as any good tune will do.

Here is another graph showing the flexibility of the tune. Same tune on 11psi vs 16psi. Basically boost controller off/on sort of settings.

I love how this car has 400 Ft.Lb at 3500 RPM!

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    I am sure he will chime in, I will tell him to come say hi. I'm regular here, he is a regular on R3v so I thought I would post.

That is the final tune, the car came in with a WOT AFR of low 10's across the board and we didn't run it all the way because there was no point at that AFR. Normal driving AFR was bouncing around 14.7 as any good tune will do.

Here is another graph showing the flexibility of the tune. Same tune on 11psi vs 16psi. Basically boost controller off/on sort of settings.

I love how this car has 400 Ft.Lb at 3500 RPM!
    Thank you for the response.

So.....did you change the tune from low 10s to 11.5 in boost so it's not running so rich and produces a bit more power? I didn't see any adjustment to tune in your post with details, just that the graph showed "final tune"...not many details there. If you want people to buy your product please give more information. All I see is a max AFR of 12.0 but that looks to be before boost comes in.

The torque at 3200-4200 is awesome!
    Last edited by highboostingm3; 08-25-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    bmw
    Very nice i cant wait to put my war items in

My Cars
    TurboVert, MCoupe, 335xi
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    ...That is very healthy for horsepower to weight ratio. I remember seeing the street race passenger paddle video....
    The car in the video with the person "paddling" belonged to Andrew at AR Design. Andrews car has a larger turbo and twin scroll manifold.

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Looking very closely at the graph and knowing the lowest # it seems it is around 11.0 through boost, but that's just a guess.

Still very safe but definitely better. Not sure if it hits 11.5 which is about ideal but this looks nice.

Why wouldn't more psi yield much more power with that turbo on that engine? Is there a restriction somewhere over 16.5psi?

Too be competitive, a 30psi dyno sheet would sell a lot more kits.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3
    Looking very closely at the graph and knowing the lowest # it seems it is around 11.0 through boost, but that's just a guess.

Still very safe but definitely better. Not sure if it hits 11.5 which is about ideal but this looks nice.

Why wouldn't more psi yield much more power with that turbo on that engine? Is there a restriction somewhere over 16.5psi?

Too be competitive, a 30psi dyno sheet would sell a lot more kits.
    It gained a little more torque down low, but peak power rose 5 or 6 HP. The customer favored 100% safe reliability and longevity. And when boost increases don't yield power, don't raise it.

We aren't in the business of making turbo kits. Until someone brings us a car that will make 30psi properly and actually wants to do it we are just here making people happy with the most power they are safe and comfortable with. We've sold over 100 blow thru kits now this is just one we've had the privilege to see and document in person.

AR design uses our tuning kits and are making north of 600 HP on a base tune they have massaged without our help. a birdie also txt me today that e85 and 100# injectors are being installed right now...

I will also overlay the partial "before" runs with the final.
    Last edited by Brody; 08-25-2012 at 06:14 PM.

My Cars
    Swapped e-Dirty
    Little birdie? That thing is on crack again.

Nice #s sir!!
    ar design stage 1 turbo kit - 11.7 @ 127mph 12psi of boost..... 5300ft elevation E36 S50 stock long block w/ARP

sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by ar design
    Little birdie? That thing is on crack again.

Nice #s sir!!
    Just e85 then? Thoughts that's why you needed the file.

My Cars
    Swapped e-Dirty
    No, I am on 100lb. Going to try pump gas first, so I can have a fall back if they stop selling E85 haha!
    ar design stage 1 turbo kit - 11.7 @ 127mph 12psi of boost..... 5300ft elevation E36 S50 stock long block w/ARP

sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

My Cars
    e39, e30
    If you don't mind me asking, at what point does the vanos retard back in that dyno?

My Cars
    Unicycle
    This car wanted it set at 4500

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    It gained a little more torque down low, but peak power rose 5 or 6 HP. The customer favored 100% safe reliability and longevity. And when boost increases don't yield power, don't raise it.

We aren't in the business of making turbo kits. Until someone brings us a car that will make 30psi properly and actually wants to do it we are just here making people happy with the most power they are safe and comfortable with. We've sold over 100 blow thru kits now this is just one we've had the privilege to see and document in person.

AR design uses our tuning kits and are making north of 600 HP on a base tune they have massaged without our help. a birdie also txt me today that e85 and 100# injectors are being installed right now...

I will also overlay the partial "before" runs with the final.
    Well stated.

AR has come up with an impressive kit. I am very interested in seeing those big e85 results out of them using your software setup.

My Cars
    Lancer Evolution, Supra
    Those are pretty solid numbers for a mustang dyno
    Then:
    Arctic Silver E36 M3 Turbo - Built S52 + T76
    Cosmos Black E36 M3 Turbo - Built S52 6766 Torque Monster
    03 Evo 8 973whp/653wtq 9.9@147mph (@818whp)
    94 Toyota Supra Single Turbo 1000hp+++
    Now:
    2013 F30 335i M Sport - 6 Speed Manual - stock!

My Cars
    skateboard
    Good work Brody. The car is a looker as well.
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    '02 530i & '15 X1 35i
    Clean car! Great job guys!
    '02 E39 530i/5sp Topaz Blue/Black Interior - MegaSquirt3x - Garrett GTX3582R turbo - E85 fuel - Apex FL-5 - 265/295 tires - Custom Porsche Brembo BBK - 600whp @ 22 PSI
    '15 E84 X1 35i M Sport Alpine White/Coral Red Interior - H&R Sports & Bilstein B6 - Velgen VMB5 - 265/305 tires - ETS FMIC - MPI Charge pipe & DME Flash - 3.5" down pipe

My Cars
    85 318i
    That's a lot of power in a E30, 30psi lol.
    Nice numbers Brody, Good & Tight/BluntTech manifold doing work. Car looks really clean.
    Last edited by good & tight; 08-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    e30 turbo
    What fuel?

fusionworksracing.com
    E30 24v turbo in progress.

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Bump for an awesome car, with an awesome tuning set-up done by Dan-the-man Miller and Brody at Miller Performance! We have 2 top mount turbo s50 e30 projects we'll be doing shortly that will be running the Miller blow thru tuning kits, with final tunes done locally by Dan himself!

My Cars
    hellrot Ti
    awesome to see the torque below 4000rpm!

My Cars
    E30 v8, Z3 coupe
    Love the clean set up.

My Cars
    Unicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by 99r6
    What fuel?
    Whatever premium in Alberta is. He brought a bunch because it's different than here in BC. It's either pure 91 or 10% ethanol 94. Here in BC we have the opposite and is why we told him to bring his normal fuel type. I will have to ask him tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by e30polak
    Bump for an awesome car, with an awesome tuning set-up done by Dan-the-man Miller and Brody at Miller Performance! We have 2 top mount turbo s50 e30 projects we'll be doing shortly that will be running the Miller blow thru tuning kits, with final tunes done locally by Dan himself!
    BAM! Can't wait to start working more and more with you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by good & tight
    That's a lot of power in a E30, 30psi lol.
    Nice numbers Brody, Good & Tight/BluntTech manifold doing work. Car looks really clean.
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by GG///M3
    Good work Brody. The car is a looker as well.
    Thanks. And thank you everyone else for the positive comments.
    Last edited by Brody; 08-26-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast