Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some 328i built without Bluetooth and USB Music Options

My Cars
    328i 2013

Thumbs down Some 328i built without Bluetooth and USB Music Options

Found our that some 328i that were built recently don't have the standard Bluetooth and USB Music Options. BMW has notified dealers to let customers know and offer them $750 off which I think is a joke.

Turns out my 328i is one of the cars effected. My dealer hasn't mentioned anything about this to me yet. I just emailed him to ask. No 6NHA listed when I check my VIN online.

I can't believe BMW is offering just $750 off for a must have option on luxury cars. I sold my car as I'm expecting delivery next week. So I'm going to re-order and ask for a loaner while I wait. Unless BMW wants to make if up to me some other ways like, extended maintenance or say $1500 off.

Anyone else effected by this?

Quote Originally Posted by 328i2013
    Found our that some 328i that were built recently don't have the standard Bluetooth and USB Music Options. BMW has notified dealers to let customers know and offer them $750 off which I think is a joke.

Turns out my 328i is one of the cars effected. My dealer hasn't mentioned anything about this to me yet. I just emailed him to ask. No 6NHA listed when I check my VIN online.

I can't believe BMW is offering just $750 off for a must have option on luxury cars. I sold my car as I'm expecting delivery next week. So I'm going to re-order and ask for a loaner while I wait. Unless BMW wants to make if up to me some other ways like, extended maintenance or say $1500 off.

Anyone else effected by this?
    I'm not sure I get this... You ordered a car to your specific requirements, and either the car is coming equipped the way you ordered it, or it isn't.

If it isn't exactly as you ordered it, then you have reason to take action. On the other hand, if its exactly as ordered, well... You're getting what you ordered.

Perhaps a bit more info would help clear up the situation...

My Cars
    328i 2013

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Pyewacket69 View Post
    I'm not sure I get this... You ordered a car to your specific requirements, and either the car is coming equipped the way you ordered it, or it isn't.

If it isn't exactly as you ordered it, then you have reason to take action. On the other hand, if its exactly as ordered, well... You're getting what you ordered.

Perhaps a bit more info would help clear up the situation...
    In the F30, Bluetooth and USB Audio are standard options. And BMW built a bunch last minute by mistake which didn't include these options. And now they are offering only $750 off. Really lame. Lots of people got effected by this and BMW sent an official memo to dealers about this.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    I took advantage of this whoops by BMW.

My BASE car was yet to start production, yet a friend just declined his M-Sport Estoril Blue 6spd+Monnroof+walnut wood+heated seat car being delivered next week over this issue.

I swooped in, called the dealer and said I would take the car at the same price as the BASE car on order.

They accepted and it's mine.

I pick it up in a week.

I am elated. I really don't care about BT. I wanted Estoril Blue, I wanted the sports seats, I wanted all of it, but could not justify another $100 a month. Now I don't have to
    Looks like this:
    Last edited by Jamesons Viggen; 08-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    328i 2013

Thumbs up

That's an excellent deal, financially and wait wise. Neat lookin car too. Congrats. I have a feeling not many people are going to get lucky like you...

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by 328i2013 View Post
    That's an excellent deal, financially and wait wise. Neat lookin car too. Congrats. I have a feeling not many people are going to get lucky like you...
    Some people will make the BT a deal breaker, like the car is damaged goods.

It does not take much for the dealer to match the $750 from BMW for a total of $1500.

For me, this was so perfect it's funny. Me and this person have had the same cars dating back to Lightning Blue Viggens. We had the same taste so he ordered the car as if it was mine. Then to get it NOW and for my base price, all over a bluetooth being missing? Yeah, I am fine with that.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)

My Cars
    328i 2013
    It's not just bluetooth that's missing. USB audio is missing too. Being able to plug in a 32GB USB drive to listen to music is pretty priceless.

$1500 does seem like a reasonable offer but not hearing many people getting more than $750.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    It's not just bluetooth that's missing. USB audio is missing too. Being able to plug in a 32GB USB drive to listen to music is pretty priceless.

$1500 does seem like a reasonable offer but not hearing many people getting more than $750.
    Yeah I know. I was just going to by a beat up/broken screen Ipod and leave it permanently in the car as a form of music storage.

My Cars
    328i 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen View Post
    Yeah I know. I was just going to by a beat up/broken screen Ipod and leave it permanently in the car as a form of music storage.
    To use iPod all you should need is an Auxillary jack and that too is standard. Haven't heard that the jack is missing as a part of this snafu. Have you?

My Cars
    2010 328i Xdrive
    To use iPod all you should need is an Auxillary jack and that too is standard. Haven't heard that the jack is missing as a part of this snafu. Have you?
    The Aux jack is not as good as the USB. The USB will show you all the selections on the screen and make it easy to scroll through and select. And if I'm not mistaken, using the Aux will use more battery on the smartphone.

And of course, you can't plug a flash drive into the Aux jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesons Viggen

Yea, I keep my 1st gen iPod Touch in the car as my stereo. I only use Bluetooth to stream Pandora, but the USB jack was a must.

The interface is so cool and I can scroll tracks using my HUD on the windshield.

You call some of this stuff soft extras, but when you've got it, it really makes like easier.

I listen to a ton of music while driving though. For others who aren't into music as much, I can see you not caring.

My Cars
    09 328i Premium
    BT and USB interface, two of my favourite features...
    To every expert there is always an equal and opposite expert.

My Cars
    328i 2013
    I spoke with my dealer who was surprisingly unaware of this issue!!

He said he could do a locate but 2013 MT 328i are hard to find. Is that true?

I've waited a very long time to get my dream car and I don't want to compromise.

I've waited a very long time to get my dream car and I don't want to compromise.
    Yes an MT Sportline actually on a lot is a unicorn.

You should not compromise if this is the car you love and want. Color is important too.

If you still have a car that's running, order your 328i the exact way you want it.

Trust me that you will love the car. I ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it and even after 5 months and over 6K miles, I still haven't bored of driving it or just taking time to stare at it.

You won't regret the wait and you'll look badass in the car the way you've dreamed about it. Yea, it's that damn good!

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltidef30 View Post
    Yea, I keep my 1st gen iPod Touch in the car as my stereo. I only use Bluetooth to stream Pandora, but the USB jack was a must.

The interface is so cool and I can scroll tracks using my HUD on the windshield.

You call some of this stuff soft extras, but when you've got it, it really makes like easier.

I listen to a ton of music while driving though. For others who aren't into music as much, I can see you not caring.
    I like music and all, but a lot of times I like to hear the intake and exhaust which are things I will be upgrading anyway. It's not like I am driving a stereo delete car or anything lol.

I had searched on cars.com and found a '13 black Sportline 6mt. They are out there, but you may have some travel.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltidef30 View Post
    Yes an MT Sportline actually on a lot is a unicorn.
    It's worth it though. The 6mt makes the car for purists like me.

My Cars
    328i 2013
    The travel to find a manual 328i wouldnt be for me - it would be for the dealer to locate. Mine had very few options and that might be hard to find. I hope BMW is decent enough to cover the difference if my dealer can locate a car with more options than mine.

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    The travel to find a manual 328i wouldnt be for me - it would be for the dealer to locate. Mine had very few options and that might be hard to find. I hope BMW is decent enough to cover the difference if my dealer can locate a car with more options than mine.
    Yeah, my first order to get what I wanted was a base no line with metallic paint and heated seats.

THAT WAS IT lol.

With the F30, manuals are harder to distinguish as many sources are not specifying anymore or calling auto's manuals when they are not.

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Custom order a new one and have them give you an F10 loaner till it arrives. I'd be satisfied with that arrangement although there is a risk one could get attached to the 5er.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    328i 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mryakan View Post
    Custom order a new one and have them give you an F10 loaner till it arrives. I'd be satisfied with that arrangement although there is a risk one could get attached to the 5er.
    I'll live with that if I have to. But I'll expect BMW to make it up to me by giving a discount on the re-ordered car. Or maybe I should just cancel the order and drive away with an A4 or A5 off the lot with 0 wait. Waiting to see what BMW says on Monday. Just really bummed...

My Cars
    2008 X5, 1996 328is
    I'll live with that if I have to. But I'll expect BMW to make it up to me by giving a discount on the re-ordered car. Or maybe I should just cancel the order and drive away with an A4 or A5 off the lot with 0 wait. Waiting to see what BMW says on Monday. Just really bummed...
    If you like your F30, stick it out. I had a B6 S4, Audis do not drive the same. Though if you'd placed a new order, the dealer should've gone through everything with you before it was finalized. When we ordered my wife's F30 I purposely didn't check off Bluetooth cause I didn't think it was important, but she decided she wanted it and we got to add it (among other things) before the final order was placed. If they didn't, I would expect they'd do things to try to make it up to you.

2008 X5 4.8i - H&R, Rotiform, Dunlop, Umnitza, BMW Performance
    2001 Z06 - Pfadt, Hawk, CCW or OEM, Hoosier or Nitto
    1996 328is - super cheap street and track project
    2012 328i Sport (wifemobile) - it's here!

Contributing blogger at RacingReady.com......wannabe to real racer!
    Read my latest Corvette Forum article here

In the F30, Bluetooth and USB Audio are standard options. And BMW built a bunch last minute by mistake which didn't include these options. And now they are offering only $750 off. Really lame. Lots of people got effected by this and BMW sent an official memo to dealers about this.
    Each to his own, I guess, but if I am spending significant coin on a upscale car to own, I'm going to get EXACTLY what I want on it.

But, that's just me... A few months down the road, the $750-1500 discount will be forgotten, yet the missing options won't. However, if the options mean nothing to you, then take the $$$ and smile.

Haggle, haggle, haggle! You are right that they've done you wrong, but at the same time, BMW knows that these Sportlines will sell regardless.

It's your actual dealer who'll need to pay the price for what the manufacturer screwed up on. Knock that price down as much as you can on Monday. Your dealer doesn't want a bad review. You leaving happy is their top priority.

Now, the S4 is a nice ride indeed, but I, like many here are bias towards BMW, and BMW knows that guys who buy Sport are more "into" the cars and are involved drivers and loyalists. This is why the charge us more.

Be strong during your negotiation. Threaten to go over to Audi and to talk publicly about your bad customer service experience. This is not an honest mistake. It was just poor quality control.

An extra $1500 off and/or free tire protection on your re-order would be a good trade for you needing to wait for up to 8 more weeks I think.

I know some of you guys will disagree with my strategy, but it's just business.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltidef30

Haggle, haggle, haggle! You are right that they've done you wrong, but at the same time, BMW knows that these Sportlines will sell regardless.

It's your actual dealer who'll need to pay the price for what the manufacturer screwed up on. Knock that price down as much as you can on Monday. Your dealer doesn't want a bad review. You leaving happy is their top priority.

Now, the S4 is a nice ride indeed, but I, like many here are bias towards BMW, and BMW knows that guys who buy Sport are more "into" the cars and are involved drivers and loyalists. This is why the charge us more.

Be strong during your negotiation. Threaten to go over to Audi and to talk publicly about your bad customer service experience. This is not an honest mistake. It was just poor quality control.

An extra $1500 off and/or free tire protection on your re-order would be a good trade for you needing to wait for up to 8 more weeks I think.

I know some of you guys will disagree with my strategy, but it's just business.
    Well, it certainly never hurts to ask for something extra, such as a discount, etc.

The problem here is that, while the dealer isn't at fault, you're expecting him to compensate you for your "loss".

Frankly, I'm not at all sure just how far you'll get, but like I said, it never hurts to ask.

Sometimes, things happen. Everyone is human. Think about role-reversal, and ask yourself what you would be willing to do in such a case...

My Cars
    328i 2013
    Certainly not the dealer's fault. They gave me 7% off msrp. Don't think they have much room to do more. I'm asking them to do a locate for me and have BMW absorb the differenc in price for the extra options I might get on the locate (my specs were very basic and not sportsline either).

White 2013 manuals might not be easy for my CA to locate though. Would they transport one from California to NY? Cuz I see some on the west coast listed on cars.com.

Yes, people make mistakes. Question is how far BMW will go to rectify their mistake. And $750 is a slap in the face.
    Last edited by 328i2013; 08-19-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyewacket69

Well, it certainly never hurts to ask for something extra, such as a discount, etc

Sometimes, things happen. Everyone is human. Think about role-reversal, and ask yourself what you would be willing to do in such a case...
    if I were the dealer, I'd be trying to make this guy whole. In business, sometimes you must take one on the chin to save you reputation and give the customer a greater than expected experience. "Ever hear of a return policy"? Even after a product has been used?

No business wants to lose out, but sometimes you must to save face.

BMW as a corp doesn't care about this guy, as he's just one customer; a number even. However, for the dealer, he is a real person from their community. He's also a luxury buyer who may have some level of influence and credibility within this same community. They can't so easily recover from his walking away and talking about it.

This issue has to be resolved on the local level, as that is who'll be most affected. It's simple macro economics.

This is why it's on the dealer. They make this customer happy and not only will he be back, but his praises could bring in countless future business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast