Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling the drift car

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    I did disclose full info. I fixed the melted wire and tied them back so it won't melt. The car's wiring was never an issue. But even if you have no faith in my wiring, this is now a regular old OBD1 full E36 harness adapted for the E30 like very other swap.

There's nothing I want help with. If I was to keep the car, I would chuck just the engine. Which I'm ok with too if someone just wants the motor. I don't get how difficult this is. Car runs, won't catch fire, if you floor it for a few minutes, it'll overheat. Yay. Now buy it.
    I'm trying to help you out, cut the attitude dude. If it over heats after you floor it, likely you have a blown HG if you want to be blunt about it. Go sniff your radiator cap for Hc at any inspection place with an emissions sniffer, or do a store bought cheapo test. Cars don't just overheat on boost instantly unless they have a blown HG. GLWS

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 08-15-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    many
    va still has a sniffer? lol mass lost theres in 08. no emissions here
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    I'm trying to help you out, cut the attitude dude. If it over heats after you floor it, likely you have a blown HG if you want to be blunt about it. Go sniff your radiator cap for Hc at any inspection place with an emissions sniffer, or do a store bought cheapo test. Cars don't just overheat on boost instantly unless they have a blown HG. GLWS

-Mike
    No attitude at all. The HG is fine. Day to day driving and such the temps are fine. Boosting for a minute solid while sideways kinda isn't ideal for the cooling system. No oil in coolant or coolant in oil. Doesn't overheat unless I'm drifting it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyillest View Post
    va still has a sniffer? lol mass lost theres in 08. no emissions here
    Certain parts of VA do. My part does. I could put down on paper that it's housed in a county without it but that's not honest and they are cracking down on it in my area. I'd rather not chance it.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    >Selling e30 for 14k
    > If I was to keep the car, I would chuck just the engine.

o_0

My Cars
    E39, X-Runner, S13.5
    Correction: VA is not an emissions state, with the exception of NoVA- extension of DC metroplitan area.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post
    >Selling e30 for 14k
    > If I was to keep the car, I would chuck just the engine.

o_0
    yes?

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet86 View Post
    Correction: VA is not an emissions state, with the exception of NoVA- extension of DC metroplitan area.
    I figured you still lurked bmw forums john lol. I did say certain parts of VA have it.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    E39, X-Runner, S13.5
    I lurk everything you publish on the interweb. Big brother is always watching...

Its not certain parts, its just one part!

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    it's fairfax county and like one other I thought.

• The counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, or Stafford
    • The cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas, or Manassas Park

My Cars
    E39, X-Runner, S13.5
    Yeah, thats all one part- NoVA haha

I'm suprised Stafford is in that list though.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    How can you justify the 14k price tag when even you yourself say that you would nuke the motor from orbit and start anew if you kept the car?

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Because it won't pass emissions and isn't easily daily drivable. I'd also remove all the wide body panels and return the body to stock as to attract less cop attention. Although at that rate I'd sell the chassis. I don't have any definitive plans. I'm still very conflicted about the whole thing.

My Cars
    E39, X-Runner, S13.5
    I'd take a breather from internet car forums and car related stuff at your house. Take a break for a week, then come back to it and thinking it through exactly what you want. Compare that to what you already have.

I'd say the logical thing is to put a bit of effort into your E30 by laying in sound deadening material, getting interior to fit around the cage, softer springs, and whatever sloppy wiring work was done tucked or neatly arranged. It has a beast of a motor, it would be a shame to sell it for thousands less that you spent on it.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    No moar cage. I haven't touched a car in 2 weeks meow. Still don't want to touch a car. I might just sell everything and get out. It's very tempting as my stress levels would plummet.

Not to mention I had to pay the deductible for the hole in my house (and it's still not fixed). I have to pay for a tree to get chopped down since it's leaning and dead ($2k minimum estimate). I also am currently battling the IRS. Had that tree branch fall on the DD with only liability and had to replace the rear window. ALL my cars need full brakes. Medical bills for my back rehab just came in too. Life hates me lately

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    dude add comp to your liability insurance, that way if a tree falls on your shit it's covered.

comp is cheap, it was like $45/6months to add to my policy for two cars, also without collision.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I have it NOW but it's kinda late for the roof of my E46. I tear up a little every time I get in. Now the passenger's window won't go up anymore. *sigh*

My Cars
    84 318i
    Because it won't pass emissions and isn't easily daily drivable. I'd also remove all the wide body panels and return the body to stock as to attract less cop attention. Although at that rate I'd sell the chassis. I don't have any definitive plans. I'm still very conflicted about the whole thing.
    dude you cant get your car passed "under the table"? shit thats how im able to drive my e30 around lol, matter of the fact my daily doesnt pass emissions test either lol
    84 318i drift car
    04 mk4 gti 1.8t
    96 e320
    63 plymouth valiant

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I work for the government. I try to keep squeaky clean.

My Cars
    84 318i
    I work for the government. I try to keep squeaky clean.
    just tell a friend to have it done for you lol
    84 318i drift car
    04 mk4 gti 1.8t
    96 e320
    63 plymouth valiant

My Cars
    85 318i m50/ 84 320i
    Duude, check into dual fans that push over 4000. It looks like you kinda have a janky electro fan that doesnt pull that much.. How many cfms is it? My brother has about the same one as you and he had to run with his hood off or he was getting too hott. I know you have a legit radiator but that wont do anything without the right amount of air coming through.
    Just a thought bro i hope it all works out ive had to sell out more times than not for similar reasons to yours. You will always get another car if your that far behind, just sell the fucker not worth being stressed and moneyless!

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I have many reasons for selling the car. lol.

I have a 2400CFM puller and 2600 CFM puller.

My Cars
    85 318i m50/ 84 320i
    Word, hope she finds a good home then..

My Cars
    93 325is
    hmm id be interested in the motor, trans (zf out a e36?)and rad if its the right price. pm me your lowest

My Cars
    98 540i6
    $14k

also, fans tend to impede cooling, especially in straight lines.

mechanical fan + GOOD shroud = cool as a cucumber.

or electric fan + AWESOME ducting.

The key is sealing engine bay and front end in a manner that takes advantage of inherent high and low pressure zones created in drift.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    $14k

also, fans tend to impede cooling, especially in straight lines.

mechanical fan + GOOD shroud = cool as a cucumber.

or electric fan + AWESOME ducting.

The key is sealing engine bay and front end in a manner that takes advantage of inherent high and low pressure zones created in drift.
    14k is my starting price, not my lowest price . There's an S52 E30 that is going for $10k. I've got $9k more in parts than he does too.

I agree. i need to do more learning about cooling systems. I wish I could fit a mechanical fan in there.

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor

14k is my starting price, not my lowest price . There's an S52 E30 that is going for $10k. I've got $9k more in parts than he does too.

I agree. i need to do more learning about cooling systems. I wish I could fit a mechanical fan in there.
    With a asking price like that you are going to scare any away potential buyers. That s52 e30 going for 10k is a clean car, not a drift/project car. Your car doesn't fall in the likes of a classic BMW enthusiast who wants that clean looking car or I doubt any body looking to get into drifting is willing to drop that that much on a car right away. That really only leaves track guys and experienced drifters. Who IMO wouldn't be interested in it at that price either for they know they could build there own with that price tag and probably just read this thread.

I am not attacking in any fashion just being real. There is a market for every thing Everyone into cars knows you spend what you spend on parts during a build but never expect to make that back.
    Last edited by Mylch; 08-17-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast