Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling the drift car

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

Selling the drift car

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...207289544.html

Someone buy it or at least the motor set

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    84 318i
    nooooooooo, your not done with drifting are you?

how much for those overs?
    Last edited by Idriftane30; 08-15-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    84 318i drift car
    04 mk4 gti 1.8t
    96 e320
    63 plymouth valiant

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I dunno yet about being done drifting. Frustrated at this point. I need a break.

Not selling the overs by themselves. If someone buys the motor set, I'm selling the body separately. Overs go with chassis. Already have 1 person lined up for the chassis

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    many
    shame
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    none
    How much for running drift car?

My Cars
    85 318i m50/ 84 320i
    This is retarded, why ?

My Cars
    none

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    How much for running drift car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    NVM haha
    wut?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ce30 View Post
    This is retarded, why ?
    I want a street and track car. dedicated track cars are dumb.

My Cars
    84 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post

so why not just sell your motor and go s50?
    84 318i drift car
    04 mk4 gti 1.8t
    96 e320
    63 plymouth valiant

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I'd like a new shell while I'm at it. But it is a thought.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    wut?

I feel that way a lot dude. Just make it street legal and drive it to work once in awhile. That's what I do to keep me sane (drove mine to work today)

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    If it was that simple. I have more than that as a reason. Just believe me, I want this car gone. Spread the word! Someone could get an awesome car!

My Cars
    many
    its cursed isnt it
    facebook.com/TeamDEP
    teamdep.com ***Click link for New England drift schedule***

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    lol well that's possible.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    lol well that's possible.
    So then what's wrong with it now? What is the final straw? Surely not you're selling a 100% sorted car or you'd be stoked to keep it and drive it I think.

-Mike

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    From what I can tell, it's 100% sorted. Overheats when run too hard for too long. But that's about it. I want a car I can drive to and from events without needing a truck/trailer. This car needs more work than I want to put in. I might slap the coils on my M20 E30 and just slide that for now.

My Cars
    95 325I
    Quote Originally Posted by protomor
    From what I can tell, it's 100% sorted. Overheats when run too hard for too long. But that's about it. I want a car I can drive to and from events without needing a truck/trailer. This car needs more work than I want to put in. I might slap the coils on my M20 E30 and just slide that for now.
    Translation, this car is a bag of dicks and I want to start over. You are saying the car is 100% sorted and it needs more work than you can do in the same sentence. After all the time and money that car must be F' ed for you to sell it. But than again if you can get 14k for it big boner all the way to the bank..

Just to be certain this isn't takin wrong if yosi says the car is 100% it is a 100%
    Last edited by BreakDancer; 08-15-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    ( originally posted by PROTOMOR )
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    You can come by right now and drive it around. It drives perfectly fine. The car isn't "Fed" at all. Promise. It's 14k obo

My Cars
    95 325I
    You can come by right now and drive it around. It drives perfectly fine. The car isn't "Fed" at all. Promise. It's 14k obo
    I would love to drive that beast!! I just don't understand you have a running and driving 500hp drift car that's the dream now go live it.
    "It's like telling your child it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. It's ok if you do it, but you really shouldn't. And by doing it in front of your child, you are telling them it's ok to snort coke off a cheap hooker's ass. "

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I got another dream now. I wanna be a dancer!

My Cars
    95 325I
    I got another dream now. I wanna be a dancer!
    You know what I like about highschool girls? I keep getting older but they stay the same age!

My Cars
    95 325is.
    mmm why slide M20 E30 when you have a 500hp E30 perfectly shorted 100% done car?, its sound like something is wrong and instead of fixing it you prefer to sell, i understand how it feels when trying to fix a car and you run into trouble think everything is fine and then new problems, you just say no more and quit, but you say this is not the case its "100%" so yes its sound like you what to pass the curse to some one else.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Nothing is cursed. I did melt the #1 wire at the last event. That was the last straw for me. There's always something to fix on the car. Last time it was the tune not letting it get past 4200. There's always something. The car is too complicated for me and I'm tired of constantly fixing it. Right now, aside from overheating on hard driving, the car starts and drives around fine. For all I know, if I just put a turbo blanket on it, the car would be fine.

But, the car isn't street legal and I'm tired of not being able to drive it around. Even if I fix the exhaust, I still need to get it to pass emissions. Which it won't without more $$. Even then, the car will get me pulled over daily. It's loud, it's uncomfortable. Why would I want a car I can only drive 6 times a year? I want something I can drive around and get groceries.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Nothing is cursed. I did melt the #1 wire at the last event. That was the last straw for me. There's always something to fix on the car. Last time it was the tune not letting it get past 4200. There's always something. The car is too complicated for me and I'm tired of constantly fixing it. Right now, aside from overheating on hard driving, the car starts and drives around fine. For all I know, if I just put a turbo blanket on it, the car would be fine.

But, the car isn't street legal and I'm tired of not being able to drive it around. Even if I fix the exhaust, I still need to get it to pass emissions. Which it won't without more $$. Even then, the car will get me pulled over daily. It's loud, it's uncomfortable. Why would I want a car I can only drive 6 times a year? I want something I can drive around and get groceries.
    I have not once been pulled over in my race car, and I've driven it to work at least 50 days this year.

I get it that you want a more comfortable daily, understandable.

IMO you should disclose the full issues with the car or investigate further, or fix it and then sell it, or have someone help you fix it. No offence but the car has always been a hackjob with wiring and MS stuff, so I can't say I'm surprised you're fed up. I would be happy to help you with it if you lived near me, but you don't

You should comp/leak down test for the new owner at least. Maybe sniff the radiator cap too for Hc.

-Mike
    Last edited by MikeE36; 08-15-2012 at 09:21 PM.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    I have not once been pulled over in my race car, and I've driven it to work at least 50 days this year.

I get it that you want a more comfortable daily, understandable.

IMO you should disclose the full issues with the car or investigate further, or fix it and then sell it, or have someone help you fix it. No offence but the car has always been a hackjob with wiring and MS stuff, so I can't say I'm surprised you're fed up. I would be happy to help you with it if you lived near me, but you don't

-Mike
    I did disclose full info. I fixed the melted wire and tied them back so it won't melt. The car's wiring was never an issue. But even if you have no faith in my wiring, this is now a regular old OBD1 full E36 harness adapted for the E30 like very other swap.

There's nothing I want help with. If I was to keep the car, I would chuck just the engine. Which I'm ok with too if someone just wants the motor. I don't get how difficult this is. Car runs, won't catch fire, if you floor it for a few minutes, it'll overheat. Yay. Now buy it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast